sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Authentic Food, Affordably Priced Testaccio Restaurant: Tuttifrutti

Awhile back I started a thread that nowhere:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy...testaccio.html

where I vaguely remembered a night out in Rome in 2003:

Originally Posted by sk3
...On one of my trips I was taken to a club, (the Latin Club?) in the Testaccio. Before the club we went to a place for dinner in the Aventine (called Tutti Frutti??). When I got back to my hotel (Westin Excelsior - THAT atleast I remember!) I chatted with one of the Front Desk agents. She seemed very impressed that I'd been out like a "real" Roman and that thrilled me. ...
Since that posting I've seen this restaurant "Tuttifrutti" mentioned as a favorite on SlowTravel and with the amazing internet found some more reviews and info that's jogged my memory. It WAS a really nice dining experience and I recommend it for great food and the non-touristy environment with a young lively crowd. (I didn't pay, I was with my date and 2 other couples, but it seemed extremely affordably priced).

This first site, Chowhound, describes it best (second paragraph) and offers additional restaurant recommendations:
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/371089
You'll read here that it's a Food Club, and I remember now I had to fill out a registration card. I'm completely guessing here (and I mean no disrespect) but I bet this is set up like it is to avoid getting some kind of permit. And this writeup reminded me that we started with the pizzelle also and it was yummy. Although I'm still unfortunately fuzzy about what else I had).

TripAdvisor's Tuttifrutti listing

This site, Stanitalia, gives a nice background to Testaccio, and includes Tuttifrutti in its several Testaccio restaurants reviews

This gives a listing of some other Testaccio places along with Tuttifrutti

Google map with location for Tuttifrutti

Edited to add another review which seems most current:
TimeOut Rome (Critics Choice) February 2010

Last edited by sk3; Sep 25, 2010 at 6:49 pm Reason: added yet another link
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:56 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
(Trying to help consolidate - since this board doesn't have a moderator to merge threads)

Here's a thread with many dining suggestions:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy...excelsior.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.