Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

"Manage my booking" not working on JAL website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Manage my booking" not working on JAL website?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2023, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by TWA884
Same here. If you call JAL and provide them with the JL confirmation number, which does show up in the AA app, they can see your PNR but are unable to "touch" it.
JL was able to work on mine, as they changed seats. My issue is I cant even open it on their app or website. I dont get what is going on.

And no success for me on seeing the seats I have on AA site. Not on app and not on desk top either. This is for multiple partner reservations, not just the JL one.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
JL was able to work on mine, as they changed seats. My issue is I cant even open it on their app or website. I dont get what is going on.

And no success for me on seeing the seats I have on AA site. Not on app and not on desk top either. This is for multiple partner reservations, not just the JL one.

From the JAL FAQ (International Flights):
Q: How can I verify my upcoming trip on Japan Airlines?
A: To view an existing reservation, please access www.ar.jal.co.jp. (Note: Waitlisted flights cannot be viewed through the website. Itineraries which do not include any JAL Marketed International flights cannot be viewed through the website. Other restrictions may also apply.)
---
* If your reservation includes only American Airlines Marketed flights operated by Japan Airlines, please contact American Airlines for reconfirmation or seat assignments.

Q: My flight is marketed by American Airlines (AA8000's flight number) but operated by Japan Airlines. Can I retrieve my reservation through JAL website?
A: American Airlines marketed flights operated by Japan Airlines cannot be viewed by the "Manage Booking" function on the website. The only way to view your reservation is by accessing aa.com. In order to request seat assignments and meals for your American Airlines marketed flights operated by Japan Airlines, please contact your travel agency who issued your ticket or contact American Airlines directly in order to assign the seats or request your meal. The other option would be to select your seats during the Online check-in process which is available within 24 hours of departure.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
I'm also not able to access my AA codeshare with JAL (SAN-NRT) in Manage My Booking. 2A in the 788 appears blocked rather than occupied on Expertflyer in both directions, but AA tells me that someone is sitting there and they are unable to assign it to me. I called JAL and they said that my OWE status is showing up correctly on their end, but only AA can touch my booking. Any way to get assignments for OWE seats when booked on an AA codeshare?
Old Oct 2, 2023, 5:23 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by tansam
I'm also not able to access my AA codeshare with JAL (SAN-NRT) in Manage My Booking. 2A in the 788 appears blocked rather than occupied on Expertflyer in both directions, but AA tells me that someone is sitting there and they are unable to assign it to me. I called JAL and they said that my OWE status is showing up correctly on their end, but only AA can touch my booking. Any way to get assignments for OWE seats when booked on an AA codeshare?
Only way is to assign via AA or wait till check-in. JAL won't touch it if the flight is AA coded.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Only way is to assign via AA or wait till check-in. JAL won't touch it if the flight is AA coded.
Understood, but AA is unable -- so basically seats reserved for OWE are never available when booked through a codeshare?
Old Oct 2, 2023, 5:45 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Understood, but AA is unable -- so basically seats reserved for OWE are never available when booked through a codeshare?
Having OWE status alone does not automatically unblock all seats. Seat availability depends on fare, status, flight, marketing carrier, etc.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 5:58 pm

I would say try a few different AA agents. Last time I flew SAN-NRT as an AA OWE with an AA flight number, I was able to select row 1 and 2 window sides. I booked via AMEX, and it took a few HUCA's to reach an agent who knew how to do it right. A similar thing seems to apply to AA agents meaning not all agents know how to do this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by kentauta
I would say try a few different AA agents. Last time I flew SAN-NRT as an AA OWE with an AA flight number, I was able to select row 1 and 2 window sides. I booked via AMEX, and it took a few HUCA's to reach an agent who knew how to do it right. A similar thing seems to apply to AA agents meaning not all agents know how to do this.
Thank you! Will give it another try with AA then, but so far the ExPlat desk has not been helpful. I would think they would know how to do this, if it is generally possible.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Interesting.. My flight is actually just HND-GMP flight #95. I dont know if I am doing something wrong or what but I cant bring it up on JL's site.

And no seats are showing for any AA partner reservation still (in app or on desk to) but that is far less conerning since I can go on QR, RJ & CX and see my seats. However for my JL one I cant get in.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:56 pm

I was running into some issues trying to pull up my AA award (using the JAL PNR). Just ORD-HND-HKG on JAL, no codeshare segments.

If I clicked the Manage booking link from https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/inter/change/ (one of the first links that come up when you Google), it never finds my reservation. But basically every other link (e.g. https://www.jal.co.jp/ar/en/ and https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/) works. This was especially confusing because it seems like all the links take you to the same page.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by injust
I was running into some issues trying to pull up my AA award (using the JAL PNR). Just ORD-HND-HKG on JAL, no codeshare segments.

If I clicked the Manage booking link from https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/inter/change/ (one of the first links that come up when you Google), it never finds my reservation. But basically every other link (e.g. https://www.jal.co.jp/ar/en/ and https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/) works. This was especially confusing because it seems like all the links take you to the same page.
Wow well that did it. Thats crazy. Thanks so much for posting this. I dont get it but JL website has always been weird to me and the least user friendly.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Wow well that did it. Thats crazy. Thanks so much for posting this. I dont get it but JL website has always been weird to me and the least user friendly.
Yeah I guess the important thing is to ensure you're on the global site (https://www.jal.co.jp/ar/en/) and not on the Japanese one (https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/).

Although the least they could do is come up with a more useful error message...
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by goldengate
I have used the JAL website many times since posting this thread and the issue is that there are MULTIPLE "manage my booking" landing pages on their site, and only one works to pull up international itineraries.
You have to go to this link:
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/

and then select "manage bookings" and then "international flights" (not award flights) and it will work.

Their website is a complete disaster and even google is confused. Google results point to a myriad of pages, some of which aren't even active anymore.
Ah I wish I had seen this sooner!

Although probably best to use the global site instead of the Japanese one I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.