Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by slhansen219
I know this probably isn't the place to ask this.... I just don't know where to ask so maybe some kind soul can help me out.

I'll most likely be booking a business class ticket from SCL to LAX flight on LAN with a short stopover in LIM. I have 2 choices. One is about 1.5 hours... The other 3.5 hours. Is the 1.5 hour stopover adequate or should I opt for the longer time. I typically allow a minimum of 2 hours for stopovers but since the airport is small I thought the extra time might not be necessary. Any thoughts? Thanks!
1.5 hours is plenty. If you're on 601/600 you don't even get off the plane.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Eastbay 1K is spot on. In the unlikely event that LAN changes planes (yes I've had it happen to me before) you won't have any time to hit the lounge anyway since they usually want to get 600/601 out on time given that they're very high profile LA (not LP) flights.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
1.5 hours is plenty. If you're on 601/600 you don't even get off the plane.
I'm trying to get 600... but that is unavailable right now. so may opt for a morning flight... with different flight numbers, hence plane change... but good to know that you think 1.5 hours is enough. Both flights are the same from LIM to LAX. It's just that I don't want to get up for the 7:35am flight when I can can take the 9:10 flight! It's all still speculative... who know what will be available tomorrow!!!
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
First time in LIM - Lunge question

Hello,

I am a UA 1K and a OW Emerald (as a AA EXP).

I will be arriving on LAN domestic (Economy) and departing on UA in paid business.

Any lounges accessible to me?

Showers available?

Thanks in advance

Lurker
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
Originally Posted by Lurker
Hello,

I am a UA 1K and a OW Emerald (as a AA EXP).

I will be arriving on LAN domestic (Economy) and departing on UA in paid business.

Any lounges accessible to me?

Showers available?

Thanks in advance

Lurker
Once you check in with UA they will issue an invitation for the SUMAQ Lounge. If you arrive from a domestic flight you will have to exit to the main check in hall and go through security and immigration. SUMAQ lounge is next to gate 17.

Enjoy.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:02 am
cjp

2016 update?

Any recent (2016) updates on the international VIP lounge situation in LIM? I have Priority Pass, and am trying to decide between the Sumaq and VIP Club.

Last edited by cjp; Jun 23, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: LANPASS
I believe Sumaq is still the way to go. Food and drinks are good (not great, but there's the freshly squeezed orange juice machine to make up for anything), lounge is spacious, quiet and comfortable.
Unless it gets really crowded, the lounge staff are generally very relaxed about the general 4-hours-max rule

IME, VIP Club tends to be a bit noisier since they have a couple of xboxes or playstations, or wii-Us (can't remember which) so people who travel with kids tend to prefer it over Sumaq. And most of the time, when there's kids theres noise
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
OMG, what is with everyone and the damn orange juice machine in Sumaq? I've heard so much about it ... it is just... normal. Haha. Sorry for the interruption to your otherwise civilised conversation!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlarroulet
lounge is spacious, quiet and comfortable.
Unless it gets really crowded, the lounge staff are generally very relaxed about the general 4-hours-max rule
Lounge is typically overcrowded and uncomfortable when I pass through, or I'm sent to VIP due to overcrowding. The toilet situation on my last visit was abysmal.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:58 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by MfromL
OMG, what is with everyone and the damn orange juice machine in Sumaq? I've heard so much about it ... it is just... normal. Haha. Sorry for the interruption to your otherwise civilised conversation!
There's also an orange juice machine at VIP lounge! (and yes, I'm a fan)
Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:33 am

omg. you can buy freshly squeezed OJ in the streets of Lima (and in Metro, Wong, Totus, Plaza Vea, Vivanda)... it is just weird how Europeans and North Americans look at that 'magic' machine in Sumaq. But they don't marvel as much when getting into a big steel plane that will take them to the other side of the planet.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MfromL
omg. you can buy freshly squeezed OJ in the streets of Lima (and in Metro, Wong, Totus, Plaza Vea, Vivanda)... it is just weird how Europeans and North Americans look at that 'magic' machine in Sumaq. But they don't marvel as much when getting into a big steel plane that will take them to the other side of the planet.
Most of those planes have crappy boxed juice.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:29 am

i'm going to start freaking out now. see you all in a while, i have to go out and shout to a tree or something.

Last edited by MfromL; Jun 24, 2016 at 11:35 am
Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:50 am

I thought of you all when I saw this at MAD last week. You don't need a cultural revolution (or a lounge) for an orange skeezing machine... LOL.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Ñam ñam...delikious juice!

Last edited by zpaul; Jul 22, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.