Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by Pauillac
Hello

I am currently pre seated in row 15 of a KLM 777/200. It is the first row after EC. since EC seats have more recline does that mean that row 15 is a kind of hybrid row with more leg room and standard eco recline or row 14 has the standard economy recline?

thanks for your help
So? Did you keep your row 15 seat? And was it better than a normal Y seat or even worse? I am interested as I am currently seated in row 15 of KLM 772 and 77W.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:35 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Originally Posted by GuillaumeD
So? Did you keep your row 15 seat? And was it better than a normal Y seat or even worse? I am interested as I am currently seated in row 15 of KLM 772 and 77W.
I am flying on march 19th so I won't know it till then and won't be able to post a response before march 30th (very very limited phone and internet access where I will be^)
I am travelling with a gold pax so I finally decided to buy an economy confort upgrade for her at half price. I won't test therefore the row 15th but will try to get a look at it once on board.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 5:38 am

Thanks!
As I am flying by the end of april, I can wait your answer. I will keep my row 15 seat and change later if necessary. The 31' pitch is killing me on long haul flights!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:57 am

Programs: FB Gold; Qantas FF Silver
Last long-haul B747 flight on KLM in February I overheard the KLM purser talking to other crew members on the success op economy comfort.
In the B747 eco comfort is really a different quiet section in the airplane. The purser mentioned that KLM is planning to introduce dividers between eco comfort and normal eco in all other aircrafts as well in the near future.

Not sure if it will be AF type of hard dividers, more likely it will be just a curtain I would suppose.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:22 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by flySN
Last long-haul B747 flight on KLM in February I overheard the KLM purser talking to other crew members on the success op economy comfort.
In the B747 eco comfort is really a different quiet section in the airplane. The purser mentioned that KLM is planning to introduce dividers between eco comfort and normal eco in all other aircrafts as well in the near future.

Not sure if it will be AF type of hard dividers, more likely it will be just a curtain I would suppose.
Which would be good to try and keep the moochers out who move there after take-off without paying the surcharge.
As an alternative they could even offer the buy-up on board.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
AMS - ORD

I may have missed it, if someone has already posted this.
However, the last few times I've flown to Chicago with an EC seat, I've been moved to the lower First Class area on at least one leg. Economy service, but the seat and space is most definitely a treat. Although, the EC seats on the KL 747-combi is worth the price alone, if you must pay for it.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wilber
I may have missed it, if someone has already posted this.
However, the last few times I've flown to Chicago with an EC seat, I've been moved to the lower First Class area on at least one leg. Economy service, but the seat and space is most definitely a treat. Although, the EC seats on the KL 747-combi is worth the price alone, if you must pay for it.
Some flight where WBC is not sold out and Y is full/overbooked they will convert the lower deck WBC to an economy class area: you get the business seat but economy class service.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:23 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Originally Posted by GuillaumeD
It wasn't obvious as I didn't sat on those seats from what I could see I thing there is slightly more leg room but was hard to tell.
Was in row 10 J/K for both legs and it was great seats with unlimited leg room and a private feeling
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:51 am
Original Poster

KLM is offering a E20 discount on a buy up to Economy Comfort valid until 16 April 2011.

Source: http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/prep...my_comfort.htm

Gajan
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Delta Skymiles members seem to be getting free EC on KLM..

See page five on this thread and this trip report.

I was automatically assigned a seat in KLM’s Economy Comfort cabin. These seats are the same as in coach, but with 4 extra inches of legroom. It was a nice surprise because I had always read that SkyTeam Elite Plus (Delta Platinum/Medallion/Gold) have to pay extra to get those seats. Even when I called to change our seats, the phone rep questioned me about whether I had actually paid to be in the cabin – to which I said yes, because I didn’t want her to boot us out of our seats
If SM members are getting free EC on KLM I hope that this benefit will also be extended to FB members travelling on Delta when the programme has been rolled out. It would be seriously uncool if we had to pay for it.

Gajan
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:59 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Gajan

See page five on this thread and this trip report.

If SM members are getting free EC on KLM I hope that this benefit will also be extended to FB members travelling on Delta when the programme has been rolled out. It would be seriously uncool if we had to pay for it.

Gajan
I know for certain that DL Platinum member does get this seat for free on the day of request. I saw this myself when I was at the lounge and next to me a DL Plat was asking about this for a flight to TPE. It was stated on the screen that Plat (and Diamonds) get this for free on the day of dep.

Cheers!
Old May 4, 2011, 2:16 am

About the first row of Y seats after the Eco Comfort zone.
I was on a 772 last week-end with 15F seat.
After comparing with other Y seats, I would say that you have a little bit more legroom than "normal" Y seats. But I think, if the seat upfront is reclined, you loose this advantage. I don't know about that because the eco comfort zone was quite empty and the purser offered me a Y+ seat as a frequent flyer. And I really enjoyed the extra legroom, for free!
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Your opinion please

I haven't been flying with KLM for decades. In those times flights were crowded and seat's pitch realy small. So I keep bad records in mind.

I'll fly LIM AMS (772)with KLM as LIM CDG is flown by 777 in 3-4-3 configuration.

Flight is in november so I should be able to book my seat in mid-august.
I have some interests in those EC seats.
But at the end of august I'll become FB gold, so this option will be cheaper.

Do you think it worths waiting two weeks to earn some 30€ or is it a risky game ? Thanks for your advices.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by saraoutou
I haven't been flying with KLM for decades. In those times flights were crowded and seat's pitch realy small. So I keep bad records in mind.

I'll fly LIM AMS (772)with KLM as LIM CDG is flown by 777 in 3-4-3 configuration.

Flight is in november so I should be able to book my seat in mid-august.
I have some interests in those EC seats.
But at the end of august I'll become FB gold, so this option will be cheaper.

Do you think it worths waiting two weeks to earn some 30€ or is it a risky game ? Thanks for your advices.
That route has a high rate of overbooking, and thus, a higher rate for upgrades... (that's if you have ST Elite+ status)
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by 31dany
That route has a high rate of overbooking, and thus, a higher rate for upgrades... (that's if you have ST Elite+ status)
@:-)@:-)I don't trust AF/KL upgrades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.