Consolidated "Steak Houses in Las Vegas" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Steak Houses in Las Vegas" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2007, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Another vote for Craftsteak. We visit Vegas once a year and never miss.

Certainly not cheap but we have tried all the other top restaurants and cannot get anywhere close.

Recommend the Kobe Skirt ($68) for a taste sensation.

If you are downtown, Hugo's Cellar for a great meal and service, but the steaks do not compare!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:01 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver
Originally Posted by bltserv
I agree. For a special Vegas meal. Outback is not the place.
You can do that at home. Everything is frozen like Sizzler.

Another idea. Only had a quick meal there once. I think a couple years back.
Gallagher's. Its in NY.NY. Has all sorts of dry aged prime steaks hanging in a display out front of the restaurant.
Anyone else been here recently that can make a good/bad review ?
I remember the place was jammed. But the service and food were good.
This was one of those late night meals when I was already a little
fuzzy from a "long Vegas day". The steak was good. Sides were excellent.
I personally love gallagher´s, had the dry-aged strip steak for four times in the last year.always to my expectations and with 35$ for me reasonable priced.
i only sat once on a table, together with friends in the back room of the restaurant.all the other times at the bar, which i prefer much more.faster and more easy in every aspect for me.
next trip in november i will try craftsteak with the kobe beef(comped from playing poker).

cheers
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:39 pm

Agree completely with Craftsteak. Went for the second time a couple of weeks ago and it was superb.

Does anyone know what the sauce is that comes with the steaks?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by westers
Agree completely with Craftsteak. Went for the second time a couple of weeks ago and it was superb.

Does anyone know what the sauce is that comes with the steaks?
Last time I was there the waiter kept saying "bearnaise."
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:52 am

I was offered Bearnaise as an option, or a sauce/jus that all the steaks came with.

Last edited by westers; Mar 21, 2008 at 9:51 am
Old Mar 21, 2008, 9:54 am

Has anyone been to SW Steakhouse at wynn? Does it have a bar area to eat at? I'm arriving the night before my mates and Wynn have a $199 rate with $100 credit and don't really fancy sitting at a table by myself.

Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by Catman
...There's also Binions Ranch Steakhouse in downtown Las Vegas which has been mentioned here with the awesome view of Las Vegas. (I remember this palce as the Binion's Horseshoe steakhouse)

http://www.binions.com/main.htm?steakhouse

Click on Menu which opens up as a PDF file.

Steak prices range around 30-35 dollars but come with vegetables and choice of potato. Their Lobster Bisque is among the best I've had.

Have a good "Steak Do."
Originally Posted by JerryGuitar
Plus, the view of the strip from Binion's Ranch (on 20+ something floor) was pretty cool. We'll go back there again next year.
I never really "got" steak eating until the kaukau team introduced me to Binion's Ranch Steakhouse. Now, the lobster bisque and steak Diane keep me smiling for days.

Oh, and the "dated" interior makes it even more special for me.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by Sunnyhere
I never really "got" steak eating until the kaukau team introduced me to Binion's Ranch Steakhouse. Now, the lobster bisque and steak Diane keep me smiling for days.

Oh, and the "dated" interior makes it even more special for me.
Another place we want to try with you is Yolie's Brazilian Steakhouse, 3900 Paradise by Firefly. Locals rave about it; hardly any visitors even know about it. I think Mrp Alert mentioned how great it is. Definitely in the cards for future dining!
Old Mar 21, 2008, 1:44 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by westers
Has anyone been to SW Steakhouse at wynn? Does it have a bar area to eat at? I'm arriving the night before my mates and Wynn have a $199 rate with $100 credit and don't really fancy sitting at a table by myself.

Thanks
Yes, but it is small and often full.

I'd recommend Country Club instead of SW. Sit at the nice quiet bar there or get a table outside.

QL
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Any updates for April 2008

Hi. We will be in LV APril 20-24. We have some serious steak lovers and ask if there are any new or additional recommendations for steak houses?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by silver springer
Hi. We will be in LV APril 20-24. We have some serious steak lovers and ask if there are any new or additional recommendations for steak houses?

Thanks in advance.
The usual suspects discussed in this thread still stand: Craftsteak, Circus Circus Steakhouse (believe or not), Prime, Delmonicos (although I think it is just average), Del Friscos.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by QuietLion
Yes, but it is small and often full.

I'd recommend Country Club instead of SW. Sit at the nice quiet bar there or get a table outside.

QL
I second Binion's for the incredible view and the old steakhouse feel.

Country Club at the Wynn is my current favorite place to eat in Vegas, though I've only had lunch and haven't had the steaks. You can sit out on the patio and watch the golfers who are paying $500 a round hack their way up the 18th fairway. I saw some of them cheat.

Absolutely beautiful view.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by silver springer

Thanks in advance.
We went to The Range last night. Absolutely fabulous, maybe my best meal at The Range yet. Three of us had the Bone-In Ribeye, Fillet, and King Crab Legs. The steaks were right on, and the crab legs were unbelievable...huge, and you really didn't even need the butter sauce.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
We went to The Range last night. Absolutely fabulous, maybe my best meal at The Range yet. Three of us had the Bone-In Ribeye, Fillet, and King Crab Legs. The steaks were right on, and the crab legs were unbelievable...huge, and you really didn't even need the butter sauce.
you got my mouth watering...
Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

del friscos vs capitol grille?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.