Search

jetBlue All-you-can-Jet pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 5:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travfar
Originally Posted by sbm12
As for the one/day limit, I interpret it as connections not counting against you. So SFO-JFK-MCO followed by MCO-JFK-SYR would be valid in one day. But that is strictly my interpretation. I have no real inside information on this one.
You are right sir. I was wondering the same so I asked before booking.
Originally Posted by Igotmybigboypantson
No, once you leave JFK you have to wait until the next day to fly out of NYC again. Any connection or direct flight via JFK would not be allowed, all you can do is go back to JFK.
Two differing opinions here.

I may call later this morning while on the train to WAS and confirm and then buy mine. I know I shouldn't since I won't be able to truly take advantage, but I want to. And I firmly believe in giving in to such wants.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I just called and spoke to 3 different agents, including Christine, a manager responsible for booking the actual flights. She confirmed that the rule is specifically based on Departure city. A day of BOS-BUF followed by BUF-SJU, both transiting JFK, is permitted.

I just booked mine.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 11:28 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I may call later this morning while on the train to WAS and confirm and then buy mine. I know I shouldn't since I won't be able to truly take advantage, but I want to. And I firmly believe in giving in to such wants.
You are exactly the customer JetBlue hopes to win with this promotion. I'm sure you'll have a great time and collect some great stories from the people you meet on board. I am envious already.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG
I'm just starting a new gig so won't be able to finagle any major off time, esp because I have a conference in Oct but I'm thinking of getting it just for weekend travel to see friends in Florida and maybe a day trip to San Juan, PR.

It's a shame that everything routes through JFK but even 2 weekend daytrips from Cali to Florida is more than double the cost of the pass.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ecspike
It's a shame that everything routes through JFK but even 2 weekend daytrips from Cali to Florida is more than double the cost of the pass.
You do have the SMF-LGB-FLL-SJU option, though I doubt that is particularly appealing.

I gotta figure out the best way to get to PDX from SJU. That's gonna be a fun weekend.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 5:01 pm

Fly on redeyes. Sleep in airports or hostels. Couch surf.

Lots of options to help control costs.
Dude, http://www.sleepinginairports.com/.

Here's my tip. Pile up the prayer rugs in the chapel and you'll sleep like a baby. It's comfy and quiet. No one ever goes in there, not even security.

I wish there was a site like showering in airports to list all the airports with showers. Me, I just have a 24 hour fitness membership and so I can shower at gyms around the globe.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 6:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP 14M, UA-1K, AS-MVP Gold, DL-PL, CO-PL, EK-Gold, BA-Gold, HH-D, SPG-PL
Smile

Originally Posted by Long Distance
JetBlue is the official airline of Cowboy haters as such, no flights to Dallas.
Dallas Cowboys- NFC Champs 2010
Old Aug 16, 2009, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP 14M, UA-1K, AS-MVP Gold, DL-PL, CO-PL, EK-Gold, BA-Gold, HH-D, SPG-PL
Smile

Originally Posted by travfar
Dude, http://www.sleepinginairports.com/.

Here's my tip. Pile up the prayer rugs in the chapel and you'll sleep like a baby. It's comfy and quiet. No one ever goes in there, not even security.

I wish there was a site like showering in airports to list all the airports with showers. Me, I just have a 24 hour fitness membership and so I can shower at gyms around the globe.
There are showers in most airline lounges at major airports. Also, there is a 24 Hour Fitness inside Las Vegas airport.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

I'll definitely be posting heavily if I do it. But I won't be doing so on twitter.
I've made a liar out of myself, it seems. I signed up for a twitter account to go along with my AYCJ pass. http://twitter.com/wanderngaramean

Part of my initial weekend of flights are booked - JFK-LAS-LGB-PDX-LGB-ORD-JFK. She had to book the return trip as 3 one-way tickets since the natural routing for PDX-JFK doesn't include stops in LGB and ORD. And she did note, "you know we have a non-stop flight from Long Beach to JFK, right" during the booking. But she was more than happy to book the ORD segments when asked.

I will likely tag on late-night turns to Puerto Rico on either end of that weekend, giving me 10 flights and 7 airports over the weekend. I even stop long enough in PDX to overnight and hang out with some friends.

I'm also working on another weekend run of JFK-SAN-SLC-LGB-OAK//SFO-BOS-JFK in about 24 hours. That'll get me 5 more airports for my collection. And I can do another late-night run the night to the islands if I want to add another.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 4:44 pm

With the hurricane season in the Caribbean, what could we expect from B6 regarding the changes to booked flights, if say, a hurricane lands within 3 days of travel date? Anybody thought about that? I would like to go to SJU for a weekend and perhaps to AUA. While the latter is below the hurricane belt, the former is clearly not.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
With the hurricane season in the Caribbean, what could we expect from B6 regarding the changes to booked flights, if say, a hurricane lands within 3 days of travel date? Anybody thought about that? I would like to go to SJU for a weekend and perhaps to AUA. While the latter is below the hurricane belt, the former is clearly not.
I'd assume standard waivers would apply.

For those looking for crazy 24-hour(ish) routings, I've come up with a couple from the NYC area:
JFK-BOS-BUF-(JFK)-RIC-(JFK)-BTV-(5 hour overnight)-(JFK)-SYR-JFK can be done from 7:45am to 11:04 the following morning. Skip the SYR turn and you're in under 24 hours. It even includes a long enough layover in JFK on the BUF-RIC route to get some lunch and recharge a laptop.

There's also this 26 hour routing: JFK-SAN-SLC-LGB-OAK (BART) SFO-BOS-JFK 9:35am to 11:01am +1
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Part of my initial weekend of flights are booked - JFK-LAS-LGB-PDX-LGB-ORD-JFK. She had to book the return trip as 3 one-way tickets since the natural routing for PDX-JFK doesn't include stops in LGB and ORD. And she did note, "you know we have a non-stop flight from Long Beach to JFK, right" during the booking. But she was more than happy to book the ORD segments when asked.
May I ask why you did that, if you aren't getting miles? Is it just to pick up the extra airports for your collection?

Please let us know when the NYT article runs, btw. Sounds great. If they need more people to interview, send them my way. I can tell them about how I did two weekend trips to DEL, leaving my wife home with the kids, and then how she did the same to me. As my brother puts it, "Wrong for the world, right for each other."

Mike
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeef
May I ask why you did that, if you aren't getting miles? Is it just to pick up the extra airports for your collection?
Pretty much. Since I cannot stop at any of the places all that long due to work constraints I've decided to see how many B6 stations I can visit. Doing crazy things like JFk-BUF-BOS-JFK on the morning of the 8th (6:05am departure is one of the earliest on the day the whole thing starts) and getting back to JFK in time to get to work at noon is just part of the fun for me.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

I've made a liar out of myself, it seems. I signed up for a twitter account to go along with my AYCJ pass. http://twitter.com/wanderngaramean
Seems I'll be blogging it, too: http://allicanjet.wanderingaramean.com/.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
I may get the pass; still need to figure out whether I fly to the Caribbean on all four weekends.

I am a little surprised that this thread hasn't generated more posts. In terms of value, for someone flying four or more times, the value is at least as great as, say, the free Icelandair tickets in 2004, but that threat grew to be a monster. JetBlue isn't as big as the legacy carriers, but it is somewhat bigger that Icelandair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.