FAQ 3A2 - KLM Aircraft and Seating Questions

Old Jun 5, 07, 10:03 am

Programs: One World Emerald; Star Alliance Gold; KLM Platinum
Will the seat configuration (layout) remain the same after installation of new biz sets on 747 fleet ? - and if changed, which window seat to select ??
I know pro and con for every single upper deck window seat with nice old biz seats, but so far never experience the new biz seat on 747 - only on 777 to SIN and CPT from AMS and it is difinitely a huge step backwards
Old Jun 5, 07, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Uldall View Post
Will the seat configuration (layout) remain the same after installation of new biz sets on 747 fleet ?
Yes, the layout remains unchanged.

Johan
Old Jun 17, 07, 7:50 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
Europe select?

Hi

can any one please confirm to me if seat 4A on KL1088 ( MAN to AMS) acft
B737-400 and
KL1801 from (AMS to MUNICH) acft Fokker 100, are KLM Europe Select seats ?

many thanks
Old Jun 17, 07, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could be either, because the class divider in both types of aircraft is movable.

Johan
Old Jun 19, 07, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold A3 Gold IB Plata
I see this FAQ is getting a bit long in the tooth due to the recent downgrade of seating on MD11, 744, and some 737 aircraft.

Would one of our brave and daring members like to take a stab at summarizing the new information so it can be added to the original posts?
Old Jun 24, 07, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
How do I View Seats Taken and still Open on my flights?

Not sure whether to ask this here or in the main KLM forum - but is there any way of looking at the current status of seats filled / reserved on a seating chart of one's KLM flights?

I accessed my upcoming itinerary on KLM.com - but it says that I can't do anything except look at my flight itinerary. Is that just the way it is with KLM?

Also, for my flights KLM / Northwest keep on insisting on calling me a Worldperks Silver Elite - I am gold elite and it shows up correctly on everything but my KLM flights.
Old Jun 24, 07, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by GrizShel View Post
Not sure whether to ask this here or in the main KLM forum - but is there any way of looking at the current status of seats filled / reserved on a seating chart of one's KLM flights?

I accessed my upcoming itinerary on KLM.com - but it says that I can't do anything except look at my flight itinerary. Is that just the way it is with KLM?

Also, for my flights KLM / Northwest keep on insisting on calling me a Worldperks Silver Elite - I am gold elite and it shows up correctly on everything but my KLM flights.
1. If you have KVS Platinum membership, you can access KLM seatmaps for Economy class via Worldspan.

2. Call Air France Reservations, give them your KLM confirmation number, and have them remove and re-add your WorldPerks number. NWA agents can do this too - but ONLY give them your KLM PNR, or else they won't bother to do what you're asking.
Old Jul 30, 07, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
I just read on the KLM website that they going to start using the refurbished 747-400's. [/url]
Does anyone know the timescale for the 744 updates? I'm booking AMS-SFO for May 2008, is it likely to be completed by then?
Old Sep 21, 07, 5:45 am

On the A330 for row 1 is the proximity to the lavatory bothersome?
Any other suggestions?
Old Jan 17, 08, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Which KLM 777-200 row has more legroom, row 10 or row 30-31 ?
Old Jan 29, 08, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
For those seated in the back cabin of the 332s, avoid the bulkhead row (10). There may be cutouts for your feet but they're still very limited. The middle aisle seats (11D and G?) on row 11 are nice as you can stretch your feet. Exit row 29 (or is it 28?) has a lot of room if you can get them.
Old Feb 13, 08, 9:06 pm

Hello guys.

Can any of your tell me what are the seat configuration on KLM's newly delivered Boeing B773ER PH-BVA.

First - ?
Business : 2-2 ?
Economy : 3-3-3 or 3-4-3 ?
Old Feb 14, 08, 1:14 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
WBC: 2-3-2
Economy: 3-4-3
"Premium Economy" ??? (if it even comes)
Old Feb 19, 08, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question MD-11/A330 Questions

I just snagged 7H on MD-11 metal and 11D on A330. What are your thoughts on these seats?

I know that NW offers in-seat power aboard A330s. Does KLM offer the same benefit? I checked Seat Guru, and I'm never quite sure whether it's been updated or not. Anyone been on these aircrafts recently--and perhaps even in these seats? Has the entertainment system aboard the MD-11 been updated (i.e., PTVs and VOD)? Sorry for the newbie questions. I haven't been on KLM metal in a LONG time.
Old Mar 2, 08, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Flying KLM AMS-SIN-AMS on 772 in June, so at the 90-day window we'll be requesting seats. Does KLM block all exit and bulkhead seats until Check-in, or can Platinums pre-assign Rows 10 or 30/31, like we can for Row 11D/E on 744s?
I'm not optimistic, but you never know... it's a dreaded 12-13 hour flight, so we're trying to make it more bearable.
Thanks!

Search this Thread