Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 2:48 am

Programs: FB Gold
Well yesterday I could select a seat, although not one in the confort zone. Today I can't select a seat at all and my booking status is 'HK' whatever that means, I'm sure it said confirmed yesterday.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:05 am

Same here - booking status is "HK", but at least i have my "Select seat" option back - However, i still am not able to buy Economy COmfort seats. Called KLM in Amsterdam and was told the same old story: My ticket was issued with NWA, thats why they cannot sell me the Economy Comfort seats - i should try via online check in or with "Manage my Booking" - which should be available "in the next view days" - Whatever this means.

Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:09 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
HK (and TK) Status Codes

I also have just found that most of my upcoming flights are shown as "HK" on klm.com, with some shown as "TK". These include KL eco-short, UX (eco) and AF (short eco & long Alize) flights. So, not wishing to remain ignorant, I did some searching around ... on this website there is a list of Amadeus, Galileo (and other) status codes.

"HK" means "Holding confirmed (if filed as active or passive)"
"TK" means "Confirming - advise passenger new times"

Hope this helps.

-- Henry

PS: I love the "IS" code: "If not sold, sell!"
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: CO Gold
My (un)experience with Economy Comfort so far.

- Booked a SFO-AMS ticket in Sep'09 flying out tomorrow Dec 11
- KLM MD-11 metal
- FB Platinum
- Up until yesterday I couldn't see the new seatmap on the KLM website so I still booked 8C
- No indication of Economy Comfort
- Called up NWA yesterday (since flight is flying out of the US) and was told they couldn't see anything different from what I was seeing on the KLM website
- Called up KLM in the NL at +31204747747 and was told very cordially that I should have called this number up to 48h before the flight to have economy comfort seats assigned. Now it's too late for him to help
- Altough I'm in the 30-hour window of the flight (so the KLM website doesn't show me the seating as changeable any more) I cannot yet check in on NWA that has a 24-hour limit
- If I look at my reservation on klm.com I still see seat 8-C which doesn't exist if there is the new seat plan

First lesson learned: call the KLM NL call center even if you're told to use the US NWA number.

Ciao
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: National Executive, Avis First
Originally Posted by Henry III
I also have just found that most of my upcoming flights are shown as "HK" on klm.com, with some shown as "TK". These include KL eco-short, UX (eco) and AF (short eco & long Alize) flights. So, not wishing to remain ignorant, I did some searching around ... on this website there is a list of Amadeus, Galileo (and other) status codes.

"HK" means "Holding confirmed (if filed as active or passive)"
"TK" means "Confirming - advise passenger new times"

Hope this helps.

-- Henry

PS: I love the "IS" code: "If not sold, sell!"
I see HK as well for booking status.

Is this something i should be concerned about? I called KLM and they confirmed my booking is ok.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:10 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Problems resolved

As there the problem has been resolved, it is possible to book a seat in the CE-zone as from today through MMB. The original date should have been 7 December 2009.

Apparently, only in exceptional circumstances will it be possible to book a seat in the CE-zone through KLM reservations. It is possible to book the seats through 3 different ways:
- Manage My Booking [from 90 days prior to departure];
- On-Line Check-In [from 30/24 hours prior to departure];
- Self-Service Check-In Machines [from 24 hours prior to departure].

Gajan
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:18 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Just reserved seats for my wife and I on a flight to Asia later this month. However, I have not been asked to pay anything, so now I'm worried that they will null my seat reservation. I shouldn't have to pay for mine as I'm plat, but my wife has no status so I was expecting to be asked to pay for her. Maybe they will ask when I do OLCI.

I've just double checked and it definitely shows us as having seats 12E and 12D (74E).
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by Doug_1970
Just reserved seats for my wife and I on a flight to Asia later this month. However, I have not been asked to pay anything, so now I'm worried that they will null my seat reservation. I shouldn't have to pay for mine as I'm plat, but my wife has no status so I was expecting to be asked to pay for her. Maybe they will ask when I do OLCI.

I've just double checked and it definitely shows us as having seats 12E and 12D (74E).
Could be a glitch because you are in the same booking.
I would watch it carefully because they might just move her when they do the flight preparations 48 hours before departure and double check the lists.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by jetfan
Could be a glitch because you are in the same booking.
I would watch it carefully because they might just move her when they do the flight preparations 48 hours before departure and double check the lists.
I think I'll call them tomorrow and see if I can pay over the phone. I've just checked MMB again and it says the following :

Name Seat number Seat type Status

MR XXX X XXXX 12E Economy confirmed
MRS XXXXXX XXXXXXX 12D Economy confirmed

Read more about changing your seat
Your booking You have not booked any seating products

I don't like the phrase 'You have not booked any seating products', sounds like they will void the seat reservations anytime soon.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: FB Gold
I think I'll call them tomorrow and see if I can pay over the phone. I've just checked MMB again and it says the following :

Name Seat number Seat type Status

Read more about changing your seat
Your booking You have not booked any seating products

I don't like the phrase 'You have not booked any seating products', sounds like they will void the seat reservations anytime soon.
Same here… I didn't pay because even though I'm logged in, Economy Comfort price is not reduced for FB Silver as it should. Flight is IAH-AMS, Price € 90/Person…
Old Dec 16, 2009, 3:23 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
The fact that your wife and you have different surnames may upset the system, though.

-- H
Old Dec 16, 2009, 4:55 am

Programs: DL DM, WN A-List, AA Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Flying AMS-SFO later this month. Manage my booking has changed, seat 12J confirmed (first row of 'regular' economy). However, there is no option to select Economy Comfort on the website.

I am especially curious for the price, although I think I will keep the present seat. Just hope the person in front of me doesn't recline all the way and I should be perfect Slim chance though.

Dennis
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:53 am

AMS-YUL I booked two seats in CE zone through MMB this morning, didn't seem to be any problem, selected seats made the payment and then printed off a receipt, and also printed off a new flight itinerary with seat numbers on, "you have not booked any seating products" appears if I access More Seating details?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Henry III
The fact that your wife and you have different surnames may upset the system, though.

-- H
Are you confused why it would make a difference, or why my wife and I have different last names ??
Old Dec 17, 2009, 1:42 pm

I have never flown KLM before, I have the cheapest economy tickets, and I don't even have a KLM account. Somehow, I am able to select the seats in the comfort class zone, and the seating map shows the seats are in "economy class", not "economy comfort". I think the online system is screwed up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.