Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-GYE coming 5 December 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
ExpertFlyer may be more accurate.

-J.
before i sign up, does that show actual, current, up to date seats that are filled, or just a generic seatmap?

thank you
Old Sep 28, 2021, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by michael1023
before i sign up, does that show actual, current, up to date seats that are filled, or just a generic seatmap?

thank you
It shows up-to-date information. I have a free account which shows a seatmap and allows you to create one alert.

-J.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 5:09 pm

Could it be the holiday price bump? That does seem like a lot.

Maybe wait one more week, but I wouldn't wait any longer than that. How are the loads? If the flights are full then this may just be how it is.

-J.
if i wait more then a week, and the flight is still rather empty, should i wait more time? would you suspect the price would go down less then 90 days out?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
if i wait more then a week, and the flight is still rather empty, should i wait more time? would you suspect the price would go down less then 90 days out?
No... that's why I suggested only a week. After that I would expect the price to start going up.

But I don't work there so idk. If I were you I would have booked cheap tickets on American/LATAM/[insert real airline] a long time ago.

-J.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:53 pm

No... that's why I suggested only a week. After that I would expect the price to start going up.

But I don't work there so idk. If I were you I would have booked cheap tickets on American/LATAM/[insert real airline] a long time ago.

-J.
again, Latam doesn't fly JFK-GYE anymore.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tphuang
again, Latam doesn't fly JFK-GYE anymore.

Looks like Eastern goes nonstop (but take them at your own risk). Avianca, AA, and Copa all seem to offer reasonably short connections. While the nonstop is certainly a luxury, it may not be worth such a premium.

-J.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 9:12 am

Looks like Eastern goes nonstop (but take them at your own risk). Avianca, AA, and Copa all seem to offer reasonably short connections. While the nonstop is certainly a luxury, it may not be worth such a premium.

-J.
I would never waste my money with Eastern given how often they cancel flights. I like AV a lot. They price their business class seats remarkably low on all the BOG connections. Great option to anywhere in South America. AA's non-international cabin experience is just terrible imo. It's barely a step up from NK. The only time I've flown them recently is in First/business class cabin and even that is a noticeable step down for me compared to their competitors. Never tried Copa.

I think our friend here can wait a little longer and the prices won't go up. I'm just checking out a few R/T experiments. I don't see 1200 to 1300 anywhere.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by tphuang
I would never waste my money with Eastern given how often they cancel flights. I like AV a lot. They price their business class seats remarkably low on all the BOG connections. Great option to anywhere in South America. AA's non-international cabin experience is just terrible imo. It's barely a step up from NK. The only time I've flown them recently is in First/business class cabin and even that is a noticeable step down for me compared to their competitors. Never tried Copa.

I think our friend here can wait a little longer and the prices won't go up. I'm just checking out a few R/T experiments. I don't see 1200 to 1300 anywhere.
i was also looking at AA as well via MIA, but the prices are similiar ~1,200 per person, so might as well fly direct in that situation, i will keep checking Avianca(which again, is similar pricing and also direct, but I never flown before and AGAIN its an a319 aircraft, no lie flat seats blah blah)

I just prefer either direct via B6 or Avianca, or AA via MIA, im very cautious about conenctions in another country, because if something happens and its delayed or cancelled, I then have to worry about the testing/covid/where to find a test silliness
Old Oct 6, 2021, 8:20 am

-J.
since I might be booking this in the next few days, if I am to pay 1,300 per ticket, does the current service at least have the snack bar back? or is it still closed "for our safety?"

thank you
Old Oct 6, 2021, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

since I might be booking this in the next few days, if I am to pay 1,300 per ticket, does the current service at least have the snack bar back? or is it still closed "for our safety?"

thank you
No idea. I haven't flown on a JB flight with a marketplace/pantry/whatever-they-call-it-today since 2019. However I caution you against making your purchase decision on something as trivial as a snack bar.

Scenario: your flight will be late. The marketplace/pantry/whatever-they-call-it-today will be sealed off. You'll have to deal with JFK T5 and no lounge. But you can fly nonstop (or maybe not... the flight has stopped in Florida twice in the last two weeks). Is that worth it to you?

I am honestly surprised you haven't already booked on Avianca or American.

-J.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 9:37 am

No idea. I haven't flown on a JB flight with a marketplace/pantry/whatever-they-call-it-today since 2019. However I caution you against making your purchase decision on something as trivial as a snack bar.

Scenario: your flight will be late. The marketplace/pantry/whatever-they-call-it-today will be sealed off. You'll have to deal with JFK T5 and no lounge. But you can fly nonstop (or maybe not... the flight has stopped in Florida twice in the last two weeks). Is that worth it to you?

I am honestly surprised you haven't already booked on Avianca or American.

-J.
sorry to bother, but what would be the benefits of AA?

Main Cabin as of today is 1,127, so about 200 less the B6. I’d prefer AA over Avianca, since i have done AA before, even once in Business class.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was just an example (I picked two of the carriers mentioned upthread at random). AA does have the AAdmiral's Club and a Priority Pass restaurant in T8. JB has neither of those in T5.

-J.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 2:06 pm

It was just an example (I picked two of the carriers mentioned upthread at random). AA does have the AAdmiral's Club and a Priority Pass restaurant in T8. JB has neither of those in T5.

-J.
I'm not really sure why you are so adamant AA is a better for him. AA's Main cabin is terrible. Add in several hours of extra time in connection during COVID time in that Florida COVID hot zone? I'd do pretty much anything to avoid connection these days. Even a non-stop flight that makes a pit stop in Florida saves you the trouble of having extra infection opportunities and get you to destination more quickly. And that doesn't even account for the fact that AA flight gets into GYE after midnight.

And you don't get AC access with first class seating.

I'm not saying this just as a B6 supporter. I recently booked WN for the first time ever because they are the only non-ULCC that is flying me to where I need to go non-stop at a reasonable fare.

Never mind: I do see just now that they do give AC access to all of South America. I still wouldn't pick AA business class unless they are the absolute cheapest out there.

Last edited by tphuang; Oct 6, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Old Oct 6, 2021, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh I don't have a preference either way. I just know they've been mentioned in this thread.

I get AAdmiral's Club access through a credit card, and Priority Pass through another, so for me it would make a lot of sense to take AA. YMMV.

-J.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 5:19 pm

im so conflicted, im in paralysis analysis

ive been researching AA all day, and it just kills me the price is basically the same as B6, but B6 at least is direct.

i even saw that flights next week or next month are so much cheaper then the December dates I have chosen. i keep thinking maybe to wait more for the prices to go down, or thats the standard expensive prices because it is christmas/new years weeks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.