Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jetBlue All-you-can-Jet pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:03 pm

I've bought my pass today and will be spending my weekend planning and book everything. At least we can cancel and fine tune or tweek the trip if needed w/o penalty (it was that option and the fact there are no first bag fees that allowed me to jump on this).

I will be tweeting, but I also post trip reports and stories on my personal blog, so follow that if you'd like.

Here is a Facebook group set up for people getting the passes:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...3448843&ref=mf

Here is the travel tag URL for my blog posts related to traveling. It'll give a good example of how I travel and write: http://mikeblitch.blogspot.com/search/label/travel

Last edited by mblitch; Aug 14, 2009 at 1:29 pm
Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:35 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
From Fatwallet, posted by a true sports fan. One of the ultimate uses of a pass like this

That's what I'm doing. Unemployed, no boss to ask... Just booked all the flights.

9/6 SBA -> LAS
9/8 LAS -> JFK
9/9 TB @ NYY
9/10 FLA @ NYM
9/11 NYM @ PHI
9/13 Redskins @ Giants (Not baseball. so what?)
9/14 JFK -> BOS
9/15 ANA @ BOS
9/16 ANA @ BOS
9/17 BOS -> TB
9/18 TOR @ TB
9/19 TB -> DC
9/20 BOS @ BAL
9/22 LAD @ WAS
9/23 DC -> DEN
9/24 SDG @ COL
9/25 STL @ COL
9/26 DEN -> JFK
10/1 JFK -> SEA
10/2 TEX @ SEA
10/3 TEX @ SEA
10/4 TEX @ SEA
10/5 SEA -> LAS
10/12 LAS -> SBA

Last edited by cordelli; Aug 14, 2009 at 1:41 pm
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA
If I wanted to go from SAN to SFO, would I need to go through JFK? When I try to look on the jetBlue website SFO is not an option when I choose SAN as my origination airport.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AAstang09
If I wanted to go from SAN to SFO, would I need to go through JFK? When I try to look on the jetBlue website SFO is not an option when I choose SAN as my origination airport.
You could go SAN-SLC-LGB-SFO (though I'm not sure if that would be shorter than just going to JFK). If I were you, however, I would just drive up to LGB and catch a flight to SFO from there.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:53 pm

Just got permission from my boss to take a month off to do this. Looks like a great opportunity to see a lot US cities I haven't been to before. The only thing I'm worried about is accommodation costs, 30 nights of US hotels could get pretty hefty!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fitzy7
Just got permission from my boss to take a month off to do this. Looks like a great opportunity to see a lot US cities I haven't been to before. The only thing I'm worried about is accommodation costs, 30 nights of US hotels could get pretty hefty!
Fly on redeyes. Sleep in airports or hostels. Couch surf.

Lots of options to help control costs.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 3:04 pm

Can anyone clarify the "You may only book one flight per city per day" rule? If I were interested in, say, an LGB->JFK flight that arrived the next morning and a return trip on that same day, would this be permitted?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rmannion
Can anyone clarify the "You may only book one flight per city per day" rule? If I were interested in, say, an LGB->JFK flight that arrived the next morning and a return trip on that same day, would this be permitted?
You cannot book a JFK-ROC-JFK round trip AND another flight out from JFK on the same day. You would be permitted to fly LGB-JFK and then return on the day you arrive. You would even be permitted to book LGB-PWM-LGB connecting in JFK both directions.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, BA Gold, Delta Platinum
Can I pay to voluntarily upgrade to Extra Legroom at the time of booking with the pass? I can't find anything about this in the t&c.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by VictorCharlieTen
Can I pay to voluntarily upgrade to Extra Legroom at the time of booking with the pass? I can't find anything about this in the t&c.
Yes you can. I was asked when booking whether I wanted to pay $40 to upgrade.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, BA Gold, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by chewy3
Yes you can. I was asked when booking whether I wanted to pay $40 to upgrade.
Thanks chewy, that's all I needed to hear.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by rmannion
You can only fly one time out of each city not just the airport. So if you want to fly LGB-SFO-LGB-JFK you will not be allowed to keep your reservation on the 2nd LGB flight. Also, If you want to fly JFK-BTV-JFK and then on the same day go to LGA to fly LGA-FLL you will not be able to keep LGA-FLL reservation because JFK and LGA are both NYC airports.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Igotmybigboypantson
You can only fly one time out of each city not just the airport. So if you want to fly LGB-SFO-LGB-JFK you will not be allowed to keep your reservation on the 2nd LGB flight. Also, If you want to fly JFK-BTV-JFK and then on the same day go to LGA to fly LGA-FLL you will not be able to keep LGA-FLL reservation because JFK and LGA are both NYC airports.
But can you fly one-way JFK-BTV and then one-way BTV-FLL, connecting in JFK? @:-)
Old Aug 14, 2009, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
But can you fly one-way JFK-BTV and then one-way BTV-FLL, connecting in JFK? @:-)
No, once you leave JFK you have to wait until the next day to fly out of NYC again. Any connection or direct flight via JFK would not be allowed, all you can do is go back to JFK.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fitzy7
Wow, nice boss. Are you guys hiring?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.