Search

Catering updates 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 9:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Klc trf-ams

I present you all the Tabouleh salad.

The wander boxes seem to have received a facelift and there is now a new menu. Unfortunately, the cutlery is still Gretha certified

In addition to the salad, there is now an “Extra serving”. I was seemingly out of luck and was presented with the “healthy drink”.

Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by Gulbra
I present you all the Tabouleh salad.

The wander boxes seem to have received a facelift and there is now a new menu. Unfortunately, the cutlery is still Gretha certified

In addition to the salad, there is now an “Extra serving”. I was seemingly out of luck and was presented with the “healthy drink”.
I'm not sure yet this is an upgrade over the caesar salad or not. The "extra serving" is an upgrade, but not the "healthy drink".

I hate how KLM is trying to push the "healthy, vegetarian lifestyle". Just name it "cost savings" and be done with it. My next KL flights within EU in J are next week, curious what the wander box variants to thisone are.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by b12e
I hate how KLM is trying to push the "healthy, vegetarian lifestyle". Just name it "cost savings" and be done with it.
It so happens that I'm all in favor of healthy food, and although not a strict vegetarian, I'm very picky about meat. It does not follow that I want ideologically motivated culinary choices imposed on by KLM, or anybody else.

A "healthy drink" as an "extra service"? Here's a bright idea: how about just offering pax any drink of their choice from the bar menu?

Johan
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
It so happens that I'm all in favor of healthy food, and although not a strict vegetarian, I'm very picky about meat. It does not follow that I want ideologically motivated culinary choices imposed on by KLM, or anybody else.
And you have every right. But do they really have to push it? Give an option: healthy veg or normal meat/chicken option.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And you have every right. But do they really have to push it?
No, they do not, and they should not.

As I wrote, I do not mind healthy food, I even prefer it, given a choice. I do not want KLM (or any other airline) to impose it on me just because they want to virtue signal to Greta and her ilk. Those people refuse to get on a plane anyway, so who cares what they want me to eat, or not eat.

Johan
Carel1, Solevita, Arpoador and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
And you have every right. But do they really have to push it? Give an option: healthy veg or normal meat/chicken option.
Totally agree
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:51 am

The Marcel cardboard box and Greta cutlery is all sustainability bogus. It is about cost and nothing else. KL is presenting this cardboard trash on short and long EU flights (sometimes along with a piece of junk food). Calling this "premium" is a joke and unfortunately, KL is nothing but Transavia in blue anymore

For comparison, this is what AF offered a week ago short haul to CDG (which includes also AMS_CDG) ..... Compared to the massive waste producing KL catering, AF's reusable table- and silverware is much more environmentally friendly - and it of course tastes much better
Needless to say that the bread was served warm, straight from the oven (2 rounds). The one oven installed in the A220 front galley does the job;-))

Can anyone please enlighten me how and why the Marcel box stuff, especially with the plastic being used, can be more environmentally friendly than crockery & metal cutlery used for dozens, if not hundreds of cycles ????
If KL's Wanders boxes along with Greta cutlery are SOOO environmentally friendly, why are we all still using porcelain and metal cutlery at home? And not cardboard plates and wooden knives???
And: what happened to KL's table- and silverware? Did they sell it off on eBay during 2020/21? If it is still around, why are they not using it?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by feederflight
AF's reusable table- and silverware is much more environmentally friendly - and it of course tastes much better
Greta's cutlery tastes distinctly of wood - I wonder why?

I've had numerous conversations with KL pursers about the shorthaul J catering, and they all agree that it's beyond embarrassing.

This truly is a textbook example of greenwashing.

Johan
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Here is another one, b12e

b12e likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:05 pm

Seems like KL got a very good deal on salmon. If it's not Greta food, it's salmon.

But it does beat the "mexican salad" wander box. I'd accept it - looks edible, and it has chocolate mousse ❤️

Last edited by b12e; Apr 2, 2022 at 3:12 pm Reason: edit - <3
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

This is the new overnight box, or perhaps one of a few.

Maestro Ramen and b12e like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: FB Gold
I like how KLM insists on its wooden Greta cutlery to reduce plastic, and then uses plastic coverings on all the food dishes......
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The salmon thing a couple of posts up looks quite good. What city pair was that?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: FB
Salmon and parmesan cheese? Eresia! I kinda assumed the Caesar salad was deployed because Mexico recalled its ambassador over the "Mexican salad" and they needed a face-saving gesture, and someone pointed out that, technically, the Caesar salad originated in Mexico.

But now a "pasta salad" that mixes fish and parmesan, and an "American pancake" with jam instead of syrup? In-appropriate again, Marcy!
johan rebel and feederflight like this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
The salmon thing a couple of posts up looks quite good. What city pair was that?
AMS-KRK. I also reacted to the salmon and parmigiano combo. However, i did enjoy it and it was certainly refreshing with something new.
BubbaX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.