Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Catering updates 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by physicsdude
Same, but they also do it for clout, exposure, and possibly get people to go to their restaurants.
Well, close-up views of many dozen Wonderful Wanders Boxes have failed to convince me that I should hire the guy to redecorate my home. Same goes for signature J class longhaul meals, none of which has ever left me with an irresistible desire to visit the creator's restaurant.

Johan
f0zzyNUE, mlin32, Fabo.sk and 7 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Are the part of the standard handouts irrespective of time of day? I was only handed this once during breakfast service, but I did see on another flight (in Y) that these were also handed out during a late evening flight in EBC.
Yes - I do like these drinks.

Cheers!
Digicola Yes, I also like these drinks. Usually. The Air France "celery and mint" detox was a little bit too much, but carrot is always great! Really hope they still have that "casual carrot" for my KRK run next week.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Are these supposed to be the catering from the 3 Michelin Star Librije restaurant? If yes, very very underwhelming and in fact - quite a negative impression to the place/cook.

Cheers!
No these meals designed by a top chef are only on flights from AMS.. On a different note; on flights from AMS, the vegetarian dish which was not well received at all by passengers and crew has been replaced on short notice to change meal choice y a Asian rice table offering ( in the delft blue china bowls.)
The current starter a kind of vegatarian tartelet has an additional salmon slices on the side since monday june 13th.
Crew had a hard time to sell all these vega options to passengers and have been complaining for months. so did the passengers ...
A pricey solution to change meal choice during a meal cyclus . I guess they listened finally a bit to their crew/frontline staff and their passengers...
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by splflyer
Crew had a hard time to sell all these vega options to passengers
If the result was that a lot of food went to waste, then KLM was hardly doing the environment any favors here.

I guess they listened finally a bit to their crew/frontline staff and their passengers...
Amazing!

I know KLM is desperate to earn ESG brownie points, but guess what? The vast majority of their flying customers in all likelihood don't belong to the (woke) crowd that thinks about nothing else.

Going vegan is just a way of making your life difficult for no good reason, but I have nothing against vegetarian food. However, I resent having it imposed on me, especially when it's only for the purpose of burnishing "green" credentials.

Now let's hope Ms. Van Streun stays awake long enough to do something about the crappy gloop that passes for shorthaul J catering.

Johan
Goldorak and Netherlines like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
You’d think they’d trial out their meals (on a wide spread of destinations) before expanding them to the whole network.

I recall reading Virgin Atlantic trials out their meals on routes out of MAN before rolling them out to LHR/LGW.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Digicola Yes, I also like these drinks. Usually. The Air France "celery and mint" detox was a little bit too much, but carrot is always great! Really hope they still have that "casual carrot" for my KRK run next week.
I think routes over 1h have the expanded menu. I would have liked it if they tried out something like açai and mixed berries instead of mixing all these sweet and less sweet options.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Digicola
I would have liked it if they tried out something like açai and mixed berries
Will probably cost them €0.01 more per bottle.

Johan
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Will probably cost them €0.01 more per bottle.

Johan
And 50€ more for us to justify them going « upmarket »
johan rebel likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I found the catering on last night's flights FRA-AMS and AMS-BOD really quite good. First flight had the taboulé option with pomegranate seeds. The second one had a pasta dish with parmesan, pesto, smoked salmon and a side dish of olives and tomatoes. I was surprised, was expecting something along the lines of the Waldorf salad.
johan rebel, hhdl and Netherlines like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Concerto
I found the catering on last night's flights FRA-AMS and AMS-BOD really quite good. First flight had the taboulé option with pomegranate seeds. The second one had a pasta dish with parmesan, pesto, smoked salmon and a side dish of olives and tomatoes. I was surprised, was expecting something along the lines of the Waldorf salad.
I absolutely did not like the "middle eastern" taboule salad - the falafel and the hummus as well as their "taboule interpretation" are an insult to middle eastern food culture. it would be time to replace the awful options currently served. as for the pasta salad - I just tried one spoon full and had enough.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:03 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I was served this breakfast from AMS. It looks semi reasonable until you realise that:

- The yoghurt/cereals cannot be mixed together as either of the two containers would overflow and create a mess. Separately they are inedible (unflavoured yoghurt, dry oats).
- The fruit is mainly sour apple and a few pieces orange. Very basic and fully out of season.
- The eggs was more like a mayonaise onion dip than anything else. Without bread not to my liking.
- The cutlery feels like it will get you a splinter ..

Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
LCY-AMS this morning (20 june): just water available and a 'cocosmacroon'. Maybe since it was a morning flight, but before you had at least soft drinks, wine or beer. And on a DL flight I found they also now have wooden cutlery....
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Xandrios
- The cutlery feels like it will get you a splinter ..
Seen this at an Albert Heijn the other day. Maybe they should open some pop-up shops in AMS for J pax.

Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Seen this at an Albert Heijn the other day. Maybe they should open some pop-up shops in AMS for J pax.

Johan
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the vegetarian dish which was not well received at all by passengers and crew has been replaced on short notice

Holland Herald is behind the times.

Johan
physicsdude likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.