Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Catering updates 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:34 am

Is KLM currently offering special meals on long haul flights? We are flying AUS-AMS in economy in July and do not see a way to select special meals on the website.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:03 am
Original Member

So true--had to laugh; was visiting KPN (telecom company) 20-ish years ago....lunch brought into the conference room was cheese sandwiches and a pitcher of milk.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
That is good! Klm does not even offer milk.
hhdl likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlin32
I like how KLM insists on its wooden Greta cutlery to reduce plastic, and then uses plastic coverings on all the food dishes......

Plastic? Plastic? Did somebody say plastic?

The two pax across the aisle in row 1 were up in arms about the Greta implements.

Today's special was carrot juice.

I wonder how long the flight has to be to qualify for a tasty samosa?
Arpoador and b12e like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by johan rebel

I wonder how long the flight has to be to qualify for a tasty samosa?
no no you've got that all wrong Johan - it's a "delicious" samosa. Nobody said it'd have any taste, nor be tasty.
johan rebel and westi2002 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:03 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
I have done 10 KL EBC flights since the «Extra serving» was introduced and i have gotten nothing but the «Healthy drink”. I am starting to wonder if the others actually exist.
b12e likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Gulbra
I have done 10 KL EBC flights since the «Extra serving» was introduced and i have gotten nothing but the «Healthy drink”. I am starting to wonder if the others actually exist.
I was lucky enough to get the foccacia - warm and all - on either CPH->AMS or AMS->VLC 2 weeks ago. Can't remember which one it was. Both KLC flights.

It was pretty good too, I might add.
Arpoador likes this.

Last edited by b12e; Apr 21, 2022 at 1:19 pm
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by b12e
no no you've got that all wrong Johan - it's a "delicious" samosa. Nobody said it'd have any taste, nor be tasty.
Their use of adjectives is actually quite spot-on.
The pies are indeed tasty (the choice of taste being of course debatable).
The cinnamon bun is so bland it couldn’t make it to « tasty » or « delicious » categories, nor deserve its own adjective.

This menu is lawsuit-proof !
johan rebel, Arpoador and b12e like this.

Last edited by maalloc; Apr 21, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was lucky enough to get the foccacia - warm and all - on either CPH->AMS or AMS->VLC 2 weeks ago.
Maybe it depends on time of day, not distance or block time? This morning's flight was from Stockholm, which lengthwise falls between the two you mention.

Johan
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:25 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
I was lucky enough to get the foccacia - warm and all - on either CPH->AMS or AMS->VLC 2 weeks ago. Can't remember which one it was. Both KLC flights.

It was pretty good too, I might add.
Thank you for confirming their existence. Was it served proactively or did you have to ask for it?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Maybe it depends on time of day, not distance or block time? This morning's flight was from Stockholm, which lengthwise falls between the two you mention.

Johan
might be the case. I think it was the 2pm KL1503 which had the foccacia (and pasta pesto). Thinking about it, the 9.30am Copenhagen flight was the pancake, which I skipped, in favor of eating at the Privium lounge later that morning as I had a 3 hour layover.

Originally Posted by Gulbra
Thank you for confirming their existence. Was it served proactively or did you have to ask for it?
​​​​​​They just served it proactively about 1h45min into the flight.

I should have taken a picture - I too would find it hard to believe from an internet stranger these elusive extra servings exist.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:07 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
What are the offerings like nowadays in Y on longer EUR sectors like ATH?
Indeed it’s the same cheese sandwich you get on shorter flights with an additional, though miniscule, ‘brownie’. Meager.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 8:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jamiel
So true--had to laugh; was visiting KPN (telecom company) 20-ish years ago....lunch brought into the conference room was cheese sandwiches and a pitcher of milk.
Haha that's very typical indeed. KPN used to be a government entity and therefore many of their long time employees are still of the..traditional kind. In fact that's the case with many telco's around western Europe.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:57 am

Got the mythical samosa on a flight from OTP to AMS on Tuesday. Hot, wrapped in plastic. Not the worst thing I've eaten, but thick on the crust, very heavy and rather meh. Definitely not business class food.
johan rebel likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Last Thursday the famous Samosa on LIS-AMS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.