Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways Volare (Skyteam) Status Match is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Airways Volare (Skyteam) Status Match is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:30 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by AndieNarwhal
I applied via the Status Match button, but originally sent the incorrect proof of AA Platinum Pro. I received an email from ITA saying I should send my info again to [email protected] with correct proof of Platinum Pro. I did so, and received an auto response saying the status match program ended on 12/31/2021. Now the status match button is no longer showing in my account area on the ITA website. No idea how to submit my information correctly. Has anyone successfully navigated a similar situation?
My situation is somewhat similar. After completing the on-line status match application, I received this email:

Status Match Confirmation

Dear XXXXX,
thank you for sending us your request to join the Status Match campaign in the ITA Airways Volare program. We are sorry to inform you that your request was not successful since your documentation is incomplete. Therefore, we invite you:
- to verify that your attached loyalty card is valid, legible and in pdf or jpg format
- to verify that your identity card is valid, legible and in pdf or jpg format
- to send your request again to [email protected].

Best regards,
ITA Airways
Status Match Team

*Script to be used only in the event of a change to an open case (i.e., sending further documentation because it is incomplete), the customer can complete the request using the status match email.

I've resent clear images of both my AA Platinum card (from iPhone app) and my passport. That was two weeks ago. No response of any kind yet, and no change in status after logging in to ITA Volare.

Still waiting....
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: ITA Executive
Originally Posted by RJ1
*Script to be used only in the event of a change to an open case (i.e., sending further documentation because it is incomplete), the customer can complete the request using the status match email.
Hilarious that they included this internal guidance note in their email to you. Doesn't inspire confidence about their general competence!
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: AA PPro
Successfully matched AA Platinum Pro to Executive tier. Not sure if it will do me much good directly but it lasts through January of 2024. So that is a long time to potentially have it for future status match opportunities.
Smuffe likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Am I really the only one in this situation? Was matched in-between matches until 01/2023 and have tried numerous times to match again just to get 01/2024. Every time I try to upload a file, no matter which format, I receive "invalid file" message.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SQ*G, QR Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alec84
Am I really the only one in this situation? Was matched in-between matches until 01/2023 and have tried numerous times to match again just to get 01/2024. Every time I try to upload a file, no matter which format, I receive "invalid file" message.
​​​​​​​The file size probably exceeds the limit. Try compressing your file.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just realised that today is the last day to sign up. Registered a FF account where there was a link to apply for the status match, but realised I didn't have a scan of my passport to hand. Just gone back in to upload the documents to discover the link in my account to the status match page has vanished! Is there an email account to apply to?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: ITA Executive, LH FTL, AT Silver
Try [email protected]
Smuffe likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: ITA Executive Per Sempre , LH Senator
Just got matched to Freccia Alata Plus Per sempre (Lifetime SkyTeam Elite Plus) , which is great.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by irena153
Just got matched to Freccia Alata Plus Per sempre (Lifetime SkyTeam Elite Plus) , which is great.
It's really true Alitalia (and MilleMiglia) is immortal
Smuffe and irena153 like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:52 pm

😂😂 I'm not even sure they have lifetime programs with ITA, are you sure?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:15 am

Yes, I cannot upload photo, but if it gets technically possible, I will send you screenshot. The expiration date has disappeared, and in the club section it mentions "Per sempre".
Smuffe likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:43 am

Yes, I cannot upload photo, but if it gets technically possible, I will send you screenshot. The expiration date has disappeared, and in the club section it mentions "Per sempre".
Crazy! Maybe you can use https://pasteboard.co/ and send me a private message, I'm just very curious! Thank you.

What did you match it with?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:55 pm

Here is the link:
pasteboard . co / OAolMkA7KTwF . png (delete spaces)
Well, I think they gave me the lifetime status because I uploaded multiple set of cards in one file, some of them were expired though (uploaded by mistake) etc. Now I am waiting for welcome kit.
Do you know if Executive (normal or lifetime) has upgrade vouchers to business class free of charge like for FrecciaAlata? Thanks!
Smuffe likes this.

Last edited by irena153; Apr 17, 2022 at 3:58 pm Reason: editation
Old Apr 17, 2022, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & Smiles, Volare, Eurobonus
Here is the link:
pasteboard . co / OAolMkA7KTwF . png (delete spaces)
Well, I think they gave me the lifetime status because I uploaded multiple set of cards in one file, some of them were expired though (uploaded by mistake) etc. Now I am waiting for welcome kit.
Do you know if Executive (normal or lifetime) has upgrade vouchers to business class free of charge like for FrecciaAlata? Thanks!
Nice! Congratulations!
Old Apr 18, 2022, 2:42 pm

I just reported it few months ago somewhere else here on FT that ITA was giving a lifetime status on a programme that hadn't (at the time I wrote it) started yet.
I think it's a world record
Smuffe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.