Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Rome

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurants in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 3:03 am

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
guys - you are great - looks like this time my stay in rome will be filled with 'happy food'

rome can be very disceptive
Old Apr 19, 2008, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA 3MM, PLT
La Piazzetta, vicolo del Buon Consiglio 23a, 06 6991640, a short walk from the Forum. Superb antipasti and pastas, great fish, nice terrace -- almost the perfect Roman trattoria.
Old May 21, 2008, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Sora Margherita

link: http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/...092464,00.html
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
thai restaurant in Rome?

Any suggestions? Looking for good thai food reasonably centrally located. Thank you!
Old Oct 3, 2008, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
"Go Thai" is situated on the Via Cesare Baronio. It isn't exactly "centrally located" but then again not many people in central Rome are looking for Thai food.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 9:19 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
going to Rome in a couple weeks, bump.....
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
I like Sor'eva in piazza della Rovere, near the Vatican

I also like Abruzzis, near the PUG.

Dave
Old Nov 16, 2008, 1:25 pm

We really liked Da Fabrizio (Via di Santa Dorotea, in Trastevere).

Fancier/touristier places we also enjoyed:
  • Da Paris (Piazza di S. Calisto, a few steps from S. Maria in Trastevere)
  • Edy (Vic. del Babuino ? - near Piazza di Spagna)

ivk5

Last edited by ivk5; Nov 16, 2008 at 1:26 pm Reason: remove stray icon
Old Nov 20, 2008, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
I was just in Rome about a week and a half ago and can make a couple recommendations.

My first would be La Fontanella Borghese near Piazza Borghese (which is close to the Spanish Steps). I highly recommend the vanilla soufle as a desert.

Also, Life (also near the Spanish Steps) was great for lunch.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 10:23 am

Programs: ba lifetime gold, MAS gold, hhonors gold
a good place for dinner in Rome on New years eve

Not sure if this is the right forum but no doubt the mods will get the cattle prod out if necesary. We are spending a few days in Rome over new year and are trying to decide where to have dinner on new years eve. Looking for somewhere with a bit of buzz (but not too much), traditional food, and reasonably handy for Piazza del popolo where I gather it all happens. Can anyone advise?
Old Dec 15, 2008, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
please continue to follow this thread in our italy forum

regards,

chrissxb
europe forum
Old Mar 21, 2009, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Good "Cheap" eats in Rome?

Hello All,

My GF and I will be traveling to Rome next week Wednesday - Sunday. We purchased tickets on DL from TPA-FCO-TPA for under $500 AI each. I then used some HH Points to book a room at the Rome Cavalieri.

With that said, we'd like to keep expenses during the trip to a minimum. From my experience, most of our money goes to food when we travel.

Any suggestions on GOOD budget restaurants / eats?

Much thanks
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:42 am

There is small chain of restaurants called L'Insalata Ricca. Their specialty is about 30 salads big enough to eat as a meal. They also offer pasta, meat & fish dishes, all items about 6-8 euro. Great for a light meal.

We usually eat a light lunch - a panini, salad or slice of piece of pizza and then a nice dinner.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Real grocery stores often have lots of take-out, pre-packaged salads, etc. Works well, especially if you have a room with a refrigerator, but those marble window sills and/or ice buckets work well to.

Sometimes the grocery stores are tricky to find when you are in a hotel downtown. There is a pretty good one right in Termini. Or you can resort to the trick of asking a little-old-lady obviously carrying grocery bags. Since I'm a little-old-lady myself, they usually decide to help me and give good directions. Might help if your GF did the asking? Directions are mostly in Italian, but with the pointing I usually can get closer. Sometimes takes a couple of sets of instructions, but I do find it. Some grocery stores are in the basements of big department stores. Not readily apparent at first.

Just plain house-brand grocery store Italian chocolate is great. One common one has a sort of cream and brown wrapper. Design in large triangles.

If you plan to do the grocery store approach, save that plastic airline "silver"-ware.

Most bakeries also have savory things - wonderful filled sandwiches and pizzas.

And I swear by the technique of finding places that have long lines of people waiting.

Romelle
Old Mar 22, 2009, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Romelle
Just plain house-brand grocery store Italian chocolate is great. One common one has a sort of cream and brown wrapper. Design in large triangles.
Are you sure you aren't talking about Toblerone, which is neither Italian nor a house-brand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.