Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:47 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Is it so that EC+ is still never totally booked?! I always liked the EC cabin on the 744 and with a little hassle always been able to get a seat in that cabin (since i'm not even Elite pax)...but that cabin has now become EC+.

It's the only plane I think with it's own small cabin for the + option and if I know I'm not going to get it, then I wouldn't mind paying.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:27 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Is it so that EC+ is still never totally booked?! I always liked the EC cabin on the 744 and with a little hassle always been able to get a seat in that cabin (since i'm not even Elite pax)...but that cabin has now become EC+.

It's the only plane I think with it's own small cabin for the + option and if I know I'm not going to get it, then I wouldn't mind paying.
Are you sure you are talking KL? As far as I know, KL has WBC on the top deck, but maybe I'm wrong.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:36 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Are you sure you are talking KL? As far as I know, KL has WBC on the top deck, but maybe I'm wrong.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
I think he means that before that became Economy Comfort [between 1L and 2L], he was able to select a seat there without any problems [the so-called select seating zone].

WBC on the B744 is on the upper-deck & rows 1- 4 on the main deck.

Gajan
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Gajan
I think he means that before that became Economy Comfort [between 1L and 2L], he was able to select a seat there without any problems [the so-called select seating zone].

WBC on the B744 is on the upper-deck & rows 1- 4 on the main deck.

Gajan
Oops, totally misread the message ... that's what I get for replying before I finish my coffee.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 28, 2010, 6:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
recently I flew AMS-YUL on the MD11, sitting in the exit row 23. Thoes that counts for EC (since 23C has more room than any EC seat)
Old Jul 28, 2010, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Oops, totally misread the message ... that's what I get for replying before I finish my coffee.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Don't worry, I have had some of those moments as well. Could be due to the fact I have stopped drinking coffee!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Prices have been changed for certain destinations as per 28 July 2010

Prices have been changed for:
New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Shanghai, Singapore & Curaçao.

Please see the new long list below:

ABV 80
ACC 90
ADD 80
ALA 90
ATL 90
AUH 90
BAH 90
CAI 80
DEL 90
DXB 90
EBB 80
EWR 90
IAD 90
IKA 80
JFK 80
KAN 80
KRT 80
DOH 90
KWI 90
LOS 90
MCT 90
DMM 80
NBO 90
ORD 90
SXM 90
YUL 90
YYZ 90
AUA 140
BKK 140
BON 140
TPE 140
CPT 140
CUR 120
DAR 130
DFW 120
GRU 130
GYE 130
HKG 140
IAH 130
ICN 120
JKT 140
DPS 140
JNB 140
JRO 130
KIX 120
KUL 140
LAX 120
LIM 130
MEX 130
MNL 130
NRT 130
PBM 140
PEK 130
PVG 120
PTY 130
YVR 140
YYC 120
SFO 120
SIN 120
UIO 130
CTU 120
HGH 130
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Hmmmm hope the stay that way. I've got some crappy Bluebiz points left, so could use those to pay for the EC+
Old Aug 5, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: Ambassador PC, Silver HH, Platinum SPG, SQ Gold, EK Gold, MH Silver, NationalCar Executive Elite
Wanted to ask, lets say I have a B fare ticket which is fully flexible economy intercontinental. I wanted to reserve an EC seat but apparently the EC cabin seats has all been accounted for.

Would this mean that entire EC cabin seats are occupied by either X or B fare ticket holders or it would also be made up of FB Plat/Gold or even EC paying passengers?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
According to my experience, Plats are booked into EC automatically if space is available (it's free for us anyway). Regarding Gold and Silver, you are not assigned a seat in EC unless you pay for it. So when I travel with my partner (who is Silver only), I call KL immediately after making a reservation and book (and pay) an EC seat for him. (Of course, you could also do it during check-in, but EC seats might have gone by then.)
So EC works on a first-come-first-served basis.

Last edited by cityflyer369; Aug 5, 2010 at 9:23 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:32 am

Programs: Ambassador PC, Silver HH, Platinum SPG, SQ Gold, EK Gold, MH Silver, NationalCar Executive Elite
Is it stated somewhere on KLM's website the priority arrangement for an EC seat? I have tried looking at the T&C of EC but it fails to prioritize the way EC seats are allocated. The only thing I can see is the following (not from the T&C):-
"If you are a Platinum Flying Blue member, or if you travel on a fully flexible Economy ticket, you pay nothing extra for an Economy Comfort seat. Flying Blue Gold and Silver members get a discount."

My next question is, what sort of refund (if any) would I get if I have paid for a fully flexible B fare but do not get an EC seat allocated.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by capkapak
Is it stated somewhere on KLM's website the priority arrangement for an EC seat? I have tried looking at the T&C of EC but it fails to prioritize the way EC seats are allocated. The only thing I can see is the following (not from the T&C):-
"If you are a Platinum Flying Blue member, or if you travel on a fully flexible Economy ticket, you pay nothing extra for an Economy Comfort seat. Flying Blue Gold and Silver members get a discount."

My next question is, what sort of refund (if any) would I get if I have paid for a fully flexible B fare but do not get an EC seat allocated.
None. It's not a guaranteed thing, it's just free for you. So there would be a refund of $0 for the lack of free amenity.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:23 am

None. It's not a guaranteed thing, it's just free for you. So there would be a refund of $0 for the lack of free amenity.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Yup that's what I thought as well. Anyhow, will ask the check-in desk if its still possible to get an EC seat, its forAMS->KUL on the 777/300. I am hoping there maybe some sort of placement structure based on fare and FB status.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by capkapak
Yup that's what I thought as well. Anyhow, will ask the check-in desk if its still possible to get an EC seat, its forAMS->KUL on the 777/300. I am hoping there maybe some sort of placement structure based on fare and FB status.
I hope that you are able to get an EC seat, but if the seat map shows that all EC seats are taken I doubt they will be able to get you a EC seat as it is "first come, first served".

Gajan
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:27 am

Programs: FB-LTPE
Originally Posted by Gajan
I hope that you are able to get an EC seat, but if the seat map shows that all EC seats are taken I doubt they will be able to get you a EC seat as it is "first come, first served".

Gajan
I have the same problem, also with a booking on a 777: I do not even see a seatmap and when I check the AF website all seats (not only EC) are taken. Maybe a computer glitch?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.