Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:31 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Enjoy your flight Andrea! Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.
Old May 18, 2014, 7:28 am

Sumaq renovations started. They have replaced the “cots” with more substantial comfortable-looking almost lie flat chairs in the sleeping room. Also nice new chairs in main lounge area, new lighting etc.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Next month, I've got a layover in LIM with my family from about 19:00 to 24:00. The last time this happened, I think I had an extra 2 hours and hired a guy to take us around Lima. I kind of think this is too short a time to leave the airport (and the hours are a bit weird, too). Is that a good strategy?

We have no lounge access on LAN (and we're flying coach), but I can rustle up enough Lounge Club punches to get us into the SUMAQ lounge. It sounds like this one is decent enough, right? Much better, than, say, a domestic Admiral's Club or United Club lounge?

If there are enough snacks in the lounge, we might not want to eat dinner elsewhere at the airport but, if we do, can anyone recommend a good, affordable option?

Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: LANPASS Premium Silver, SPG Gold Prefered Guest, Mahalo Rewards
No more smoking on the outside patio.

It sounds like this one is decent enough, right? Much better, than, say, a domestic Admiral's Club or United Club lounge?
I think SUMAQ is halfway between a business class Admiral's Lounge and the Flagship Lounges. At least in regards to food selection.

If there are enough snacks in the lounge, we might not want to eat dinner elsewhere at the airport but, if we do, can anyone recommend a good, affordable option?
The snack selection is good, but they are snacks nonetheless. Outside security I would recommend 4D. It is right after the stairs up the stairs to the second level on the left.

After security I would recommend Manacaru, right across from the lounges. I haven't tried anything else though, but the food is good and the prices are OK.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by alomme

I think SUMAQ is halfway between a business class Admiral's Lounge and the Flagship Lounges. At least in regards to food selection.
I would classify it as maybe 20% better than an AC on the AC to FL scale, and fail to understand how it wins those "awards."
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: LANPASS Premium Silver, SPG Gold Prefered Guest, Mahalo Rewards
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I would classify it as maybe 20% better than an AC on the AC to FL scale, and fail to understand how it wins those "awards."
My last visit was actually pleasant. People were helpful and didn't act like I was annoying them with my mere presence. No heavy sighs when asking for the WiFi password. Was addressed personally when my flight was boarding. It was at around noon though, so that probably explains it.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alomme

The snack selection is good, but they are snacks nonetheless. Outside security I would recommend 4D. It is right after the stairs up the stairs to the second level on the left.

After security I would recommend Manacaru, right across from the lounges. I haven't tried anything else though, but the food is good and the prices are OK.
OK, thanks. Sounds like we might want to eat dinner. Since we're making a connection, I guess Manacaru would be the right choice. My recollection is that LANPeru doesn't provide much in the way of food domestically in coach, so perhaps we'll be hungry when we get to LIM.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: SQ
The Sumaq lounge can be quite terrible when it is full. The new stuff doesn't make much of a difference and the real selling point is the orange juice machine.

Ex: Last night at around 12 there were no seats at all. Showers filled with others' hairs. Orange juice wonderful as always.

I wish they did something to compete with BOG. The LAN lounge there is wonderful, although I love those lounge chairs in the Avianca lounge.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:16 pm

Sumaq lounge renos complete. Nice plush chairs with swivel table. Renewed rest lounge. Redid the patio with proper chairs and tables, but removed smoking option (Sushi Bar across from Gate 20 still has smoking area). Bar open 24/7 and he can still make wonderful White Russians.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:17 am

We were there two weeks ago (9 PM) and couldn't find seats inside. There were some attractive large tables/chairs that look great, but people camp out there for hours and, as one or two people were commandeering space for four, it might not be the most efficient use of space. We ended up outside, where chairs were crammed side by side, every one taken. Only half of the outside space was available, with half closed off and chairs covered. Snacks were workable, but it wasn't a luxe experience by any stretch.
If we had landed inside at a table or one of the comfy looking chairs, it would have been much better.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Sumaq lounge renos complete. Nice plush chairs with swivel table. Renewed rest lounge. Redid the patio with proper chairs and tables, but removed smoking option (Sushi Bar across from Gate 20 still has smoking area). Bar open 24/7 and he can still make wonderful White Russians.
Any changes to the baños? Or are they still as inadequate as before?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Any changes to the baños? Or are they still as inadequate as before?
They are unchanged.... well, the mens, didn't venture into the ladies.

(?? Always clean and worked well for me.)
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
It's noon on a Tuesday, and not only does the wifi work, but the lounge is half empty. Definitely dependent variables though.

On the other hand, the air conditioning is broken. Can't win them all.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by OhioExile
It's noon on a Tuesday, and not only does the wifi work, but the lounge is half empty. Definitely dependent variables though.

On the other hand, the air conditioning is broken. Can't win them all.
You get a seat, OR wifi, OR AC. You expect to have all three at once? What do you think this is the winner of Best Lounge in South America or something?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold
I know this probably isn't the place to ask this.... I just don't know where to ask so maybe some kind soul can help me out.

I'll most likely be booking a business class ticket from SCL to LAX flight on LAN with a short stopover in LIM. I have 2 choices. One is about 1.5 hours... The other 3.5 hours. Is the 1.5 hour stopover adequate or should I opt for the longer time. I typically allow a minimum of 2 hours for stopovers but since the airport is small I thought the extra time might not be necessary. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.