Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-GYE coming 5 December 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2021, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Do Blue fares come with free changes? Maybe book one of those and then if the price drops closer in you can cancel and rebook.

-J.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:39 am

So I think I found a decent routing/pricing for my trip. ~1500 per person, and business class with lie flat coming back. maybe this is the best I can do? I wont be financially able to book this for about 2 weeks, but hopefully then it still stands with the available seats/price. if not, I guess i will have to be a slave to main cabin or B6 and pay a similar price.

thoughts?

Thank you

Old Oct 9, 2021, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by michael1023
So I think I found a decent routing/pricing for my trip. ~1500 per person, and business class with lie flat coming back. maybe this is the best I can do? I wont be financially able to book this for about 2 weeks, but hopefully then it still stands with the available seats/price. if not, I guess i will have to be a slave to main cabin or B6 and pay a similar price.

thoughts?

Thank you
That seems reasonable, though note the warning that one of your return flights may not have any J seats left -- so double check that. The Boeings will be very nice in J (the Airbus, not so much, but still a decent ride compared to Y).

Also, charge your computer

-J.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: MSC Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, RCCL Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite

thoughts?

Thank you

This is a little off topic but I booked Copa in February, JFK/GYE business promo for $544pp r/t. We are leaving this Friday. Fortunately there was a schedule change (as I expected) where my OB flight was flying 1 hour later. I live in NJ so I called Copa I was able to get my flights changed to EWR r/t at no extra cost. Our first leg in on United and then Copa from Panama. I purposely booked that early hoping this would happen and I lucked out. It happened one other time and that is how I learned this is possible. Not always a good idea to do this but with the refund/change policy I had nothing to lose.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
That seems reasonable, though note the warning that one of your return flights may not have any J seats left -- so double check that. The Boeings will be very nice in J (the Airbus, not so much, but still a decent ride compared to Y).

-J.
hmm interesting. I pretended to book it, up until seat selection, and it showed plenty in both return flights. I will check again in a few days.

EDIT: I just double checked, the flight from MIA-JFK has no business class, its First Class, so presumably that's what that warning message means.
GW McLintock likes this.

Last edited by michael1023; Oct 9, 2021 at 12:44 pm Reason: edit
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:27 am

and correct me if I am wrong, but if I fly business/first coming back, I should get access to Flagship lounge in MIA, which should come in handy, what with a 5 hour layover...
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are in Flagship F (not domestic F) you will have access. I don't think MIA-NYC would qualify, but I could be wrong. You might get better information on the AA forum.

-J.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:27 am

belay that booking, that price had only 1 seat left.

so back to square one, was looking at the itinerary below, premium econ at least on the longer flight from MIA-GYE, with Centurion Lounge access with my AMEX platinum card in LGA and MIA, and GYE with Priority Pass card.

thoughts?

Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

belay that booking, that price had only 1 seat left.

so back to square one, was looking at the itinerary below, premium econ at least on the longer flight from MIA-GYE, with Centurion Lounge access with my AMEX platinum card in LGA and MIA, and GYE with Priority Pass card.

thoughts?

That seems reasonable. MIA-GYE isn't a terribly long flight (slightly shorter than, say, JFK-SLC) and it is on the 787. Combined with the lounge access, I think that's the way to go.

-J.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:47 am

That seems reasonable. MIA-GYE isn't a terribly long flight (slightly shorter than, say, JFK-SLC) and it is on the 787. Combined with the lounge access, I think that's the way to go.

-J.
Update: the fare for that itinerary is now $1,300 +

can anyone explain to me how on B6, the flights are still selling for over $1,400 per seat with an open seatmap shown below? i mean, there's barely any demand 70ish days out...

i might still hold out...im going down with the ship

Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: the fare for that itinerary is now $1,300 +

can anyone explain to me how on B6, the flights are still selling for over $1,400 per seat with an open seatmap shown below? i mean, there's barely any demand 70ish days out...

i might still hold out...im going down with the ship
Clearly nobody is booking it... they need to recoup the money one way or another. I guess this is how they plan on doing that. It's too much airplane for the route. The demand isn't there, at least not at this pricing.

I seriously wonder how much longer this route will stick around, at least with year-round service. Then again, I just saw a hotel deal in GYE in January and now I am starting to make plans to potentially take this very flight

-J.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:16 am

Clearly nobody is booking it... they need to recoup the money one way or another. I guess this is how they plan on doing that. It's too much airplane for the route. The demand isn't there, at least not at this pricing.

I seriously wonder how much longer this route will stick around, at least with year-round service. Then again, I just saw a hotel deal in GYE in January and now I am starting to make plans to potentially take this very flight

-J.
this route is not going away. GYE is a huge VFR market. They actually have 2 flights a day during Christmas season. With Basic Economy, we really have no way of knowing how many bookings they have.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by tphuang
this route is not going away. GYE is a huge VFR market. They actually have 2 flights a day during Christmas season. With Basic Economy, we really have no way of knowing how many bookings they have.
its crazy to think id have to spend 1400 plus on basically an economy flight

im trying to play around with the dates a little, but for the most part the fares are the same
Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:24 am

just a sidenote update, this, from the Eastern Airlines homepage...yikes

Flight Updates:

The following flights have been cancelled:

October 17 Miami (Mia) -> Montevideo (MVD) have been cancelled

October 18 Montevideo (MVD) -> Miami (MIA) have been cancelled

October 23, 30 and November 6, 13 New York (JFK) -> Guayaquil (GYE) have been cancelled

October 23, 30 Guayaquil (GYE) -> New York (JFK) have been cancelled

October 21, 28 Miami (Mia) -> Montevideo (MVD) have been cancelled

October 22, 29 Montevideo (MVD) -> Miami (MIA) have been cancelled

November 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 18, 25 Miami (MIA) -> Asuncion (ASU) have been cancelled

November 2, 4, 7, 10, 12, 14, 19, 26 Asuncion (ASU) -> Miami (MIA) have been Cancelled

Starting from November 2021 to March 2022, New York (JFK) – > Belo Horizonte (CNF) have been cancelled

Starting from November 2021 to March 2022, Belo Horizonte (CNF) – >New York (JFK) have been cancelled

Starting from November 2021 to March 2022, Miami (MIA) – > Belo Horizonte (CNF) have been cancelled

Starting from November 2021 to March 2022, Belo Horizonte (CNF) – >Miami (MIA) have been cancelled
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just a sidenote update, this, from the Eastern Airlines homepage...yikes

Flight Updates:

The following flights have been cancelled:

Reminds me of JetBlue at the height of the pandemic. At least Eastern is announcing them all at once. But yikes, that sounds like the majority of their schedule.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.