Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

jetBlue and AA [interline]/DCA slots obtained

jetBlue and AA [interline]/DCA slots obtained

Old May 23, 10, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Joining OneWorld

I'm not sure if this would be positive or negative overall but there's been comment on this from the BA boss Willie Walsh.
Old May 23, 10, 5:40 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
Looks like BA wants jetBlue to come out and play! I am not sure about joining OneWorld, that would be very interesting if that happened. Is joining OW really being considered though?
Old May 23, 10, 6:44 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
B6 joining OW

Originally Posted by JBLU421NYC View Post
Looks like BA wants jetBlue to come out and play! I am not sure about joining OneWorld, that would be very interesting if that happened. Is joining OW really being considered though?
I think they like their neutrality (in a similar way to AS) , however if they could AA miles while flying on the B6 flights then I think B6 may try to find a way to do that (or earn LH miles when on the B6 flights also ) .
Old May 24, 10, 8:19 pm

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Originally Posted by haddon90 View Post
not a smart idea to start DCA-LGA (if it's even possible). they'd get crushed by the hourly frequencies that US and DL already offer.
Plus the Amtrak Acela frequencies from Union Station to NY Penn. The WAS-NYC business market is a crowded marketplace without a doubt.

DCA-BOS might be somewhat easier as it is both long enough to make the Acela a less attractive option (whereas WAS-NYP can actually be faster than DCA-LGA and then car service to Manhattan many days) and less crowded without the direct DL shuttle option.
Old May 25, 10, 7:52 am

Programs: AA-1MM, AS, US, BA, UA, AGR-Select
Originally Posted by bernardd View Post
Joining OneWorld

I'm not sure if this would be positive or negative overall but there's been comment on this from the BA boss Willie Walsh.

If oneworld could work out a decent mileage earning rate with B6 I'd LOVE this. I think it could work well. One of the main sticking points is B6's lack of a F cabin. But for intl/connecting pax, B6 could add a "transfer lounge" at JFK and BOS for pax connecting from J/F on AA/BA/IB/RJ to Y on B6. It could be like a mini Galleries lounge with free drinks etc. Give those same biz/first pax guaranteed Even More Legroom seats on B6 and the difference between flying a domestic segment on B6 vs AA say between JFK-PIT or JFK-RDU is negligible. Actually I think most premium pax would have a BETTER experience flying B6 on E190 than AE on a crAApy ERJ. Plus it would open destinations like PWM, BTV and ACK.
Old May 25, 10, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Platinum
Originally Posted by Driving by DCA View Post
Plus the Amtrak Acela frequencies from Union Station to NY Penn. The WAS-NYC business market is a crowded marketplace without a doubt.

DCA-BOS might be somewhat easier as it is both long enough to make the Acela a less attractive option (whereas WAS-NYP can actually be faster than DCA-LGA and then car service to Manhattan many days) and less crowded without the direct DL shuttle option.
couldn't agree more. the only way i see DCA-JFK working is if it's for connecting traffic. but B6 would just get destroyed if it tried DCA-LGA. those slots are much more valuable.
Old May 25, 10, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by haddon90 View Post
couldn't agree more. the only way i see DCA-JFK working is if it's for connecting traffic. but B6 would just get destroyed if it tried DCA-LGA. those slots are much more valuable.
Indeed. It will best time to bring more specific routes. If DOT will have to be in negotiations from B6 to acquiring more extra slots into DCA. Dependable how much the slots will have to taken. I think it will bring 3 or 4 flight of the days from DCA-JFK or LGA. Let's try to get FAA approval to acquiring more extra slots restrictions due to the congestions. It won't cause anyone else problems by B6 is waiting for DOJ is an finalized approved.
Old May 25, 10, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
I think it will bring 3 or 4 flight of the days from DCA-JFK or LGA.
Ummm....No. Not gonna happen. Not at all. Did you read the posts above explaining why?
Old May 25, 10, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Ummm....No. Not gonna happen. Not at all. Did you read the posts above explaining why?
No, I did not. I didn't read it yet. You will find out soon enough.
Old May 26, 10, 5:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No, I did not. I didn't read it yet. You will find out soon enough.
Actually I already do know. JetBlue has announced their intentions and DCA-NYC are not among them. There are many likely reasons discussed in this thread. Simply posting again that you think it might happen doesn't change the reality of the situation. It will not.
Old May 28, 10, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

AA is ending service DCA-BOS on Nov 2010

I heard AA will be ending service BOS-DCA and it will leaving behind DL, US, B6 will have additional more extra slots into DCA. SO unfortunately, AA will be no longer service BOS-DCA and B6 will takeover by replacing AA. So obviously, B6 will have reconsider to additional more extra frequencies DCA-BOS will have upgrade from E90 to A320 aircraft to bring more capacity passengers.
Old May 29, 10, 7:49 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
I heard AA will be ending service BOS-DCA and it will leaving behind DL, US, B6 will have additional more extra slots into DCA. SO unfortunately, AA will be no longer service BOS-DCA and B6 will takeover by replacing AA. So obviously, B6 will have reconsider to additional more extra frequencies DCA-BOS will have upgrade from E90 to A320 aircraft to bring more capacity passengers.
We've seen AA leave a route while B6 has been or rumored to a route. This is not uncommon. However, the only way B6 will add seats is if their bookings demand it.