Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First new security filter operational at AMS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
The rules for liquids are still in place.
Just got a reply from Privium to my latest e-mail about security.

- New scanners have been tested successfully, and will be installed at all checkpoints starting this year. Completion date sometime next year.

- Liquids will no longer have to be removed once the new scanners are operational.

- Schiphol is investigating why so many bags are being sent to secondary, and what to do about it.

In other news, Privium will open a Schengen airside lounge as soon as a suitable location can be found.

Johan
Xandrios likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Just got a reply from Privium to my latest e-mail about security.

- New scanners have been tested successfully, and will be installed at all checkpoints starting this year. Completion date sometime next year.

- Liquids will no longer have to be removed once the new scanners are operational.

- Schiphol is investigating why so many bags are being sent to secondary, and what to do about it.

In other news, Privium will open a Schengen airside lounge as soon as a suitable location can be found.

Johan

Hallelujah, times four.

Now if only they found a way to solve the parking conundrum.
Xizm likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:24 am

I checked-in at one of the SP desks (10/11) at 10:04 i.e. not even 20 minutes ago, was in the lounge at 10:08. Definitely a record (for me).

G
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:41 am

That's not a bad idea. I might just do that.
Damn and blast! I wasn't fast enough.

This research project is completed. Thank you for your interest and have a good flight.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:08 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Yeah, but I have as well passed without taking the baggie off before, so...

I guess it depends either on mood/skill of the operator, or otherwise what and where you have packed nearby that could obscure.
..or it is just pure random, which is what would explain some of the weird situations that have been described in this thread!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:33 pm

After reading back, I am becoming more of a Pure Random fan myself.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:30 pm

This morning I had the first chance to use the security filter at 1A. Honestly I didn't even know it was there, never having checked a bag on one of these KLC flights.

At first I was shocked to see a wait time of 30-35 minutes, until I remembered I can bypass the line. Mornings... The priority scanners/gates were cordoned off, but an agent noticed me standing there with the Privium card in my hand, after which I was let in.

I was then sent from the front of the line to one of the checkpoints, which were mixed admittedly, but there was not too much wait and the packing station attendant picked up immediately on the fact he doesn't need to talk to me.

Some trays were being sent to secondary, however I was left frisk free and good to go with the trays as well.

All in all a decent experience, I suppose thanks to lack of any other premium passengers. The checkpoint does suck if you want to go to a lounge - I wouldn't have been there either if Privium ClubLounge didn't only open at 6.

Last edited by Fabo.sk; Mar 24, 2018 at 12:47 pm
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:11 pm

Had a surprisingly pleasant experience recently using lane 12 @ departures 2 (non-Schengen), it seems to have bigger trays and a different machine, all my trays went through with no issues (including my dreaded full-of-rand-coins wallet) and during about ~15 minutes, I counted a total of 0 trays going to secondary @ lane 12, I don't know if it is because of the different machine, or just a competent agent(s).

Much to Ms. Ditto's dismay, who used lane 11 she decided to listen to the advise given by the agent rather than mine and left a laptop in it's sleeve, this of course went to secondary where she (and me with her ) had to wait for 15 minutes as secondary was clogged.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ditto
I don't know if it is because of the different machine.
Might be one of those new machines that they are planning to install throughout over the next year and a half. The decision was made after a successful test phase, so they must have a couple up and running somewhere.

Johan
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:50 am

Indeed if I think about it, the machines at 1a looked a little different.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
New scanner installed at the right side of the SP line in Departures 2. I could leave lquids and iPad in my suitcase.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Whoa, really? Gonna give that a go next week.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
I had the pleasure of getting to use one of these (to the left of the two priority lines in Departures 2), and I was able to leave everything in my bag (and I had liquids and a ton of electronics). The machine is a bit slower than the others, since the bags go in one after another (rather than the continuous stream of bags on the legacy machines), but just being able to grab your bag and go when you're done is wonderful!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:20 am

Anyone knows if there are any of these new machines in place at Departures 1?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Anyone knows if there are any of these new machines in place at Departures 1?
According to Schiphol, currently they are only in Departures 2 and 3. However they started to install the machines at all checkpoints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.