Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2010, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gajan
EC gives you 10 cm extra recline and double recline. If you ask me, it is worth it (even though I am not that tall - 1.70M).
EC AMS-SFO will cost €120: a 50% discount will be given for FB Gold and other Elite Plus members from the Skyteam alliance.

Gajan
Any ticketed fare class restrictions? For example, if I buy the ticket as a DL codeshare I still can go to the KL website and buy the EC seat?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 2:25 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Any ticketed fare class restrictions? For example, if I buy the ticket as a DL codeshare I still can go to the KL website and buy the EC seat?
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Yes you can, via MMB on KLM's website you can buy the seat.
90 days in advance.
No, it is not true (presuming the situation is the same as the beginning).

For those passengers who get EC free of charge (FB PE / SM DM/PM) it does not matter if you are on the KL code-share or DL code-share.

For passengers who need to pay to get EC, it is only possible to book an EC seat in advance if you are booked on the KL code-share. You can however choose to wait and book the EC seat at the airport. You could always contact Delta and explain the situation and they can change your flight from DLXXX to KLXXX.
That does however have consequences for earning miles.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 2:49 am
Original Poster

It would appear that Delta is also in the process of introducing an "Economy Comfort" product.
First ship (#6303) has been refitted.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 3:20 am

Seatquestions

Hi! I'm flying with Boeing 777-300 from Amsterdam to San Francisco and recently booked two seats for me and my friend in Row 10 J K
I was wondering if anyone have any input on these seats? I did some googling and found something about a metal plate.

Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by inbeforetheboat
Hi! I'm flying with Boeing 777-300 from Amsterdam to San Francisco and recently booked two seats for me and my friend in Row 10 J K
I was wondering if anyone have any input on these seats? I did some googling and found something about a metal plate.

Thanks
Hello,

Welcome to FT!

I have not yet flown the 77W, but if those seats are comparable with the 772 than those seats have a lot of legroom.
The advantage is also that you have nobody reclining into your space.

Gajan
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:40 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Gold, AMEX Gold, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by inbeforetheboat

Thanks
SeatGuru suggests that 9 A B might have more legroom, but I guess they may already be taken?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: FB-LTPE
Originally Posted by flyBHX
SeatGuru suggests that 9 A B might have more legroom, but I guess they may already be taken?
They are blocked and become available upon OLCI (if not assigned to others, those with babies and so on prior to OLCI).
Old Jan 29, 2011, 1:28 am

Hello,

Welcome to FT!

I have not yet flown the 77W, but if those seats are comparable with the 772 than those seats have a lot of legroom.
The advantage is also that you have nobody reclining into your space.

Gajan
Thank you Gajan! I hope so, I'm 6.3 tall so I need my space, especially when I'm flying for such a long time.
Row 9 was not available on KLM's homepage - but it was on their App for Iphone haha.. but I tried to book those seats but received some error.
Guess they perhaps become available upon OLCI
Old Feb 1, 2011, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Price increase

As per 01/02/2011 KLM has increased the price for several destinations.
Economy Comfort must be a success for them!
Old Feb 8, 2011, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Delta has launched their own Economy Comfort

For the news on the DL forum or the DL press release.

Pretty much the same as KL EC, except DM/PM members may bring up to 8 people free of charge!
(+ free booze and HBO).

There is no information yet if DL EC comfort will be available free of charge for FB PE and if FB Gold/Silver will receive the discount as well.

Last edited by Gajan; Feb 8, 2011 at 6:42 am
Old Feb 8, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
For the news on the DL forum or the DL press release.

Pretty much the same as KL EC, except DM/PM members may bring up to 8 people free of charge!
(+ free booze and HBO).

There is no information yet if DL EC comfort will be available free of charge for FB PE and if FB Gold/Silver will receive the discount as well.
Don't you get free alcohol/AVOD on DL TATL flights? Then I'm going to make sure I'll never book a KL codeshare with DL!

PS EC on DL also features in-flight power supply
Old Feb 8, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: DL FO
On DL TATL flights, you have free beer and wine, but you have to pay for spirits.
About the discount for FB Silver and Gold, I think it will be the same as DL FO and GM for KL's Y+.

About AVOD, it depends on the plane. If you book on DL metal, check DL.com as you will see if it is a shared or personal TV.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Hello

I am currently pre seated in row 15 of a KLM 777/200. It is the first row after EC. since EC seats have more recline does that mean that row 15 is a kind of hybrid row with more leg room and standard eco recline or row 14 has the standard economy recline?

thanks for your help
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pauillac
Hello

I am currently pre seated in row 15 of a KLM 777/200. It is the first row after EC. since EC seats have more recline does that mean that row 15 is a kind of hybrid row with more leg room and standard eco recline or row 14 has the standard economy recline?

thanks for your help
I think it has slightly more legroom to compensate for recline based on my observations. As I have not sat in row 15 I am not 100% sure.

Gajan

PS. As your profile says you are PE you can get EC free of charge unless you have selected this seat specially because you are travelling with non-PE companion(s).
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
I think it has slightly more legroom to compensate for recline based on my observations. As I have not sat in row 15 I am not 100% sure.

Gajan

PS. As your profile says you are PE you can get EC free of charge unless you have selected this seat specially because you are travelling with non-PE companion(s).
thanks

yes i am travelling with a non PE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.