Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurants in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Restaurants in Rome

I'm accompanying my wife on a business trip to Rome in April. She has a company dinner schedule; I'm not invited. Can anyone recomment a good locale for solo dining? (I can get just about anywhere, and can handle the language)
Old Feb 16, 2005, 4:09 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I personally would just grab a slice of pizza or a panini and some gelato and sit on the spanish steps or near the Trevi fountain and watch people.

There was a great little restaurant we ran into one night when we got lost on the way to Piazza Navona...but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. I'll look through my stuff and see if I have the card.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:55 am

Why don't you ask the moderator to move this over to Community? Then you can announce a FlyerTalk "do" in April in Rome!
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by missydarlin
I personally would just grab a slice of pizza or a panini and some gelato and sit on the spanish steps or near the Trevi fountain and watch people.

There was a great little restaurant we ran into one night when we got lost on the way to Piazza Navona...but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. I'll look through my stuff and see if I have the card.
I agree ... or Piazza di Popolo or Trastevere ... there are many nice restaurants where you are never "alone"...

May be that helps ... http://www.restaurantsomh.com/rome.htm#
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
It's not a restaurant, but right off Camo de Fiori, but Lot 87 is a great little bar for an after-dinner drink.

I'd go there for a drink if as suggested you grab a slice, wander and people watch.

It's at Via del Pellegrino 87, ask for my friend Riccardo who runs the bar.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:48 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
I'd recommend someplace casual with a lot of people--there's a good enoteca almost anywhere in town, and you could ask your wife to join you there when her event is done. If you're near the Spanish Steps, there's a place we went to a few times at the intersection of Condotti and Bocca di Leone. I never knew the name, but they had a lot of different wines by the glass, a great selection of antipasti, and a good attitude behind the bar (sit there, not at a table). I thought I could find the name tonight by doing a little research; it might be called L'Enoteca Antica, but I'm really not sure. There are good places in Campo di Fiori and Piazza Navona as well--have a few bites, enjoy a few sips, and soak up the energy!
Old Mar 25, 2007, 4:43 pm
hng

Rome Breakfast

I am not a fan of hotel food. I would like to avoid the usually bland breakfast buffet offered by hotels during my visit to Rome next month. I would appreciate any recommendations for good breakfast places in the areas of Piazza Barberini, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountains, Vatican or the Pantheon. Thanks so much!
Old Mar 26, 2007, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just step out of the hotel and stop at the first bar. various italian coffee mixes and a few pastries and the start of the lunch sandwiches. they will aslo have liquor, but look beyond that. if the first one does not, check out the second one.

sitting will cost twice the price of standing.

one block off the main drag will cut the price considerably.

the bar is the italian word for cafe.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pizza and/or gelato for breakfast...yum.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 9:47 am

Italians eat pretty small breakfasts.

Usually just a cafe e cornetto (croissant). All the more reason to prepare for a larger lunch!
Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus, Finnair Plus, Hertz Gold, Hilton Honors, Fairmont President's, Priority Club
Hi, I would suggest you Antico Caffè del Brasile in Via dei Serpenti, 23 near the Pantheon; my Roman friends took me there as there it's served the best coffee in Rome. Note that there's a barrier and you can't even see them making the coffee as it has to be kept secret
Old Dec 19, 2007, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
Restaurant New Year's Eve in Rome?

Any suggestions? I am looking for quaint, mid scale, excellent food and close to the spanish steps? Thanks LM
Old Dec 25, 2007, 3:42 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Just do a Google search for <restaurants near Spanish Steps Rome> and you'll find more than enough suggestions.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Rome Restaurant: Behind the Green Door?

A friend was talking about a trip to Rome he made awhile back, when he stayed at a hotel near the Colloseo. He said he was directed to a great resturant nearby (doesn't have the address and said the directions were of the "turn right then left" variety), which had no sign but had a green door. It was a little place where the staff spoke mostly Italian, and there was no menu, simply a dinner of the day served to everyone at the same time. Ring any bells?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:18 am

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
Good Restaurants - Rome?

GOOD RESTAURANTS - ROME?

any suggestions from roman people who appreciate great italian cuccina?

thanks a lot

NB i don t wanna go bunkrupt though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.