Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-GYE coming 5 December 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:02 pm

has anyone been on this flight yet? just curious since it is a blocked like 7 hour flight...
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:16 am

bump...i saw on flightaware that the jetblue flight to gye is an A21N? what kind of aircraft is this? is this a permanent move?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by michael1023
bump...i saw on flightaware that the jetblue flight to gye is an A21N? what kind of aircraft is this? is this a permanent move?
Flightaware is usually reliable for plane types when the flight is in the air. Past or future flights it is totally unreliable.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
It's an A321neo. This flight has only ever been operated on this type.

-J.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 8:23 am

bump...has anyone flown into gye recently? at what point do they ask for the negative PCR test for covid? before immigration? during? after you get your luggage? thank you
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:24 pm

Programs: MSC Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, RCCL Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite
Following
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
It's an A321neo. This flight has only ever been operated on this type.

-J.
Still a long flight to do in Y and prior to Covid, B6 would even run out of for-purchase food items on shorter flights such as BOS LAS
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by fly747first
Still a long flight to do in Y and prior to Covid, B6 would even run out of for-purchase food items on shorter flights such as BOS LAS
Absolutely. They have a styrofoam-like cooler that takes up an entire half cart which keeps it cold enough to serve for the return flight (since they round-trip cater the turn at JFK). But yes even on shorter flights they run out. The company usually broke even on EatUp Cafe which I think is why they never really put much effort into it.

-J.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:19 pm

speaking of this, does anyone know if T5 at JFK has a lounge? I am flying with even more space seats, but I know that doesnt mean anything. Any decent lounges, even if need to pay for entry?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

speaking of this, does anyone know if T5 at JFK has a lounge? I am flying with even more space seats, but I know that doesnt mean anything. Any decent lounges, even if need to pay for entry?
There is no lounge at T5.

-J.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
There is no lounge at T5.

-J.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: MSC Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, RCCL Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite
bump...has anyone flown into gye recently? at what point do they ask for the negative PCR test for covid? before immigration? during? after you get your luggage? thank you
My American friends in Guayaquil says when you show your passport is when you show your negative covid test.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 4:43 pm

speaking of this flight, has anyone flown it, and do you get the direct tv and live tv at least while flying over the usa, then i guess it cuts out south of florida? or its just movies from the get go
Old Oct 7, 2020, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

speaking of this flight, has anyone flown it, and do you get the direct tv and live tv at least while flying over the usa, then i guess it cuts out south of florida? or its just movies from the get go
You'll have wi-fi and DirecTV for probably half the flight. I think the NEO has the upgraded antenna so you might have wi-fi for longer. Once service is lost, movies will still be available.

-J.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 10:35 am

what type of food/snacks are offered on this route? should I prepare to bring snacks and beverages, after security of course...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.