Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by b12e
they were expecting 120k departing pax so apparently not.
So that's a bit over a third of the total number of pax expected Saturday & Sunday. Unless the airport counts transfer pax twice, like the airlines do. Then the proportion of departing pax rises.

From Luchtvaartnieuws:

"Het is vooral druk in de aankomsthallen met mensen van wie de vakantie er weer opzit."

Johan
Old May 7, 2022, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Passengers who are in the Q outside the terminal, may now enjoy comfortably waiting under an awning
Wow!

Do they provide a luxury SkyPriority awning?

A Privium awning with F&B and airco?

Johan
Old May 7, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Wow!

Do they provide a luxury SkyPriority awning?

A Privium awning with F&B and airco?

Johan
Privium can make use of the superextra overpriced exclusive parking garage with it's own entry into the terminal, or is that gone as well?

Must admit, never used any privium parking... except valet, once, to burn a voucher I got when first registering. Other than that I've only used P3 about twice, but that was not Privium section either. Once you are doing distant long-term parking, why pay extra to be 20m closer to the bus stop?
Old May 7, 2022, 10:21 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Doesn’t Privium offer (close to) P1 parking, ie no bus needed? Some of my colleagues travelling to the airport by car believe that it’s often cheaper than regular options. They may be booking last minute though.

Passed through the airport last night (9PM) and it was absolutely deserted. This morning at 05:15 not quite so, though no issues. The check in area was definitely not as empty as you’d expect on this day/time.

- Access to terminal unrestricted
- Many pax roaming Departures 1/2
- Skypriority check in reasonably crowded (3-4 pax per desk queue). I used a kiosk (HBO).
- Security upstairs from the check in only 2 checkpoints open. No specific Priority checkpoint. About 25 economy pax queued and about 5 Skypriority
- Security check took much longer than normal. Hardly any bags going to secondary but they were taking ~60 seconds per bag. It felt like they were being purposefully slow.
- From arrival to lounge was about 30 minutes
- Lounge opens before 6 again, likely at 5AM

So no problems, however… it took unreasonably long to go through security. No wonder such huge lines start forming if this is the new way of doing things.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Update: Sunday 8 May 08.20

Can report:
- no Q entering T3 from car drop off point
- average busy at T3 United checkin counters
- some lines at T3 security / passport control but moving
- T3 Aspire lounge busy but not a zoo yet
Old May 8, 2022, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Doesn’t Privium offer (close to) P1 parking, ie no bus needed? Some of my colleagues travelling to the airport by car believe that it’s often cheaper than regular options. They may be booking last minute though.
There is Privium section in P1, which cost exactly the same as non-Privium P1, and there is Privium Excellence which is more expensive. The valet options cost exactly the same.

I suppose P3 is dynamic pricing with advance reservation. Currently it looks like P3 in a reasonably close future is cheaper with Privium than not. But when I actually used it, it was definitely a couple euros more.

In any case the official parking rarely makes any sort of sense. For long term, you have any number of alternatives to P3 dotted around the airport, and for short term, either P+R in Hoofddorp works fine (especially for same-day returns) or P+R Nieuw Vennep although admittedly that takes some time to get to the airport. But still fine if you have no reasonable train connection for like an early departure and don't feel like getting a taxi.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Update 8 May at 10:20 (Schengen)
  • Privium security very fast (6 ppl in front of me)
  • SkyPriority security a bit busier, but not insane (my guesstimate would be wait time 20 min max). Privium, Priority, and regular security lanes were separated, and the separation was policed by a very attentive staff
  • Schengen Crown Lounge very busy (but possible to find seats). Food and drink options extremely limited
[EDIT: did not check in any bags, but SP check-in area was empty]

Last edited by ok986; May 8, 2022 at 7:40 am Reason: added info about security checks
Old May 9, 2022, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by ok986
Update 8 May at 10:20 (Schengen)
  • Privium security very fast (6 ppl in front of me)
  • SkyPriority security a bit busier, but not insane (my guesstimate would be wait time 20 min max). Privium, Priority, and regular security lanes were separated, and the separation was policed by a very attentive staff
  • Schengen Crown Lounge very busy (but possible to find seats). Food and drink options extremely limited
[EDIT: did not check in any bags, but SP check-in area was empty]
johan rebel your prayers might be getting answered!
Old May 9, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Just went through departures 3 and can confirm that priority and privium were separated from the rest. Waving my Privium pass got the attention of the staff and I was shuttled through and past the non-priority queues (which was very very long). Security just a few people in front and was through very quickly. They seemed to be much more attentive about spotting people with Privium and getting them through to the priority lane.
Old May 9, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
Just went through departures 3 and can confirm that priority and privium were separated from the rest. Waving my Privium pass got the attention of the staff and I was shuttled through and past the non-priority queues (which was very very long). Security just a few people in front and was through very quickly. They seemed to be much more attentive about spotting people with Privium and getting them through to the priority lane.
And how attentive are they with non-Privium passengers with frequent flyer status (other than Flying Blue)?
Old May 9, 2022, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Great_circle
And how attentive are they with non-Privium passengers with frequent flyer status (other than Flying Blue)?
When i flew LH and OS on a few J tickets there was a fast lane but unmanned.Had to to join regular pax.Wasn't a big deal as it was quiet.That was before i became a Privium member.To be fair that was a few months ago.However the overall impression of AMS of late is not good,not good at all.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Great_circle
a couple of passengers in the priority lane were flying business with Emirates, no Privium, but not sure every business class passenger got into the priority lane. At least at EK check in no mention was made of any fast track for priority passengers.
Old May 10, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
This morning 10-5 at around 8:15 am, T1:
- could go directly to priority
- there was a separate Privium lane but that merged with priority after a low-level gate -> only if priority is flooded, this gives Privium some advantage
- maybe 20 people in front of me
- made it in 20-25 minutes from train to Schengen lounge.

No priority was snaking a few times and looked like a 45 min wait
Old May 12, 2022, 5:52 am

Unfortunately it's not possible to check-in online for a flight tomorrow (AMS-LCY), I only need a boarding pass, no luggage to drop-off. Was hoping to do this to by-pass unnecessary queues. Hopefully Schiphol will not be too busy tomorrow. I was surprised that I'm not able to check-in online, or are they still checking Covid documents for travelling to the UK? Haven't been there in a while.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurostar, Miles&Smiles
I don't know why you can't get a boarding pass, but it's not likely to be to do with documentation. There's no documentation for the UK anymore. I flew to Manchester Tuesday and could get my boarding pass in the KLM app without problem.

Departures 2 security was deserted when I went through at about 1945 on Tuesday evening. Priority check in was empty. I had (mistakenly) thought I had access to priority security with silver status, but no. In the end, all three security lines were empty. Passport control likewise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.