Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Steak Houses in Las Vegas" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Sorry that is not correct.There are plent of locals places off the strip that have good steaks/steak house experience.
Del Friscos Golden eagle
Golden Bull
Hanks at the GVR
T'bones at the Red Rock
Many others-Las vegas is HUGE and has lots of fine off strip restaurants.
golden bull??? hah. as a local I wouldn't eat their horse meat.

T=bones at red rock is ok. but for most tourist redrock is a bit far to go for beef when there are better options near or on the strip.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
I can highly recommend the Steakhouse at the Circus Circus. Please make reservations though. Last time I went there, the earliest seating I could get on a Monday evening was 9.30pm!!!!

Prices were reasonable $40 for my 20oz RibEye
Old Oct 31, 2006, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by indo79
I can highly recommend the Steakhouse at the Circus Circus.
This place was always excellent when I lived in town. Dry-aged beef long before the current popularity of dry aging (you walk right by the meat locker where they do the dry aging on your way in); delicious food and top-notch service every time I went. The only drawback is having to walk through Circus Circus before and after the meal.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:07 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Glad to read these reviews, I constantly hear from people that the Circus steak house is great, but I somehow cant seem to tear myself away from Mortons long enough to try it....
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:16 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Dry-aged beef long before the current popularity of dry aging (you walk right by the meat locker where they do the dry aging on your way in);
Now I'm interested. That's the real deal!
Old Nov 7, 2006, 12:53 pm

I went to the steak house in Binions the past July. Was downtown for something and it was recommended by my parents. It was very good, great value and wine list, but interior dated. But I would go back. I like Delomonicos and the prime also.

The Palm for lunch is also a good deal on their price fix menu they have a NY strip. Small but good. If you go, the bloody bulls are made with the a jus. Honestly, I go for the bloody bull and the key lime pie (not together).
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:44 am

Anybody else try Delfriscos? I always go there for steak and it's good.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 4:53 am

Del Frisco's is outstanding.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by GDIW
I would suggest getting off the strip and going to the Golden Steer. http://www.goldensteerlv.com/index-main.htm It is just west of the strip on Sahara - gives IDine points - and has been serving "The Best Steaks on Earth" for about 50 years.
might be "best on Earth" for 50 years...but it comes with some free additional items...

Golden Steer Steak House, 308 W. Sahara Ave., received 27 demerits April 5. Violations included two bug lights in food prep area full of dead insects and dead cockroaches on floors. GRADE: C
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
might be "best on Earth" for 50 years...but it comes with some free additional items...

Golden Steer Steak House, 308 W. Sahara Ave., received 27 demerits April 5. Violations included two bug lights in food prep area full of dead insects and dead cockroaches on floors. GRADE: C
OOOOHHHH - I didn't need to know that!

I guess we'll just have to stick to Michael's that moved to South Point! Hope they scored well.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:11 pm

OOOOHHHH - I didn't need to know that!

I guess we'll just have to stick to Michael's that moved to South Point! Hope they scored well.
have you tried it since the move to SP?
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:35 pm

No, I haven't been there yet. Actually, their prices are a bit steep for us and we only get there for very special occasions. How about you? I hope when we do try them it is still great food with great service.

And, I do appreciate your keeping us posted on the inspection grades. Restaurant kitchens are not something I like to think about.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:36 pm

No, I haven't been there yet. Actually, their prices are a bit steep for us and we only get there for very special occasions. How about you? I hope when we do try them it is still great food with great service.

And, I do appreciate your keeping us posted on the inspection grades. Restaurant kitchens are not something I like to think about.

I was thinking about trying the SP location this weekend. I'll post if I do.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Anyone been to S&W on the Strip recently? Reports? Ranking versus Ruths Chris or Delmonicos?

Passed up the chance to eat at Prime / Bellagio on my last LV trip owing to the testimony on this thread... a little precious for me anyway...
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:40 am

Programs: hoarding miles
Originally Posted by BearX220
Anyone been to S&W on the Strip recently? Reports? Ranking versus Ruths Chris or Delmonicos?

Passed up the chance to eat at Prime / Bellagio on my last LV trip owing to the testimony on this thread... a little precious for me anyway...
I ate at S&W on the strip in Apr '06, and it was OK - didn't blow me away. I expect to be blown away for $120/pp. So this year's trip, Apr '07, we went downtown to Binion's Ranch. It was a better steak & better service for about $70/pp. Those prices include wine at both places, which brings me to another pet peeve of mine. Why a restarurant feels the need to charge over $100 for a bottle of wine that is $30-$40 retail is beyond me. S&W was far worse on the markup than Binion's Ranch was. Plus the waiter at S&W kept trying to upsell us, which I didn't care for. I know what I like, and what price range I am comfortable drinking in for the occasion.
Plus, the view of the strip from Binion's Ranch (on 20+ something floor) was pretty cool. We'll go back there again next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.