Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: FB, MR Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by skchin
How does DL flyer choose seats on KLM metals?
If you mean you've booked with Delta (original DL flight number) and the flight is operated by KLM through codeshare: you can't...
I've been running into this problem and it's really unacceptable that nowadays you can't book EC when you've booked with Delta and the flight is operated by KLM. It seems to be problem with the two different booking systems both companies use. For example...after a long, long telephone call with the KLM service centre they have assigned me EC seats on a particular flight, however, when I want to pay for the seats the system just don't accept the payment (credit card). I've tried everything. I've been in contact with Delta NL, Delta US, KLM NL service centre. I've been to Terminal 2, to visit the ticket counter. I've tried to arrange things through KLM's Facebook team. Result: I'm 'assigned' EC seat on my AMS-LAX flight. But the thing is....I have not payed for them...I just can't....I'm willing....but I just can't. Everybody is selling me a NO when it comes to the payment. So there is no guarantee that I will have those EC seats on the flight.

We can fly to space, live there for several months. Planes fly themselves from A to B, lands themselves if necessary. In a few months time you can choose you're seat mate when flying KLM... but when you're holding a booked Delta ticket and the flight is operated by KLM you can't buy a EC seat upfront for the flight....totally insane and not acceptable! Poor show KLM!

Last edited by Baseleg79; Jan 14, 2012 at 2:49 pm
Old Jan 16, 2012, 4:06 pm

despite being FBG and same PNR other passenger no discount

I was under the impression that my travel partner would also get an elite discount for being on the same PNR in economy comfort? I've got gold level, but was surprised to see that this is not the case when i selected the seats today for a booking today.

Am I confused, did it change or is Delta offering this service and not KLM?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Escape
I was under the impression that my travel partner would also get an elite discount for being on the same PNR in economy comfort? I've got gold level, but was surprised to see that this is not the case when i selected the seats today for a booking today.

Am I confused, did it change or is Delta offering this service and not KLM?
Only Delta offers the discount to the companions on the same PNR. KLM only offers the discount to the actual card holder I am afraid.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: FB-LTPE
HELP!! EC is getting too popular

I just booked a trip to IAD early Feb and one to BKK mid Feb - most seats in EC are gone, 1-2 aisle/window seats left for 3 out 4. From IAD only 2 middle seat in EC left (people are actually buying middle seats in EC? - weird).

EC is getting too popular!!!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by NB00
people are actually buying middle seats in EC? - weird
Interesting observation. I get the seats for free with platinum. But would never take the middle seat and simply opt for a window seat or isle seat in normal Y. Unless...I would be traveling with other people...
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: FB-LTPE
Originally Posted by Zembla
Interesting observation. I get the seats for free with platinum. But would never take the middle seat and simply opt for a window seat or isle seat in normal Y. Unless...I would be traveling with other people...
Okay, it applies to only 3 people that sit in middle seats of the 5 available (rows 11-12-14), I guess a couple that really want to sit together and assume the rest of the plane is pretty full,because indeed I would opt for AB or HJ in normal economy than FG in EC.

Let's hope it indeed means Economy is too full and they open up the 2nd C-class section for regular economy pax (or of course an upgrade for this plat). Probably wishful thinking
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Gajan
Which would be good to try and keep the moochers out who move there after take-off without paying the surcharge.
As an alternative they could even offer the buy-up on board.
I don't get this.

You paid the surcharge to be guaranteed the seat of your choice. How does it make any difference to the comfort of your travel if the person sitting next to you paid more or less?

Why does it make you happy that someone sitting "back there" is less comfortable than they might be, while you fly with an empty seat next to you - for which you paid nothing at all?

scha·den·freu·de
satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rogah
I don't get this.
I do, and I suspect that just about everybody else does too.

It really is very simple:

EC is for those who have paid for it, and for those that KL has decided to accommodate for free as a reward for their loyalty.

Those "less comfortable" in the back, could have paid for EC, but chose not to. They should therefore stay where they belong.

Johan
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
totally agree
by the way all longhaul aircraft now offer ec,, and cabincrew will try to sell remaining seats.
staff on board will get a list with passenger names ,like in wbc, in this way illegal seatchanges are less likely, and it will make it easier to adress passengers by name
EC seems to be a big succes, they even consider introducing it on intra european flights!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Yes. I think it's quite normal that you get what you pay for, and you don't get what you don't pay for. Unless it is given to you for whatever reason and that is very appreciable, but should not be expected. (ie. upgrades)

I think it's a clever product and I appreciate it very much as a plat benefit.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by splflyer
they even consider introducing it on intra european flights!
As a LTPE, I'm all for the idea, on the assumption that it will considerably increase my chances of an emtpy adjacent middle seat.

Jiohan
Old May 3, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta, United, AA
Flying ATL-AMS (KLM 622 / DL 9375 on an MD-11) on Saturday on a B fare. No EC seats available at the time of booking, but I've been watching it for the last week (via Delta website).

Last night I noticed that 11A had opened up so I snagged it. Weird thing was that Delta's seatmap didn't show 11A as an EC seat. If I try to change seats on KLM's website 11A disappears as an option once I move to another seat. KLM's website does show me in 11A as confirmed.

Should I expect to get booted out of this seat? If so, I'd rather just book a window halfway back rather than getting stuck in a middle seat in the back..........
Old May 3, 2012, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jacket1515
Flying ATL-AMS (KLM 622 / DL 9375 on an MD-11) on Saturday on a B fare. No EC seats available at the time of booking, but I've been watching it for the last week (via Delta website).

Last night I noticed that 11A had opened up so I snagged it. Weird thing was that Delta's seatmap didn't show 11A as an EC seat. If I try to change seats on KLM's website 11A disappears as an option once I move to another seat. KLM's website does show me in 11A as confirmed.

Should I expect to get booted out of this seat? If so, I'd rather just book a window halfway back rather than getting stuck in a middle seat in the back..........
If you are DL DM/PM you should not be kicked out.

Please note that it is important that the seat selection is stated correctly in the system of the operating airline. If it shows confirmed in the KLM system it should be OK.

Gajan
Old May 3, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: Delta, United, AA
Originally Posted by Gajan
If you are DL DM/PM you should not be kicked out.

Please note that it is important that the seat selection is stated correctly in the system of the operating airline. If it shows confirmed in the KLM system it should be OK.

Gajan
Thanks, I'm not DM/PM but hoping that the ticket being a B fare will help me slide by..........
Old May 4, 2012, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jacket1515
Thanks, I'm not DM/PM but hoping that the ticket being a B fare will help me slide by..........
Sorry, I missed that part.

A Y/B/M fare also grant you access to EC.

Gajan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.