Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The ultimate thread on buy-ups at OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Sat morning AMS-PRG no offer at all... business is reduced to the first row, which I don't think they'd do if they had 4 takers...

is is plausible that in some cases KLM/KLC doesn't even do J?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Sat morning AMS-PRG no offer at all... business is reduced to the first row, which I don't think they'd do if they had 4 takers...

They do run flights without J service, although I've only seen them due to lack of demand as opposed to just not offering it, i.e. upgrade to EBC was available during checkin but nobody bit, so the EBC rows left empty and the curtain left open. One flight on a 737 I think EBC was 5 rows, and all were empty, again they offered upgrade to it but nobody bit.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk

2 seats taken in J in the end. Y quite full as far back as I can see, so I guess Y capacity trumps the chance of extra revenue this morning.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:01 am

Monday evening flight, 69€ at 8/8 available.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: FB Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat Premier
Has anyone ever had the experience of a special meal blocking an upgrade offer at OLCI? There are 5 available on a flight and i can only select an upgrade for myself but not my partner. It could also be down to a status issue (1 gold and 1 ivory) but it’s odd to offer one person on a booking and not another.

Last edited by shotb83; Mar 27, 2018 at 6:23 pm
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:40 am

Special meals needs to be booked 24hrs in advance, so I suspect OLCI will be too late to arrange that, although they could potentially still allow it in the first few hours.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: FB Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Ditto
Special meals needs to be booked 24hrs in advance, so I suspect OLCI will be too late to arrange that, although they could potentially still allow it in the first few hours.
I have given up trying to second guess KLM and their ways

They have never wanted me to have this upgrade from the time I originally booked my Y ticket offering only one award upgrade ticket at that time too.

Oh well Y comfort it is ^
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by shotb83
Has anyone ever had the experience of a special meal blocking an upgrade offer at OLCI? There are 5 available on a flight and i can only select an upgrade for myself but not my partner. It could also be down to a status issue (1 gold and 1 ivory) but it’s odd to offer one person on a booking and not another.
Special meals might be a reason not to get it..

I had something like this but different. Misses Guggenheimer who is a nobody got an upgrade to GRU offered on the Dreamliner for very little money.. But I as a plat for life did not. Tickets where economy and bought together in wereld deal weken so lowest fare. We took the one chair and I had the privilege of 3 chairs in Y for myself.

Last edited by Meneer Guggenheimer; Mar 30, 2018 at 2:43 am Reason: typos
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
GRU-AMS tomorrow 419EUR from Eco to Biz. No brainer to me, so I took it. Surprised me to be honest since I was on a cheap (for that route) return ticket for around 800 EUR to begin with.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
Special meals might be a reason not to get it..

I had something like this but different. Misses Guggenheimer who is a nobody got an upgrade to GRU offered on the Dreamliner for very little money.. But I as a plat for life did not. Tickets where economy and bought together in wereld deal weken so lowest fare. We took the one chair and I had the privilege of 3 chairs in Y for myself.
Same thing again for the return from YYZ. Offered a €350 upgrade for myself but nothing for my wife (who is a GF meal). I can only put it down to that but as usual KLM cannot explain the reason directly, they just go around the houses. Oh well nevermind.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
AMS - KUL tomorrow €499.
Took it.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Question

Quick question: Has anyone ever been offered an OLCI buy-up when using the app? I would hate to miss our chance because I logged in with my phone rather than a desktop...
Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:33 pm

In the app it's a "silent" offer, i.e. when you go to the seatmap you will be able to select C seats
KLBGO likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ditto
In the app it's a "silent" offer, i.e. when you go to the seatmap you will be able to select C seats
Really? That is a silent offer!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
In the past I got such silent offer on the web as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.