Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jetBlue All-you-can-Jet pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 1:12 am

Stick a fork in it. Just booked another 2 flights. The lady says they sold at at 8:30pm mountain. I'm making last flight form SFO to JFK and then to SAN. I'll say in JFK long enough to get a Big Mac. It seriously is the shortest flight I can find to get from SFO to SAN.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 6:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travfar
I'll say in JFK long enough to get a Big Mac. It seriously is the shortest flight I can find to get from SFO to SAN.
No McDonalds in T5 - they have much better food choices.

And if you're willing to cross the Bay you can do OAK-LGB-SLC-SAN though I'm not sure what the timing is southbound. I'm doing it north bound on the 26th.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Some AYCJ coverage at time.com. And, yes, I'm the crazy guy they're talking about in the lead.

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...917579,00.html
Old Aug 20, 2009, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Suddenly remembered with 1h 47m to go last night I had not bought the pass yet......but happy to say have pass will travel
Old Aug 20, 2009, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
No McDonalds in T5 - they have much better food choices.

And if you're willing to cross the Bay you can do OAK-LGB-SLC-SAN though I'm not sure what the timing is southbound. I'm doing it north bound on the 26th.
Tried before I booked the JFK run. Not available for my dates.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 5:58 pm

Stick a fork in it. Just booked another 2 flights. The lady says they sold at at 8:30pm mountain. I'm making last flight form SFO to JFK and then to SAN. I'll say in JFK long enough to get a Big Mac. It seriously is the shortest flight I can find to get from SFO to SAN.
So they gave a 30 minute extension from the 8:00pm MDT cut-off time, for customers who were on the line. I called them at 7:45pm Eastern and it took me like 6 minutes to reach a Reservations Agent. I was done a little before 8:00pm Eastern, so will be jetting a lot next month!
Old Aug 20, 2009, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Tried before I booked the JFK run. Not available for my dates.
No charge for changes as long as they are 3 days out. @:-)
Old Aug 21, 2009, 1:09 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
There should be a FT DO using these passes.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chewy3
There should be a FT DO using these passes.
There are meetups/Dos/things scheduled tentatively in JFK T5 on 9/8 and 10/8 to celebate the promotion. And I'm using it to go to PDX to meet some other FTers on a different MR the first weekend it is active.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 1:52 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by sbm12
There are meetups/Dos/things scheduled tentatively in JFK T5 on 9/8 and 10/8 to celebate the promotion. And I'm using it to go to PDX to meet some other FTers on a different MR the first weekend it is active.
Is there a thread with this info? I didn't see it.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Not FT-specific.

http://www.meetup.com/599Club/calendar/11151453/
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
but I am really surprised that this thread is still at ~100 posts.
I'm not.

Let's assume that most FTers have a semi-normal job that requires them to work during the week. So they travel / MR on weekends. This pass allows travel for 4 (maybe 5?) weekends. And it costs $600. So about $150 per weekend trip, or more with intl taxes and fees. Now I know you probably aren't going to believe this, but those of us outside of B6-land generally average much much less than $150 per trip for airfare when you factor in our fully loaded travel budget (i.e. value of bumps taken, miles, irrop compensation, etc). On many legacies, there's a big difference between the front-end sticker price that you 'pay', and the 'end of the year cost' to travel after you factor in the benefits and average of all of your trips.

So simply put, the value just isn't there for a lot of savvy FTers. We can do much better elsewhere. But yes, for the FW or SD crowds who don't fly 100k+ per year, it's an attractive gimmick.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I don't know if this was posted before, but intl. taxes are not refundable (back to your credit card). However, Jetblue will give you credit for a future flight/tax. @:-)

Just be aware if you are planning to book all intl. destinations and end up canceling one of them.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nov11
I don't know if this was posted before, but intl. taxes are not refundable (back to your credit card). However, Jetblue will give you credit for a future flight/tax. @:-)

Just be aware if you are planning to book all intl. destinations and end up canceling one of them.
Wow...that sucks.

Good think I didn't go overboard on booking international options.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by nov11

Are you absolutely sure about this? This seems inconsistent with what I know and what I have heard with other airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.