Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

jetBlue and AA [interline]/DCA slots obtained

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jetBlue and AA [interline]/DCA slots obtained

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nerd
The thread title still says codeshare.

It's pretty certain now that it's a ticketing agreement; no codeshare benefits, nor any on the horizon, right?
Correct that it was actually announced as an interline ticketing agreement, not codeshares. I'll fix the thread title.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
I confirmed today with someone from Corp R.E. that we will be operating out of Term A, the old term. I don't care, I'm just glad we're there beggers can't be choosy.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I use to fly out of Terminal A with ATA. I know NW use to be over there but since they have moved is that terminal now empty?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
I use to fly out of Terminal A with ATA. I know NW use to be over there but since they have moved is that terminal now empty?
no, spirit, AC, and airtran are out of A (sorry i don't know those codes).

AS and CO are out of the hallway between A and B. I guess that's A? i have never flown out of that part of DCA before.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Spirit = NK
Air Canada = AC
AirTran = FL

Ok I didn't know they where all still in A.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:04 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
JetBlueFA,

How do the other FA's feel about this partnership? Any rumors going around?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by haddon90
AS and CO are out of the hallway between A and B. I guess that's A? i have never flown out of that part of DCA before.
Nope...you clear security at B for CO, AS and F9 which operate from that section; same checkpoint as DL.
Being down at A is annoying for the extra 5 minutes to/from the Metro and because of the antiquated terminal facilities, but not really a surprise that those are the gates available and worthwhile for the sake of having operations at DCA.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
JetBlueFA,

How do the other FA's feel about this partnership? Any rumors going around?
To me it's just an interline deal. The same thing that every other airline has with each other. The ability to book flights on 2 seperate airlines with one ticket and the ability to transfer bags. However I just flew with an FO and FA that see this as a beginning of a planned buyout. The FA was/is former TWA and he and the FO went back and forth about this for the entire 4 days. The both said that in under 2 years we will be bought by AA and all of us will be out of jobs.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Nope...you clear security at B for CO, AS and F9 which operate from that section; same checkpoint as DL.
Being down at A is annoying for the extra 5 minutes to/from the Metro and because of the antiquated terminal facilities, but not really a surprise that those are the gates available and worthwhile for the sake of having operations at DCA.
So we will be right at home . The same could be said about T5 in JFK when walking from the AirTrain to Ticketing.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
The FA was/is former TWA and he and the FO went back and forth about this for the entire 4 days. The both said that in under 2 years we will be bought by AA and all of us will be out of jobs.
AA's treatment of TWA staff didn't seem too great but then TWA was bust when they acquired them and had little room to bargain. In the case of B6 I suspect the shoe might be very much on the other foot - as it stands today AA has zero chance of affording B6!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA1K
i think F9 got moved to A when NW moved to B.

and while the walk from the metro isn't fun, using DCA will be much easier then IAD. especially if they have flights to JFK.

i always fly out of midfield or US shuttle. i miss the legal seafoods.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
JetBlue just filed a $99 DCA-BOS fare and a $139 DCA-MCO fare, for travel after 01 Nov, booking before 05 May. Unless they're just fooling around, could they possibly be going to load DCA flights into the schedule before 05 May?

Washington-All Airports, DC (WAS) to Orlando, FL (ORL)

OLX57BN: One way instant purchase fares O, for one way fares

Category 2: DayTime
For -X57 type fares Permitted mon/tue/wed/thu/sat.

Category 4: Flights
For -N type fares The fare component must include travel from/to dca airport.

Category 5: ReservationsTicketing
Unless otherwise specified Reservations are required for all sectors. Waitlist not permitted. Ticketing must be completed by midnight 1 day after reservations are made.

Category 8: Stopovers
Unless otherwise specified No stopovers permitted. No stopover occurs if passenger takes next available flight within 5 hours.

Category 11: Blackouts
For -BN type fares Travel is not permitted 19NOV 10 through 29NOV 10.

Category 14: TravelRestrictions
Unless otherwise specified Valid for travel commencing on/after 01NOV 10. Travel on this fare component must commence by midnight on 15DEC 10.

Category 15: SalesRestrictions
Unless otherwise specified Tickets must be issued on/before 05MAY 10.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:51 pm

I have no idea if they'll load the schedules now or if they are just working on getting some fares published to signal their intentions. There are also fares published for CLT, FLL and JFK. There are not fares published for RDU, PWM, BTV or AUS. Those are the only ones I checked.

Hard to believe they'd fly non-stop to 5 destinations with as few slots as they have, but maybe...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:05 am
Original Poster

I have no idea if they'll load the schedules now or if they are just working on getting some fares published to signal their intentions. There are also fares published for CLT, FLL and JFK. There are not fares published for RDU, PWM, BTV or AUS. Those are the only ones I checked.

Hard to believe they'd fly non-stop to 5 destinations with as few slots as they have, but maybe...
DCA Destinations are going to be announced today along with a flight schedule.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:09 am

DCA Destinations are going to be announced today along with a flight schedule.
7x daily DCA-BOS.
1x daily DCA-FLL.
1x daily DCA-MCO.

Just announced on the conf call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.