Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue "Move to Mint" Certificate Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2024, 9:09 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by Londonlouis
Are people paying cash & then getting these refunded using the US 24hr cancellation rule? or travel bank? If the former, are refunds being processed instantly?
Yes, I booked JFK-Edinburgh TATL partially paid with miles and with a 3 certificate upgrade to Mint on the inbound and cancelled after two hours. ALl points, cash, and certificates were refunded instantly.
Old May 24, 2024, 1:14 pm

Yes. Booked JFK to AMS with all points in Blue for early October and used just 2 MTM certs for the inbound return, total cash outlay was $98. Now if I could just catch the outbound flight for 2 MTM certs, right now they want three and I only have two left.
Old May 24, 2024, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Can MTM certs be used for bookings made entirely with points?
Yes. Booked JFK to AMS with all points in Blue for early October and used just 2 MTM certs for the inbound return, total cash outlay was $98. Now if I could just catch the outbound flight for 2 MTM certs, right now they want three and I only have two left.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 1:06 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone ever seen NYC-LON or NYC-AMS for 1 cert?
Old Jun 2, 2024, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Has anyone ever seen NYC-LON or NYC-AMS for 1 cert?
since the old (pre-2024) space available upgrade before departure system required 2 for international flights that seems unlikely. There have been no reports of anyone getting an international upgrade for 1 in this thread.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
since the old (pre-2024) space available upgrade before departure system required 2 for international flights that seems unlikely. There have been no reports of anyone getting an international upgrade for 1 in this thread.
It’s very rare to get it for 2 certs these days.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 3:02 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
That's odd, phone agent told me he sees people book NYC-LON for 1 cert every now and then.

Originally Posted by coleslaw
It’s very rare to get it for 2 certs these days.
I see it semi regularly for 2 cert
Old Jun 8, 2024, 11:00 am

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
That's odd, phone agent told me he sees people book NYC-LON for 1 cert every now and then.

I see it semi regularly for 2 cert
Spent 90 minutes on the horn with Heather at the Mosaic desk yesterday. Was looking BOS-LON in late September. All BOS/JFK-LON redeyes were anywhere from 3 to 6 certs per person even when the cabins were wide open.

Being a little more flexible with dates, she finally found a LGW-BOS flight for 2 per person in iirc what was classed as a C/D/I fare. Booked Blue Fare in the back and spent 92K (46K pp) points R/T with the mint certs applied for the return flight. She did mention to me that folks were complaining about the 6 certs per person/never being able to use the move to mint effectively but that JBU were trying to get it into the app for a search function.

Until that’s rolled out for us, here’s a Pro Tip we collectively discovered-as the agent was searching for availability with 2 certs pp, I was running searches on the app for points:

If you do a points search and the Mint point cost is less than 100K points then it’s likely that TATL flight will only require 2 MTM certs per person.

For example-the points cost for Mint on the LGW-BOS flight that we moved to mint with 2 certs each in was 95,400 points per person. All the flights that had 3, 4 and 6 certs one way were all north of 100K points by a wide margin with the cheapest being 115K iirc.

Just my experience. I just reached Platinum on Delta via their status match and the only reason I did that is because JetBlue doesn’t fly where I’m going for work at the moment (BOS-IND) Just hoping B6 will retain the “mosaic on the DL” part next year.
Aewanabe likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 4:08 pm

Any tips for getting SFO/LAX-JFK/BOS for 1 cert? So far its 2 or more each way.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
*Knock on wood* I've weirdly lucked out on using my certificates. I burned 2 certs to JFK-CDG, 1 cert to JFK-LAX, and 1 cert LAX-JFK. I think the number of certificates is correlated with the price. So, I kept track of the fare over time, and when it went down, I cancelled one ticket (after burning 3 certs from LAX-JFK), rebooked it, and was able to get upgraded using 1 certificate.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 8:32 pm

*Knock on wood* I've weirdly lucked out on using my certificates. I burned 2 certs to JFK-CDG, 1 cert to JFK-LAX, and 1 cert LAX-JFK. I think the number of certificates is correlated with the price. So, I kept track of the fare over time, and when it went down, I cancelled one ticket (after burning 3 certs from LAX-JFK), rebooked it, and was able to get upgraded using 1 certificate.
What were the prices of the transcon when you were able to use 1 cert?
Old Jun 10, 2024, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by olouie
What were the prices of the transcon when you were able to use 1 cert?
I used points rather than cash. If I recall correctly, the cash price was around $229-$279 one way. Hope this helps!
Old Jun 11, 2024, 11:26 am

I used points rather than cash. If I recall correctly, the cash price was around $229-$279 one way. Hope this helps!
Ah yeah I have found those, but they are still 2+ certs since the mint cabin is over $1000 OW usually. It seems like the $1000 / 100,000 pts is the number they use.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 4:26 pm

Well looks like for transcon the cash price is less of a consideration. SFO-JFK that costs $177 in blue or $1000 in mint is 1 cert, but JFK-SFO that costs $300 in blue or under $900 in mint costs 2-3 certs. Makes no sense to me but Ioh well.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 1:43 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Any tips for getting SFO/LAX-JFK/BOS for 1 cert? So far its 2 or more each way.
*Knock on wood* I've weirdly lucked out on using my certificates.
Ah yeah I have found those, but they are still 2+ certs since the mint cabin is over $1000 OW usually. It seems like the $1000 / 100,000 pts is the number they use.
Well looks like for transcon the cash price is less of a consideration. SFO-JFK that costs $177 in blue or $1000 in mint is 1 cert, but JFK-SFO that costs $300 in blue or under $900 in mint costs 2-3 certs. Makes no sense to me but Ioh well.
I have found I-class inventory to be a decent predictor of 1-cert upgrades, on JFK-LAX at least. Same inventory used for partner awards, IIRC.
jjbiv and LowValueCustomer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.