Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I tried the Sumaq Lounge last night, at prime time during all of the late-night flights to the US. It was fine but not great. I was not expecting much. Internet was very slow. It was nice to sit outside for awhile, and that would be the main reason I would in the future go to the lounge as opposed to hanging out in the terminal.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
I haven't strayed outside of my SCL-Brazil or SCL-USA routes for a long time, but I'm now on a SCL-BOG-LIM-SCL trip and wondering if there's been any change/improvement to the lounge situation at LIM? My meetings (near the airport) end long before my flight leaves at 10:30 pm, and I'm hoping (though not expecting) to have better options...
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by zpaul
I haven't strayed outside of my SCL-Brazil or SCL-USA routes for a long time, but I'm now on a SCL-BOG-LIM-SCL trip and wondering if there's been any change/improvement to the lounge situation at LIM? My meetings (near the airport) end long before my flight leaves at 10:30 pm, and I'm hoping (though not expecting) to have better options...
I revived a similar thread in the Purru forum over a week ago, and so far, sans reply.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Important change - I haven´t been in this lounge of paradise for quite some time ... until now.

(1) The setup where you get dumped out upstairs after transit security has changed - you are in the middle of the shopping in a way that will likely confuse you. You will eventually make it out and find your way.

(2) But wait, before you even go upstairs, stop at the LATAM CS counter as the lounges will no longer let you in without an invitation. Of course, I did not know this, and transit pax will not have an invitation. So, I went to the SUMAQ, was refused entry, and went back downstairs, got an invite, and then it took over 5 minutes to get back in (by the time I actually got in, the line to enter probably had 15 people in it).

Not a change - the breakfast offerings are reminiscent of breafkast a la alojamiento chileno of years past ... well, except the coffee is freshly ground.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Thanks! I was originating in LIM, so I didn't get to experience the transit portion. Was given an invitation to the SUMAQ (shudder) lounge which was it's usual over-crowded self.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! I was originating in LIM, so I didn't get to experience the transit portion. Was given an invitation to the SUMAQ (shudder) lounge which was it's usual over-crowded self.
Glad you enjoyed. I'll be back there again in a few days ... fortunately again in the AM when it isn't quite the quilombo. Still crowded, but not quite the delight that you experienced.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: LATAM Black
Currently in Lima - Apparently LATAM has cancelled the contract with SUMAQ and now has no lounge at all in LIM airport. At least that is what they told me in the SUMAQ lounge.
It seems very strange with the amount of traffic LATAM has in this airport. Anybody who can confirm?
EDIT:
LIM does not appear on the list anymore:
https://www.latam.com/es_pe/conoceno...p/salones-vip/
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
Currently in Lima - Apparently LATAM has cancelled the contract with SUMAQ and now has no lounge at all in LIM airport. At least that is what they told me in the SUMAQ lounge.
It seems very strange with the amount of traffic LATAM has in this airport. Anybody who can confirm?
EDIT:
LIM does not appear on the list anymore:
https://www.latam.com/es_pe/conoceno...p/salones-vip/
I would go down to the CS counter right after transit security and see if they still provide a pass.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:08 am

I got in with Priority pass and got flight in 40 min, so haven't got the time.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Wow - also removed on oneworld.com - only access for AA, IB and BA. Considering the size of LATAM at Lima, and the fact it is one of Latam's hubs that is amazing.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
Wow - also removed on oneworld.com - only access for AA, IB and BA. Considering the size of LATAM at Lima, and the fact it is one of Latam's hubs that is amazing.
I wonder if they're about to open a lounge that none of us know about.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
mmm that is a shame but lets be honest not really missing much. More often than not I have voluntarily left the lounge due to how busy it got. Would love if they opened a LATAM branded lounge.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:30 pm

Agree that it is a bearable loss. As others I am perplexed about it though as Lima is a major hub. Logically they should have a proper latam lounge, but I haven't seen or heard anything in that regard. When they were working on the SCL, BOG, EZE and GRU lounges they made sure to tell us about it...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
LATAM must (hopefully) be working on some alternative, because I cannot believe that they would completely go without any lounge facilities, although some of their regional competitors do (especially CM is great at not offering lounge access at many airports, LIM among them).

LIM is a much bigger hub for LATAM than BOG or EZE (let alone GYE or UIO, where, at least two my last knowledge, they do as well offer third party lounges) also connection wise.

Gosh, if only I had known that the SUMAQ days were counted, when I was there not even a fortnight ago. I would have enjoyed my Pilsen and my orange juice way more.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Well, yes, let's hope it's positive and LAN build their own lounge. They should really - and Sumaq was always way to busy, partly because of the size of Latam at Lima.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.