Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mint Menus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
East DInner

Tried the eastbound Menú, it did not disappoint. Ended up picking the 3 warm items - fish, chicken, lamb. The Lamb remains the MVP of all options.
For dessert I asked them to skip the gelato and just give me the toppings, after a short rolling off the eyes, the pursers response was - "that actually would taste pretty good also", it was warm chocolate sauce over granola.

Sorry for the low light picture. The menu is below.

https://www.jetblue.com/magnoliapubl...p_E_LD_V02.pdf
rhg247 and TastyPlaneEats like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Westbound Dinner September

Got to travel on EWR-SFO for first time, same week JetBlue announces the axing of the route!! The dinner presentation was awesome, my only gripe was that Chicken was a little too dry, Fried chicken just does not reheats itself well. Got to watch Top Gun and have this owesum dinner in the sky!

Crab and Pasta Salad

Overall Spread

Beef

Chicken
Carfield and TastyPlaneEats like this.

Last edited by bdhaliwa; Sep 5, 2022 at 10:32 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
my only gripe was that Chicken was a little too dry, Fried chicken just does not reheats itself well.

Chicken
Back in the day (circa late 2016/early 2017) they had a buttermilk fried chicken that was out of this world. I used to bring hot sauce packets and it was 10 out of 10.

-J.
Carfield likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Had the exact same menu (and options) but less well-executed on BOS-SFO Friday:

B6 633 BOS-SFO
Westbound Lunch/Dinner
September 1, 2022

Clockwise from top left:
(bread, warm)
FREGOLA lump crab, lemon aioli, dill
CHICKEN MILANESE brussels sprouts, lemon
FLAT IRON STEAK roasted mushrooms, cipollini onions, jus, breadcrumbs

Fregola was decent, but everything else was overcooked — I swear that's the smallest piece of chicken cutlet I've seen, and brussels sprouts were basically crispy, and they even skimped on the lemon! Steak was well done and tough, but mushrooms were good. Had high hopes for the menu but alas.

VANILLA GELATO strawberry jam, devil's food cake crumble

Was ok but not the best toppings I think
Carfield and TastyPlaneEats like this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:45 am

JFK SFO

This was my first mint flight and I thought it was fine. The catering was the highlight even if the pasta was over cooked and the chicken was dry. The beef was the best.

Still better than AA!

I was a little disappointed in how perfunctory the service was though. No PDB. No snack course. No refills proactively offered. I was kind of hoping for a different energy in Mint from AA…but while the FA was pleasant, he certainly didn’t go out of his way to make the trip extra fun or special.

And is the dessert supposed to be served at the same time as the entree? It was soup by the time I got to it.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by rhg247

JFK SFO

This was my first mint flight and I thought it was fine. The catering was the highlight even if the pasta was over cooked and the chicken was dry. The beef was the best.

Still better than AA!

I was a little disappointed in how perfunctory the service was though. No PDB. No snack course. No refills proactively offered. I was kind of hoping for a different energy in Mint from AA…but while the FA was pleasant, he certainly didn’t go out of his way to make the trip extra fun or special.

And is the dessert supposed to be served at the same time as the entree? It was soup by the time I got to it.
My overall sentiments exactly. While the menus read better than AA I dont find it is anything too special. I ask for the ice cream later but tbh one of my biggest gripes is that there arent more of a variety of desserts. A pot de creme or piece of cake would be nice. If you want a cheese course they will bring you one from coach for no charge.
rhg247 likes this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Sep 18, 2022 at 7:19 pm
Old Sep 18, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver

JFK SFO

Still better than AA!

I haven’t flown mint in a while. If this is the current service standard then it has gone downhill. When I last flew, there was a welcome beverage service featuring their signature mint cocktail (or a full bar if that’s what you’d prefer). Refills were proactively offered and ice cream was served with the meal to streamline but it was supposed to be served straight out of the dry ice so that it would be perfect by the time you got to dessert (previously they served it after the meal and people complained about it being rock hard)
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:16 pm

I flew AA home so I only have this one mint data point. I want to believe that I just had a one-off average crew.

But I can tell you that after this trip mint isn’t the slam dunk I hoped it would be.

i will eventually give it another go just to be sure
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:20 pm

I'm surprised there was no PDB. They usually serve the breadsticks with the first beverage service that’s given before the entrees come out.

The dessert can be served with or after the meal. Just let your Mint FA know when they take your order.

No PDB. No snack course. No refills proactively offered.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:44 pm

That’s what I was expecting, but there was no pre dinner snack or beverage service. Dinner order was taken and as far as ice cream, no option discussed for a later dessert or cheese tray
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
They're also supposed to greet you when you get to your seat at boarding, and ask you if you've ever flown Mint before, and they're supposed to give you a tour of the seat controls and how the meal service works.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
I flew AA home so I only have this one mint data point. I want to believe that I just had a one-off average crew.

But I can tell you that after this trip mint isn’t the slam dunk I hoped it would be.

i will eventually give it another go just to be sure
I'd say based on your description your crew sounds more below average — did they offer to take carryons down from the overhead when you hit 10k feet (and the crew are free to move around) or did they "forget" that too?
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
I'd say based on your description your crew sounds more below average — did they offer to take carryons down from the overhead when you hit 10k feet (and the crew are free to move around) or did they "forget" that too?
They did offer and I thought that was a nice touch.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
They're also supposed to greet you when you get to your seat at boarding, and ask you if you've ever flown Mint before, and they're supposed to give you a tour of the seat controls and how the meal service works.
No special greetings/questions/tours were given.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:29 am

Westbound breakfast - Aug/Sept 2022

Same menu as last month except John did a far superior job plating compared to the Mint crew last month. PDB order was taken and served during boarding. John introduced all the Mint seat features to those new to Mint and anyone needing a refresher.

Smoked salmon, mint tea, chia seed pudding, poached egg, and maple glazed bacon

Poached egg with green tomato salsa verde, parmigiano, crostini

Smoked salmon with tomato conserva, crostini

Iced cappuccino and pretzels from the pantry
Carfield likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.