Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yesterday was a pleasant day in Holland, so I can't have been the weather, but KLM was plagued by delays from the get-go early morning until the last flight of the evening, which landed 36 minutes late in Newcastle. Something like ±75% of departures were delayed. So far, it doesn't seem as if things are going much better today.

Sunday morning:

Monday morning:

Johan
Old May 23, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: FB Plat
Today I got my Privium membership, and the staff confirmed that (a) they have had a wave of new membership requests since April, and (b) that sky priority is not always open but a hit or miss depending on the day. I've had some hit days and some miss days...
The airside (departures) Privium ClubLounge only had 2 people + me.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Is departures 3 as bad as departures 2?
Old May 23, 2022, 8:39 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Here is the state of the security line as we speak.

Old May 23, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Mother of god. They should just shut the place down.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:30 am

Bloody hell,Schiphol your preferred Airport

On most days the queues start to develop at around 10.00 till roughly 1600 and clear soon after.

Surely the Schiphol Group can act on this in some way but apparently not.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gulbra
Here is the state of the security line as we speak.
They must have thought long and hard about where to place that Privium ad!

Johan
Old May 23, 2022, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In other cheerful news, cabin crew union VNC is threatening industrial action from 12 noon on June 10th if KLC doesn't improve Cabin Supervisor pay and perks.

Johan
Old May 23, 2022, 9:35 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Here is the queue for the transfer desk, stretching back half way to the B gates.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
In other cheerful news, cabin crew union VNC is threatening industrial action from 12 noon on June 10th if KLC doesn't improve Cabin Supervisor pay and perks.

Johan
Lovely jubbly,at last some good news
Old May 23, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
So I am at ARN on itinerary ARN-AMS-BKK. The flight to AMS was announced delayed by an hour and 5 minutes and shortly after that I received email about my reservation change putting me on ARN-CDG-BKK tomorrow. Hell no I am flying angled flat for a two day Bangkok trip. So I called lovely Czech office and they could have put me on Finnair, too late for SK/OS via CPH/VIE and TK not seen. Other option Finnair which I have never tried but still, KLM is love of my life so I wanted to stay on Sky Team somehow, except AF. Boy was I happy at the first sigh, thinking I am flying via Tokyo or maybe even Vietnam Airlines long haul )) Thinking of getting something exotic I went out of the lounge to speak to check in agent only to find out = you are rebooked and that is done. She told me she can not touch the ticket nor do anything about it. So back to calling but line busy. Meanwhile I went to desk again got to speak to supervisor. This was the worst person I have met across my travels after 1032 completed flights. Absolutely arrogant, zero help but somehow her colleague behind her back screamed out that I can fly on Finnair tonight. So now they can touch the ticket Absolutely unhelpful check in staff. I had in mind getting just to AMS and fly tomorrow to BKK, but was not possible as nobody who will not make their connection tonight can fly. So guys to even European destinations are stuck here.

BTW reason for flight delay was "very bad passenger traffic situation" at AMS causing the flight depart late.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gulbra
Here is the queue for the transfer desk, stretching back half way to the B gates.
I thought at least check in and transfer would work...
Old May 23, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Until the airlines stop flying to AMS what are passengers going to do?
In my case, and that of some of my friends: fly less. It is not worth it to spend 3 hours in a security queue for just a long weekend away. Thanks to Covid we have gotten used to having a good time closer to home, so until Schiphol get their act together we will just continue our Covid routines.
Old May 23, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sjoerd
In my case, and that of some of my friends: fly less.
Great, but not an option if you commute to AMS.

Johan
Old May 23, 2022, 10:36 am

I have a Schengen flight on KLM cityhopper tomorrow at 17:00, how early should I get to Schiphol? I was planning on two hours in advance (which is still early by my standards; normally I aim for around 1.5h), so at 15:00, but seeing Gulbra's post has scared me somewhat--that looks like even 2h wouldn't be enough. Or is the situation at departures 1 not as bad as departures 2-3?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.