Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-GYE coming 5 December 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Reminds me of JetBlue at the height of the pandemic. At least Eastern is announcing them all at once. But yikes, that sounds like the majority of their schedule.

-J.
yeah, i guess thats a good reason why you guys always mentioned to never fly Eastern anyway. i am just days away from booking my 1400+ B6 flight to GYE! how exciting! *sarcasm, clearly...
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:50 am

Reminds me of JetBlue at the height of the pandemic. At least Eastern is announcing them all at once. But yikes, that sounds like the majority of their schedule.

-J.
as i look to book my tickets tonight to GYE on B6 for December, via my Amex platinum card, I was just curious as to what my spouse and I would be given in such an instance of a delay/cancellation either from B6, or Amex platinum, if anyone knows.

thank you
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by michael1023
as i look to book my tickets tonight to GYE on B6 for December, via my Amex platinum card, I was just curious as to what my spouse and I would be given in such an instance of a delay/cancellation either from B6, or Amex platinum, if anyone knows.

thank you
You would get whatever Amex offers in IROP insurance and that will likely be your primary source. JetBlue is notorious for offering snacks/snack boxes and drinks during an extensive delay instead of food vouchers.

-J.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 9:53 am

You would get whatever Amex offers in IROP insurance and that will likely be your primary source. JetBlue is notorious for offering snacks/snack boxes and drinks during an extensive delay instead of food vouchers.

-J.
took the plunge the other night and ordered the 2 roundtrip tickets and EMS seats for about 2,900. quite disheartening to say the least, but needed to be booked.

on a side note, i tried to book online and when i clicked book, it gave me a reservation code, but i had to call due to "something went wrong", on hold for over an hour, tried to get the EMS seats for free due to the situation and was denied...
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: MSC Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, RCCL Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite
took the plunge the other night and ordered the 2 roundtrip tickets and EMS seats for about 2,900. quite disheartening to say the least, but needed to be booked.

on a side note, i tried to book online and when i clicked book, it gave me a reservation code, but i had to call due to "something went wrong", on hold for over an hour, tried to get the EMS seats for free due to the situation and was denied...
Enjoy!
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:23 pm

Can someone figure out why this flight left over 2 hours late today? Asking for myself , I take this flight on Sunday. Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Can someone figure out why this flight left over 2 hours late today? Asking for myself , I take this flight on Sunday. Thanks
It would not be The JetBlue Experience™ if it left on time

Being an international flight, it was probably due to the positive bag match requirement (if a customer doesn't board for whatever reason, their bags must be removed). Or maybe someone got stuck in security and they decided to wait... or maybe it was "weather" or mechanical. These are the most common reasons international flights are delayed.

Good luck with your flight on Sunday. Hope it goes without a hitch.

-J.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 5:38 am

It would not be The JetBlue Experience™ if it left on time

Being an international flight, it was probably due to the positive bag match requirement (if a customer doesn't board for whatever reason, their bags must be removed). Or maybe someone got stuck in security and they decided to wait... or maybe it was "weather" or mechanical. These are the most common reasons international flights are delayed.

Good luck with your flight on Sunday. Hope it goes without a hitch.

-J.
yeah even with EMS seats, we board with Group A. I told my wife once on board, relax, because we won’t be leaving anywhere near the scheduled 2:25pm departure
GW McLintock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.