Wiki Posts
Search

jetBlue All-you-can-Jet pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

jetBlue All-you-can-Jet pass

Here's an interesting marketing ploy. For $599, plus applicable taxes and fees, you can have any seat available on any flight, system-wide, between September 8 and October 8. There is a 3-day advance purchase and a $100 penalty if you miss a flight or cancel inside the 3 days, but otherwise it is unlimited. Fixed TB points earning so don't get your hopes up for some crazy fun like that.

But still, unlimited flights with last seat availability.

I'm seriously considering this even though I'm actually working full-time these days so my options would be limited to weekend travel only.

On sale through the 21st of August, "while supplies last."

http://www.wanderingaramean.com/2009...er-jet-if.html
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....102&highlight=
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:23 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
The last time I saw one of these was from Eastern Airlines in 1980s. $323 for 3 weeks network-wide. I went all over the Caribbean.

FTers can have a whole lot of fun with this. Do it or you will kick yourself later when you read others' stories!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:47 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Air Canada still has all sorts of packages like this.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Whoa...apparently according to the T&Cs, you can upgrade a flight that's currently booked within that window to an AYCJ pass and just pay the difference between what you already paid and $599.

Too bad I can't travel in Sept....I would be on this like butter on bread.

UPGRADING TO A PASS: If You have already purchased a flight on JetBlue scheduled to depart within the Travel Window, You may convert Your existing booking to Pass Travel by purchasing a Pass (an “Upgrade”). When You Upgrade, JetBlue will credit the base fare paid for Your existing booking (exclusive of taxes and fees) against the purchase price of Your Pass, and convert Your existing booking to Pass Travel without charging a change fee. In the event the base fare paid for Your existing booking exceeds the purchase price of Your Pass, any remaining amount will be placed in a credit shell valid for future travel on JetBlue for up to one year. Note, these Terms will apply to any previously booked travel that is converted to Pass Travel under this paragraph and will supersede any existing terms, such as refundability rules.
Bookings for those dates must suck right now.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
This is clearly to get some revenue for the WORST trough period of the year, day after Labor day through first week of October. It does sound interesting, a couple of R/T's HPN-Florida and this thing pays for itself.

Great idea!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

I'm really trying to figure out what fun I can have in 60 hours on a random weekend. I'm looking at 10pm Friday to 10am Monday.

I think I have JFK-SJU-SDQ-MCO-BOG-MCO-AUS-LGB-IAD-JFK for a hair under 11,000 miles flown. If it is possible to make a 60 minute connection in SDQ on the SJU-SDQ-FLL flight then I think I can get a couple more segments in but I'm not sure.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm really trying to figure out what fun I can have in 60 hours on a random weekend. I'm looking at 10pm Friday to 10am Monday.

I think I have JFK-SJU-SDQ-MCO-BOG-MCO-AUS-LGB-IAD-JFK for a hair under 11,000 miles flown. If it is possible to make a 60 minute connection in SDQ on the SJU-SDQ-FLL flight then I think I can get a couple more segments in but I'm not sure.
That's gotta be some kind of record... Too bad you can't earn normal points alotments on it like a MR... Still one heck of a story.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:32 pm

Anyone happen to know how the charge shows up on your CC? I'm wondering if this can be combined with a card like Citi's PPE for some insane mileage runs...
Old Aug 12, 2009, 1:30 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Buried in the small print...

Each All-You-Can-Jet Pass is eligible for 35 TrueBlue points
Old Aug 12, 2009, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
This is an interesting way of drumming up business (and additional revenue before the end of the quarter) during what is typically a slow travel period.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 1:48 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by MileageAddict

Wow, that's about $100 worth of points. This is a really hot deal.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has booked using this-- kind of have the fear that it's going to be popular and all weekends will get sold out quickly, and don't want to be stuck with worthless $600 ticket in that case!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:24 pm

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by lettezilla
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has booked using this-- kind of have the fear that it's going to be popular and all weekends will get sold out quickly, and don't want to be stuck with worthless $600 ticket in that case!
There will be plenty of seats, don't forget this is the worst month of the year for B6.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA,AS,UA,Hyatt,Hilton
Originally Posted by MileageAddict

Originally Posted by nsx
Wow, that's about $100 worth of points. This is a really hot deal.

And as the OP pointed out:
Originally Posted by sbm12
Fixed TB points earning so don't get your hopes up for some crazy fun like that.
that's all the TB points you get:

"Pass Travel is not eligible for additional True Blue points"

Last edited by Top Tier; Aug 12, 2009 at 3:05 pm
Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:51 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Top Tier
Well, of course. Otherwise you could earn more in point value than the pass costs.

Speaking of which, back in the 1980s Eastern sold senior travel passes for about $1300. You could fly once per week for a year. I met a guy who bought two passes so he could fly a round trip each week. For the entire year of 1988 he earned triple miles on his pass travel: hundreds of thousands of miles! That was a pre-FT classic hot deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.