Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by maastrichtmouse
Priority check in was empty. I had (mistakenly) thought I had access to priority security with silver status, but no. In the end, all three security lines were empty.
If you go up the stairs from the SkyPrio checkin area, I thought there was no further eligibility check for the security line?
Old May 12, 2022, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by maastrichtmouse
I don't know why you can't get a boarding pass, but it's not likely to be to do with documentation. There's no documentation for the UK anymore. I flew to Manchester Tuesday and could get my boarding pass in the KLM app without problem.

Departures 2 security was deserted when I went through at about 1945 on Tuesday evening. Priority check in was empty. I had (mistakenly) thought I had access to priority security with silver status, but no. In the end, all three security lines were empty. Passport control likewise.
Thank you for your reply, gave the PSL a call and now it's possible, I was told that something was wrong with my reservation and that he fixed it for me
Old May 12, 2022, 10:31 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Was at the airport today around midday, Skypriority lane (in Hall 2) was OK'ish. Maybe a 15-20 mins wait from entering the area to collecting the bag. Privium lane was empty (and first time seeing someone use it, I felt it was quite badly done - as the person joins the line from SP, and that seems akward as it depends how the person you are trying to slot into would react).
Non-status eligible pax seems to be snaking around and there's still crowd control measures to limit number of pax going up to the security check area.

Lounge was busy, but cleared out soon.

Cheers!
Old May 12, 2022, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tuesday ±1.30 - 2.30 p.m.

- Schengen arrivals was a breeze. Airside fairly busy, like a normal pre-pandemic day.

- Schengen to non-Schengen immigrations very quiet, but all the automatic biometric passport gates were closed, and only one manned checkpoint open. Only four or five pax in line.

- CrownLounge 25 very busy, but there were still seats available here and there. Former smoking lounge closed.

- Entrance F to T2 departures closed.

- KL T2 check-in not really busy.

- all the security access routes to T2 security accessible and the gates were working, including SP and Privium.

- the line for regular security was about two zigs and two zags long.

- came across some interesting signs airside.

Johan
Old May 13, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I was hoping the situation would have calmed down by now. I'm starting to think, arrive way early for my flight next Friday evening.

Originally Posted by johan rebel

Johan

Those signs have been there for a long time. At least pre-pandemic.
Old May 13, 2022, 3:16 am

I just came through (non-schengen) security 30 minutes ago. Staff say it will get busier as the day goes on.

Sky Priority (not Previum)
- 5 minutes (just under) to get through the queue at security (Previum queue was empty and could bypass Sky Priority)
- 10 minutes to get through the queue for passports (EU automatic passport gates)
- Lounge 52 is busy but easy to find seats.
Old May 13, 2022, 6:08 am

[QUOTE=maastrichtmouse;34243331]I don't know why you can't get a boarding pass, but it's not likely to be to do with documentation. There's no documentation for the UK anymore. I flew to Manchester Tuesday and could get my boarding pass in the KLM app without problem.

Departures 2 security was deserted when I went through at about 1945 on Tuesday evening. Priority check in was empty. I had (mistakenly) thought I had access to priority security with silver status, but no. In the end, all three security lines were empty. Passport control likewise.[/QU
i wasn't able to get a mobile boarding pass either for my upcoming multi segment run GVA-FRA-AMS.
Filled in KL's readytofly service and received an all clear after only a few minutes by email and got my mobile boarding pass eventually.
Random checks or have i missed something and is Germany still strict with Covid measures?
Old May 13, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by johan rebel
those signs have been there for a while. Especially the "transfer to China" signs have been there at least since last year.
Old May 13, 2022, 8:14 am

An update about this afternoon (13 May), fairly busy but not for SP:
- 14:15: Arrived at Schiphol by train
- 14:20 No queue at the SP check-in counters
- 14:25 Started queuing for security, non-Schengen, took 15min max. Non-SP passengers have a much longer queue, can't estimate their queuing time.
- 14:40 KMar queue, took 15min max.
- 14:55 KLM lounge 52
Old May 13, 2022, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Escape
An update about this afternoon (13 May), fairly busy but not for SP:
- 14:15: Arrived at Schiphol by train
- 14:20 No queue at the SP check-in counters
- 14:25 Started queuing for security, non-Schengen, took 15min max. Non-SP passengers have a much longer queue, can't estimate their queuing time.
- 14:40 KMar queue, took 15min max.
- 14:55 KLM lounge 52
15 mins queuing for SP is still pretty dismal
Old May 14, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by AnaTFN
They might not.... but I am, landing in AMS on May 23. Also flying May14, out of AMS.
I'll let you all know how messy that gets
May 14 here:
I saw the demonstrations outside the airport when coming from the train. They were outside where the taxis and the busses, but zero impact on the terminal activities.
The bad surprise was a double zig-zag line to get to the sky priority check in area, with staff monitoring the entry to the zig-zag and then letting people one by one into the check in area (see picture). The stairs to SP security were open this time, to my relief after last time i had to line up for 1,5 hours around the airport. Line upstairs was moving very slow because only two security machines were operating. In total it was about 30 minutes from arriving to the sky priority check in area zig-zags to making past security. Not too bad, but definitely slower than before this April-May madness.

Old May 14, 2022, 5:01 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
There was a line for SP check in, but the check-in desks in the background seem to be idle without pax. The line was basically to get onto the escalator up to priority security?
Old May 14, 2022, 5:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by AnaTFN
May 14 here:
I saw the demonstrations outside the airport when coming from the train. They were outside where the taxis and the busses, but zero impact on the terminal activities.
Thanks for the update!
glad to see access to the terminal is not obstructed

Bit off topic:
NIMBY's offering the solution into trimming down the non essential flights from Schiphol (asap or starting summervacations) https://nos.nl/artikel/2428784-omwon...-met-de-wereld and https://toekomstluchtvaart.nl/Select..._Schiphol.html

Last edited by HadesNL; May 14, 2022 at 7:08 am
Old May 14, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Not only security is short staffed. Privium Clublounge West is closed citing lack of personell!
Old May 14, 2022, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HadesNL
NIMBY's offering the solution into trimming down the non essential flights from Schiphol
I'm very pleased to learn that all those flights between Amsterdam and Upington have been classified as nonessential. Can't understand why they were not outlawed long ago, flying there is prima facie evidence of enviro-criminal intent.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.