Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jetBlue All-you-can-Jet pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:25 pm

Does jetblue offer direct flights between Caribbean Islands/Bogota or would you have to go back through JFK every time you wanted to cruise to another Island on this pass? Also does the one departure per-day thing mean you have to wait a day between connection flights? like if i was going SFO to somewhere in the Caribbean would i need to stay a night in new york?
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:45 pm

Programs: United Milage Plus, Delta Skymiles
quaxon, it looks like you would have to go up to JFK every time you wanted to island hop.

I'm also wondering about your second question. That would make or break it for me because I can only leave on weekends, so there's no time for 1 day stopovers.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Welcome to FlyerTalk, exon111!

There are 2x daily flights from SJU-SDQ. Other than that there are no intra-island flights. In some cases you can route via MCO or FLL, but other destinations will require passing via JFK.

As for the one/day limit, I interpret it as connections not counting against you. So SFO-JFK-MCO followed by MCO-JFK-SYR would be valid in one day. But that is strictly my interpretation. I have no real inside information on this one.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Welcome to FlyerTalk, exon111!

There are 2x daily flights from SJU-SDQ. Other than that there are no intra-island flights. In some cases you can route via MCO or FLL, but other destinations will require passing via JFK.

As for the one/day limit, I interpret it as connections not counting against you. So SFO-JFK-MCO followed by MCO-JFK-SYR would be valid in one day. But that is strictly my interpretation. I have no real inside information on this one.
You are right sir. I was wondering the same so I asked before booking.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travfar
You are right sir. I was wondering the same so I asked before booking.
I do wonder just how ripe that is for abuse if one were creative. Fly to BUF on the late flight one night and then do BUF-BOS, BOS-SYR, SYR-BTV, BTV-ROC and you could potentially transit JFK 4x in one day. I don't know if the timing works for that specific schedule but it could be interesting.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:55 pm

I do wonder just how ripe that is for abuse if one were creative. Fly to BUF on the late flight one night and then do BUF-BOS, BOS-SYR, SYR-BTV, BTV-ROC and you could potentially transit JFK 4x in one day. I don't know if the timing works for that specific schedule but it could be interesting.
Personally I think the reason they have that rule is to prevent people from hogging flights because they aren't sure where they want to go. So if they didn't have that rule someone could book flights from JFK to 10 cities just to hoard them until they decided where to go.

Here's my booking tip. The JB website doesn't route all the flights you can possibly take. For example, it doesn't let you do Baltimore to Orlando. But you can book Baltimore to JFK and then JFK to Orlando. So make sure to try to route yourself.

I would like to say what a pleasure it is to deal with Jet Blue. They are a professional airline. They are courteous and competent. They answer the phone quickly and even apologize if it's been more than 2 minutes. Compared to that other airline I've been dealing with lately, they are an absolute joy.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:56 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by travfar
Personally I think the reason they have that rule is to prevent people from hogging flights because they aren't sure where they want to go. So if they didn't have that rule someone could book flights from JFK to 10 cities just to hoard them until they decided where to go.
That was my interpretation as well.

As an aside, does anyone know how often JetBlue gates are close to other airline lounges? I'm thinking about buying prioritypass to accompany this pass but I know it may not be physically possible to reach some lounges when flying JB (as in Boston) -- I don't think JFK would work either.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:08 am

jet blue is mostly in t5 at jfk, and the only terminal with lounges outside of security is t4, so it is possible to use them. you would still have to take the train over to t5, so you would probably need to do that at least 60 min before your flight. IMHO the best priority pass lounges are in t4, so it might be worth it. also i thinks some of the int'l jet blue flights leave from t4, so it may be worth the investment. i love my priority pass and i love t4!!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:54 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Jetblue international flights

They depart from T5 but arrive at T4 . I don't believe that B6 has any flights that depart from T4 . (They used to but with T5 opening that is not the case).
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Would anyone that signs up for this be willing to tweet their experience? I would love to follow this virtually!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:25 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by GuyverII
Would anyone that signs up for this be willing to tweet their experience? I would love to follow this virtually!
Great idea!

I'd like to invite each of our intrepid travelers who is able to post while traveling to start his or her own thread chronicling the fun and the challenges. This should be great reading.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
Great idea!

I'd like to invite each of our intrepid travelers who is able to post while traveling to start his or her own thread chronicling the fun and the challenges. This should be great reading.
I'll definitely be posting heavily if I do it. But I won't be doing so on twitter.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:26 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
IMO this is a great deal. If I were not an airline employee I'd jump all over it. It's still tempting, as I love JetBlue & non-rev is no fun & next to inpossible.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:56 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I'll definitely be posting heavily if I do it.
If you don't buy a pass, we'll all be wondering why you're not wandering.

Here's another point to consider: Those Caribbean flights will probably have 25% or more of the passengers on passes. You'll have the best opportunity ever to meet people who share your passion for travel. You can trade travel tips, bring new people to FT, and maybe even plan to travel together for some parts of your trip.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
If you don't buy a pass, we'll all be wondering why you're not wandering.
I'm actually locked in to working 40-hour weeks right now. Were it not for that I'd definitely be on top of this thing. Between that and the limited late-night departures from NYC (I work until 8pm on Fridays) I'm forced to be more conservative in my planning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.