Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 3:50 am

earliest time for booking EC seats?

Hi all,

Have a booking for DEC.

I wonder if I can book EC seats now or need to wait till 90 days before dept.
2 pax on the PNR, 1 of them Platinum.

Thx,

sebastravel
Old Aug 19, 2010, 4:02 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by sebastravel
Hi all,

Have a booking for DEC.

I wonder if I can book EC seats now or need to wait till 90 days before dept.
2 pax on the PNR, 1 of them Platinum.

Thx,

sebastravel
Hello,

It is only possible to book a seat on KLM from 90 days till departure.
If one passenger is Platinum member, he/she will get the seat free, while the other passenger will need to pay the full amount - no discount is given.

Hope you have a good trip,

Gajan
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:16 am

ok thx for the info Gajan.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:52 am

KLM, MD-11. Economy comfort, row 8.

I booked 8G & 8H for me and my wife. Does anybody know about seats 8A, 8B, 8C is there any partition in front of the seats?

In other words - where is more the space for the legs on 8H&8G or 8A&8C.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by vk222
KLM, MD-11. Economy comfort, row 8.

I booked 8G & 8H for me and my wife. Does anybody know about seats 8A, 8B, 8C is there any partition in front of the seats?

In other words - where is more the space for the legs on 8H&8G or 8A&8C.

Thanks in advance!
8G has nothing but aisle in front of it, 8H has 7H in front. 7H & 7J are the ones to get. Check seatguru.com
Old Aug 22, 2010, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by COFF-Platinum
8G has nothing but aisle in front of it, 8H has 7H in front. 7H & 7J are the ones to get. Check seatguru.com
I already checked seating plans, but I can't realize is there anything in front of 8A,B,C or not?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by vk222
I already checked seating plans, but I can't realize is there anything in front of 8A,B,C or not?
IIRC, there is nothing in front of 8C. There is a partition in front of 8A/8B.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Sep 22, 2010, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KL is advertising Economy Comfort in the Swedish morning papers just about every day. For some funny reason, the seat is not pictured, but the lady shown fast asleep is reclined at 127°, which is surely a lot more than the 7" recline that Economy Comfort offers according to SeatGuru (I'm too lazy to do the maths).

Johan
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:29 am

17 D & E on Combi?

Hi all,

Wanted to know if seats 17 D&E on the combi are good seats or not. We are travelling with an infanty so I supose row 11 is a no no. so row 17 should give us some toilet flush noise, but full recline at any time and movable armrests.

Anybody can confirm there's no recline limitation on that seats?

Thx for your help.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Why not 11 D/E? These have a bit of extra room in front which may be quite nice if travelling with an infant. Armrests indeed not movable as they contain the tray tables, but should that be an issue? It also gives easy access to the door area in front of 9 A/B/C.

17 D/E also have room with an exit behind but you may find that this space fills quickly with pax from the section behind and with pax waiting for the lavatories.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

FYI: Skymiles members get EC free of charge as well

From the Delta Forum: it appears that Economy Comfort Seats are now free for DL SM PM & DM.
When SM GM becomes Skyteam Elite Plus, lets hope they will not get Economy Comfort free of charge as that would really be discriminating against FB members.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 1:38 pm

What is the source of the info that GM will become Elite Plus? Seems unlikey, as that would provide GM with lounge access on international fkights, which I cannot imagine that Delta would do.

Originally Posted by Gajan
From the Delta Forum: it appears that Economy Comfort Seats are now free for DL SM PM & DM.
When SM GM becomes Skyteam Elite Plus, lets hope they will not get Economy Comfort free of charge as that would really be discriminating against FB members.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
What is the source of the info that GM will become Elite Plus? Seems unlikey, as that would provide GM with lounge access on international fkights, which I cannot imagine that Delta would do.
See this link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15004831-post26.html
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Question about DM & Comfort Economy on KLM

Originally Posted by Gajan
Hi Gajan, I posted on that thread that you quote here. I said there that I had called Delta and that they were able to get me Comfort Economy seats for free as a DM. I may have spoken too soon. My problem was that I had already paid for exit row seats (not Comfort Economy) for 3 out of the 4 legs of my itinerary, and then learned (from FT) that DMs should not have to pay. My result: I am now in Comfort Economy on the 4th leg (the one that I did not pay to get an exit row seat), but still on the exit rows for the other 3 legs. I wrote KLM, seeking a refund for the payment, but did not get a reply. But I am also now thinking whether an exit row seat may be better than a comfort economy seat. In any case, do you have any suggestions what I should do? I would rather really have free Comfort Economy seats than pay for them. Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2010, 3:25 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rbn4000
My problem was that I had already paid for exit row seats (not Comfort Economy) for 3 out of the 4 legs of my itinerary, and then learned (from FT) that DMs should not have to pay. My result: I am now in Comfort Economy on the 4th leg (the one that I did not pay to get an exit row seat), but still on the exit rows for the other 3 legs. I wrote KLM, seeking a refund for the payment, but did not get a reply. But I am also now thinking whether an exit row seat may be better than a comfort economy seat. In any case, do you have any suggestions what I should do? I would rather really have free Comfort Economy seats than pay for them. Thanks!
Strange, KLM website specifically states that only FB Plats and Golds can reserve a exit row for free, not ST Elites + in general. EC seats are available for ST elite+ with a 50% discount, so that seat also shouldn't be assigned to you for free.
Now reading through the conditions of an exit row seats, I don't think you are eligible to get a refund as you and not KLM wants to cancel the seats.
Not having own experience, but I think an exit row has more legroom than EC, but EC seats also have twice as much recline.
I would stay with this situation, as you really will have to pay for EC when you will swap the exit row seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.