Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by myhunch
Please can someone verify...do they enforce the 4 hour max limit rule in either the Sumaq or VIP lounges in Jorge Chavez International Airport (LIM)? Also, is the cost to buy a pass into either of these lounges (hopefully one can pay and get in) still $50 per person? I have a lay over of more than 12 hours (11.10 PM to 1 PM next day) in LIM during my flights between IPC and IGU. Thanks in advance.
Hi. Don't think the buy-in price for VIP has changed, but will be at LIM tomorrow and will confirm this.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Please can someone verify...do they enforce the 4 hour max limit rule in either the Sumaq or VIP lounges in Jorge Chavez International Airport (LIM)? Also, is the cost to buy a pass into either of these lounges (hopefully one can pay and get in) still $50 per person? I have a lay over of more than 12 hours (11.10 PM to 1 PM next day) in LIM during my flights between IPC and IGU. Thanks in advance.
I would just advise you that many of us who are frequently in this lounge don't think very highly of it; 12 hours is a lot more than I would be willing to spend there (and I've done 12 hours in other lounges). If I were you I would look for a hotel. The lounge is not very comfortable and to make matters worse it can be quite crowded and LOUD. Additionally, the wi-fi is horrible and there are few electrical outlets.

Getting any rest there seems highly unlikely. Just my two cents.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by phlashba
I would just advise you that many of us who are frequently in this lounge don't think very highly of it ...

Agreed, although mid-day it might not be "so bad."

The problem with the hotel solution is
(1) The airport hotel can be quite expensive
(2) The trip from/ti LIM to a hotel is an expensive traffic-inducing headache
(3) Depending on your ticket fare construction, you may be hit with a departure tax when you return to LIM (if you formally enter Peru).
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Hi. Don't think the buy-in price for VIP has changed, but will be at LIM tomorrow and will confirm this.
Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you re. 'the buy in' prices for both Sumaq and VIP lounges.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:11 pm

Sorry, message removed...please see below.

Last edited by myhunch; Jan 13, 2013 at 10:18 pm
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:17 pm

I would just advise you that many of us who are frequently in this lounge don't think very highly of it; 12 hours is a lot more than I would be willing to spend there (and I've done 12 hours in other lounges). If I were you I would look for a hotel. The lounge is not very comfortable and to make matters worse it can be quite crowded and LOUD. Additionally, the wi-fi is horrible and there are few electrical outlets.

True most likely in all counts, but I certainly am not prepared to spend the $300 rate for the Airport Hotel!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Agreed, although mid-day it might not be "so bad."

The problem with the hotel solution is
(1) The airport hotel can be quite expensive
(2) The trip from/ti LIM to a hotel is an expensive traffic-inducing headache
(3) Depending on your ticket fare construction, you may be hit with a departure tax when you return to LIM (if you formally enter Peru).
Thanks...The LAN CS rep has already confirmed that I will be hit with the departure tax if I exited the airport for a night's stay in a hotel. Also, at that time of the night, it might be more prudent to stay put at the Airport
Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:22 am

Thanks...The LAN CS rep has already confirmed that I will be hit with the departure tax if I exited the airport for a night's stay in a hotel. Also, at that time of the night, it might be more prudent to stay put at the Airport
Very good points. Well, at least you'll have plenty of time for a LONG shower!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:02 pm

Very good points. Well, at least you'll have plenty of time for a LONG shower!
Hahaha...may be a few drinks followed by a long shower would be the best way to spend the 12 hours in a crowded Pruvian lounge! Hopefully they serve complimentary alcoholoic beverages
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
buy-in VIP and Sumaq

Ok, I asked.

VIP: $50 to buy in for 4 hours max, not extension. No shower, no sleeping room, unlimited drinks tho.

SUMAQ: Pay to play is $60 for 4 hours, $80 for 8 hours. MyHunch, I asked about 10 hours and they said the $80 would be fine. Showers, sleeping room, unlimited drinks, sh*t WiFi. Business centre has 10 PCs though, seemingly faster.

WRT other comments. Some suggest Sumaq is small so I counted the chairs. 99 chairs inside, 40 outside in the smokers patio so to me not so small unless you are a big time player like Plashba. Only saw 8 power outlets. Did ask the staff and they said renovations would begin in ¨6 months¨LOL.
Some suggest it would be too loud to sleep... but the rest room is separate from the lounge, it has 5 recliner-cot thingies.

The alfahoras were delicious, but the lemon muffins to die for.

I greeted the barman with ¨so how is the internet famous barman?¨and he smiled... well, half a smile... well, I think it was a smile... and he poured me two White Russians, double, without asking. Seems he remembers me.

Oh, and tried to take a pic of the orange juice machine, but all I got was the hand of the server as he told me photos prohibited.

Both lounges owned by Inversions FISA. Even after the renos to Sumaq there will be separate entrances, seems they want this differentiation.

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Jan 14, 2013 at 10:38 pm
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:58 pm

Ok, I asked.

VIP: $50 to buy in for 4 hours max, not extension. No shower, no sleeping room, unlimited drinks tho.

SUMAQ: Pay to play is $60 for 4 hours, $80 for 8 hours. MyHunch, I asked about 10 hours and they said the $80 would be fine. Showers, sleeping room, unlimited drinks, sh*t WiFi. Business centre has 10 PCs though, seemingly faster.

WRT other comments. Some suggest Sumaq is small so I counted the chairs. 99 chairs inside, 40 outside in the smokers patio so to me not so small unless you are a big time player like Plashba. Only saw 8 power outlets. Did ask the staff and they said renovations would begin in ¨6 months¨LOL.
Some suggest it would be too loud to sleep... but the rest room is separate from the lounge, it has 5 recliner-cot thingies.

I greeted the barman with ¨so how is the internet famous barman?¨and he smiled... well, half a smile... well, I think it was a smile... and he poured me two White Russians, double, without asking. Seems he remembers me.

Oh, and tried to take a pic of the orange juice machine, but all I got was the hand of the server as he told me photos prohibited.

Both lounges owned by Inversions FISA. Even after the renos to Sumaq there will be separate entrances, seems they want this differentiation.
Thanks a ton bingocallerb22!! That pretty much covers all what I needed to know! $80 for about 10 hours with unlimited drinks (and with the possibility of landing one of the 5 recliner chairs in the sleeping room during my long lay over) is not too bad a deal!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:08 am

Ok, I asked.

HAHA Bingo! PLEASE inform LAN that I'm a "big time player". Then maybe (to quote "Mommie Dearest") they'll "GIVE ME THE RESPEEEEEEECT I'M ENTITLED TOOOOO!"

On a serious note: I've never tried out the sleeping rooms so don't know how quiet they really are. As far as renovations in "six months" ---yeah right!!! And I've got a bridge for sale.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Ok, I asked.

SUMAQ: Pay to play is $60 for 4 hours, $80 for 8 hours.
Very interesting to see that price differential. It clearly shows that the two are not regarded as equal. Actually the pricing ratio reflects my own relative judgments of the two quite accurately

I concur that 12 hours is one heck of a time to spend in either of these lounges. They are not large or luxurious. After two hours I would be climbing up the walls. I have once used the Sumaq shower. It's adequate but again, not luxurious by any stretch.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:56 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Being a previous visitor to Sumaq, I'd agree that an extended stay where you are wanting sleep would not be an option.

On my last visit, although they are open 24 hrs, they find it fit to vaccuum the area at around 1 AM - regardless of whether people are aware or not.

You'd be better off finding a corner in the deserted departure concourse for more piece and quiet.

Showers are available there. There was a 20 minute wait on a weeknight at 8 PM when I was through...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Folks - Thanks for the informative thread. Had a couple of questions.

Arriving LAX-LIM, with a fairly long transit before our onward flight to LPB on TA (11 hrs in LIM). the LAN flight is in business, but the TA flight might be in coach (redemption). Do have a Priority Pass.

1) Any issues with the 4 hour limit that Priority Pass imposes?
2) OT - but didnt want to start a new thread - so plase ignore if apt - Will LA @ LAX check bags through to LPB (TA legs are a separate ticket)

Would've preferred to get out and get to a hotel to catch up on sleep, but we need visas for Peru, and since we're not spending any time in Peru per se, want to avoid the hassle of getting the visas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.