Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways Volare (Skyteam) Status Match is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Airways Volare (Skyteam) Status Match is back

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
did they really send out physical cards? I didn't receive anything.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: ITA Executive, LH FTL, AT Silver
Yep, both to national and international customers! Just give it time
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
Missed deadline - any tips?

I considered but opted against requesting a status match on Volare when the promotion was available. Since I have ST E+ status through Flying Blue, I saw no benefit in becoming a member of another ST fidelity programme.

Little did I know that AZ, despite joining ST from the get-go, would not be recognized for mileage accrual by other ST fidelity programmes.

Turns out I'm now booked on over 10 AZ flights in the coming months, both in Y and in J; domestic, European and intercontinental. I do not want to lose all those miles!

As far as I understand, no other ST partner is giving miles for flights flown on and marketed as AZ. So my only option seems to be to open a Volare account (please correct me if I'm mistaken). If I do open one, is there any chance I might still get a status match and enjoy E+ benefits? (I hold upper level elite benefits in all 3 alliances + other non-alliance airlines). How would you suggest I go about this one?

Any tips will be most welcome!
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: ITA Executive, LH FTL, AT Silver
Originally Posted by skyteamelite
I considered but opted against requesting a status match on Volare when the promotion was available. Since I have ST E+ status through Flying Blue, I saw no benefit in becoming a member of another ST fidelity programme.

Little did I know that AZ, despite joining ST from the get-go, would not be recognized for mileage accrual by other ST fidelity programmes.

Turns out I'm now booked on over 10 AZ flights in the coming months, both in Y and in J; domestic, European and intercontinental. I do not want to lose all those miles!

As far as I understand, no other ST partner is giving miles for flights flown on and marketed as AZ. So my only option seems to be to open a Volare account (please correct me if I'm mistaken). If I do open one, is there any chance I might still get a status match and enjoy E+ benefits? (I hold upper level elite benefits in all 3 alliances + other non-alliance airlines). How would you suggest I go about this one?

Hi,
I'm afraid your understanding of the situation is correct: presently, the Volare program has no integration whatsoever with any other SkyTeam partner: Volare miles cannot be credited to other ST programs , and viceversa. I'm afraid your only option is to open a Volare account in order not to lose those miles (even if right now they're quite useless anyway).
In addition to that, you could also plead your case to [email protected], sending proof of your statuses with all the other airlines, and see what happens: maybe you could stress the fact that your choice of travelling with ITA in the future depends on the match being granted...

Let us know!
skyteamelite likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by skyteamelite

during the second status match phase in April they stopped giving out status matches from other SkyTeam airlines.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
Originally Posted by ludomaster
Hi,
I'm afraid your understanding of the situation is correct: presently, the Volare program has no integration whatsoever with any other SkyTeam partner: Volare miles cannot be credited to other ST programs , and viceversa. I'm afraid your only option is to open a Volare account in order not to lose those miles (even if right now they're quite useless anyway).
In addition to that, you could also plead your case to [email protected], sending proof of your statuses with all the other airlines, and see what happens: maybe you could stress the fact that your choice of travelling with ITA in the future depends on the match being granted...

Let us know!
That's exactly what I was thinking of doing. I'll give it a shot.

Aware of any referral or sign-up bonuses by any chance?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:57 am

Hi,

Let us know!
Unfortunately that email address no longer seems to be functioning. It just sends out an automated reply saying the status match promotion is over... So I doubt that inbox is being monitored.

Anyone aware of any other email address to contact Volare?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Those are "qualifying" points. The actual points balance is still 0. I assume the qualifying points are just how they bumped up the status. What's interesting is that presumably this means someone who status matched to "premium" and got 60k could qualify for executive by earning just the 30k differential.
Has anyone had any positive developments of events regarding extension of status. I was matched in-between the matches in February and have an expiration date of 1.1.2023. I have tried to contact ITA in order to have the match extended until 01/2024 as many/most/all? of those who were matched in the spring received but with no luck. However, I do have 90 000 qualifying points, which might mean something.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Applied with a ticket booked in December. Took about 7 days for the Match to come through. Valid until 1-1-2024 :-)
UA Gold - Volare Premium
Smuffe likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Applied with a ticket booked in December. Took about 7 days for the Match to come through. Valid until 1-1-2024 :-)
UA Gold - Volare Premium
How did you apply, given the notes above about the email address? Can you please share - I have flights in Dec/Jan and would love to get the match from UA 1K as well. Thank you!
Old Nov 9, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Plat, Marriott Ambassador (LP), Hilton Diamond
It seems like the status match offer ended on the 20th of September. I was able to get a match with my TK card.
https://www.ita-airways.com/en_gb/vo...romotions.html
Old Dec 12, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Another option could be that they're using these Qualifying Points, that should expire in 2023, to extend the status for another year.
I have been wondering about this too - my app shows a "Qualifying points balance" of 90,000 and I do wonder if that means my status will renew for one more year. The card in the app says "Expiry date 2023-01" and I received my Club Executive status in December 2021. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have not yet been able to make use of it.

Some of my January 2023 travel will take me through MAD/CDG/AMS and I'm tempted to book those flights with SkyTeam airlines to at least use the status a few times. Knowing for sure that expiry 2023-01 means 31 January 2023 would help me decide - do you read the expiry in the same way?
Alec84 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
I have been wondering about this too - my app shows a "Qualifying points balance" of 90,000 and I do wonder if that means my status will renew for one more year. The card in the app says "Expiry date 2023-01" and I received my Club Executive status in December 2021. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have not yet been able to make use of it.

Some of my January 2023 travel will take me through MAD/CDG/AMS and I'm tempted to book those flights with SkyTeam airlines to at least use the status a few times. Knowing for sure that expiry 2023-01 means 31 January 2023 would help me decide - do you read the expiry in the same way?
I am curious too to see what happens to that "Qualifying points balance" after Jan 2023... but since there's no thing as a free lunch and I don't have a high opinion of ITA, I expect them to disappear without a word.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
"We have a gift for you" email

I just got an email from ITA saying they’re going to extend my status till Dec 31st, 2023!
I did status match around this time last year.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: TK*G
Just received (translated)

Thank you for choosing to be part of our Volare loyalty program in this special year.

More than twelve months have passed since the launch of the program, months full of news and initiatives designed for our members: promotions, new features and the entry of exclusive partners.

We have decided to dedicate a special gift to you who have accompanied us until today.

For the entire duration of next year, until 12/31/2023, you will maintain your level within the program and continue to enjoy the benefits of the Club Premium.

To discover all the advantages reserved for you, visit the page on our official website.

We can't wait to accompany you in the new year with lots of surprises and news.

Happy Holidays,
The Flying Team
yellow_peril likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.