Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL announces summer 2023 international plans, A350-1000 on HND-JFK, new intl cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 19, 2024, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
Seat Map: https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/aircraft/conf/351.html

Rollout Schedule:

HND-JFK (JL5/6)
- Every other day from 2024-01-24
- Daily from 2024-02-01

HND-DFW (JL11/12)
- Every other day from 2024-04-17, except between 2024-07-01 and 2024-07-25.
- Daily from 2024-08-15

HND-JFK (JL3/4)
- JL4 Daily from 2024-07-01, except on July 3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24.
- JL3 Daily from 2024-07-02, except on July 4,7,10,13,16,19,22,25

HND-LHR (JL43/44)
- FY2024

A350 Production Status
By the end of FY2024, JAL expects to operate a total of 8 A350-1000’s
JAL expects to introduce 11 A350-1000’s by FY2025

Delivered
JA01WJ https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/610
JA02WJ https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/628
JA03WJ https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/635

In Production
JA04WJ https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/662

MSN670 https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/670
MSN676 https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/676
MSN679 https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/679
MSN683 https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/683
Print Wikipost

JAL announces summer 2023 international plans, A350-1000 on HND-JFK, new intl cabin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2024, 7:02 pm

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Probably the first business class review on JL006 by one of the Japanese youtubers.
- The headrest speaker works well according to him although not as good as having the noise-cancelling headsets

Old Jan 24, 2024, 7:38 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
That is the strangest looking footwell I have ever seen...
Here’s another one from the YouTube video @musashino22 posted. Unfortunately, JAL didn’t take advantage of the fuselage curvature and provide more footwell space and bed width for the window seats.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 24, 2024, 10:13 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Glad to have two F bookings on the new A350. Honestly though, from these pictures, glad to have zero J bookings. At 175cm and with a troubled left shoulder ever since a car accident, the width of The Room is a big winner for me when sleeping. Honestly, this new JAL seat looks no better, and possibly worse, than some Vantage XL deployments I've seen. And that's a mostly off the shelf product that wouldn't be falling apart at delivery time if they'd gone that route.

Also isn't The Room mostly just a Safran Fusio? Different part of Safran than the group making these seats? Fit and finish on ANA seems good.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Glad to have two F bookings on the new A350. Honestly though, from these pictures, glad to have zero J bookings. At 175cm and with a troubled left shoulder ever since a car accident, the width of The Room is a big winner for me when sleeping. Honestly, this new JAL seat looks no better, and possibly worse, than some Vantage XL deployments I've seen. And that's a mostly off the shelf product that wouldn't be falling apart at delivery time if they'd gone that route.

Also isn't The Room mostly just a Safran Fusio? Different part of Safran than the group making these seats? Fit and finish on ANA seems good.
​​​​​​
The Room and Q Suites are indeed Safran Fusio. I am not sure if that is made by Safran UK as well.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 11:10 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
The Room and Q Suites are indeed Safran Fusio. I am not sure if that is made by Safran UK as well.
Qsuite is B/E -> Rockwell Collins -> Collins Aerospace, not Safran.

Also looking into it, the Fusio is actually way older than its usage by ANA. It was demoed in 2015 and it was actually a Zodiac product before Safran bought them. Might explain some of why it seems to be holding up better.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Qsuite is B/E -> Rockwell Collins -> Collins Aerospace, not Safran.

Also looking into it, the Fusio is actually way older than its usage by ANA. It was demoed in 2015 and it was actually a Zodiac product before Safran bought them. Might explain some of why it seems to be holding up better.
Zodiac was a French company, so I guess they are Safran FR these days, but the JAL seats are from Safran UK. But also pre and post pandemic....?

Oh, I thought QS and TR was the same bones live and learn.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Could you imagine being on that flight surrounded by so many vloggers yapping into their phones and cameras for the whole flight? Lol

The guy in the video posted by Musashino raves about the seat. I have to say it does look fantastic. Some might find the footwell a bit narrow, but I think it looks just wide enough for me to be comfortable. Probably wider than the footwell on ANA's newest seat. The bed is also noticeably longer than the Sky Suite bed. I have a trip booked through DFW this summer in PY on the outbound and J on the return, and if the A350 is on the route by then I'm seriously considering buying up to J on the outbound.
Morkai likes this.

Last edited by Unimatrix One; Jan 25, 2024 at 5:56 am
Old Jan 25, 2024, 6:15 am

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Youtuber Onoda who flew first class just uploaded his video. He confirmed that he paid 2M JPY for this trip. Hopefully it was worth it especially for the views his video will get. ;-)

Mizunara and OWF_NYC_SIN like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:07 am

More detailed Business Class Review (in Japanese) - 2hrs ++

Premium Economy Short Review JFK - HND (in Japanese)

OWF_NYC_SIN likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by musashino22
Youtuber Onoda who flew first class just uploaded his video. He confirmed that he paid 2M JPY for this trip. Hopefully it was worth it especially for the views his video will get. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeiXfl0LLo
Um, if you start watching this video around the 24 minute mark, you will see that the lighting above the screen is relatively normal but then the screen casing is jostled forward during takeoff which is how much of the lighting becomes covered. In fact, it almost falls forward around 24:43. I'm pretty sure that's not the intended effect!
Maserati506 likes this.

Last edited by Morkai; Jan 25, 2024 at 9:02 am
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:58 am

That J footwell looks atrocious to my 31cm beasts. No thanks. Look fwd to a couple F flights in November.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by musashino22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeiXfl0LLo
Does anyone have a time stamp on him testing out the speakers which has generated so much discussion here/?
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Morkai
Um, if you start watching this video around the 24 minute mark, you will see that the lighting above the screen is relatively normal but then the screen casing is jostled forward during takeoff which is how much of the lighting becomes covered. In fact, it almost falls forward around 24:43. I'm pretty sure that's not the intended effect!
Pretty shoddy quality from Safran.

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Does anyone have a time stamp on him testing out the speakers which has generated so much discussion here/?
Too excruciatingly long to search for that..... Or watch it all.
SFO777 and Maserati506 like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:55 pm

For English Speakers, here is a new video and the built-in speaker test is around the 40min mark. Enjoy

flyjfk likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 4:21 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by thecowgoesmoo
Based on the tracks and rails present it looks like it should be possible to push the cabinet that the table comes out of back into the cubby after the table has been pulled out. This would then allow access to the aisle. Whether that's easy or not depends on how much effort is required to move the cabinet while holding the table in place.

Theoretically it would be possible to include a series of cogs and cams that keep the opened table in place as the cabinet is pushed in or pulled out, but that would introduce additional points of failure that could complicate an evacuation...
Based on the YouTube video posted, yes you will be able to get out easily just like how you describe, but it doesn't apply to your companion. Just make sure he/she go to the bathroom beforehand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.