Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways Volare (Skyteam) Status Match is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & Smiles, Volare, Eurobonus

ITA has renewed its status match.

Link to ITA Airways status match is here.

From Premium Flights:

As ITA Airways is a member of Skyteam, this might be an opportunity for you to receive a Skyteam status.

You can match from the following airlines:
  • Aerolíneas Argentinas
  • Air Europa
  • Alitalia
  • Air France/KLM
  • American Airlines
  • ANA
  • British Airways
  • Czech Airlines
  • Delta Airlines
  • EL Al
  • Emirates
  • Iberia
  • Korean Air
  • Lufthansa
  • Middle East Airlines
  • Qatar Airways
  • Royal Jordanian
  • Saudia
  • Singapore Airlines
  • Swiss Air
  • TAP
  • Tarom
  • Turkish Airlines
  • United Airlines
The status match is available until April 15.

Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:02 am

if only it was usable on sky team partners..
Jma12, Marschel and DeclanIrl like this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:58 am

Anyone successfully matched using American? I sent a screenshot of my account page which contained my AA status and they didn't accept it and said I need to resubmit my "loyalty card". What screen did others use for submitting AA loyalty card?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:54 pm

i just applied using a "print to PDF" of the main page. It clearly shows my name/AA#/status. so not sure what else they could need/want. i'll update you when I get a response.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & Smiles, Volare, Eurobonus
I just read that they also match from Delta.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:34 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by AndieNarwhal
Anyone successfully matched using American? I sent a screenshot of my account page which contained my AA status and they didn't accept it and said I need to resubmit my "loyalty card". What screen did others use for submitting AA loyalty card?
Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018
i just applied using a "print to PDF" of the main page. It clearly shows my name/AA#/status. so not sure what else they could need/want. i'll update you when I get a response.
I did the same thing and sent a PDF of the account page, and also received the email that it wasn't sufficient. I've now sent a JPG of my AA card from my iPhone wallet. We'll see if that works. I don't have a physical card.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Did my application to match BA Gold Saturday, got confirmation back in an hour or so. Got email & digital card for Skyteam elite Plus this morning. Valid for 2 years as well.

I’d sent them a .pdf I got from the BA site.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Their web tool is busted, says to submit ID front and back in .jpg, .pdf, or .png formats. I've tried .jpg and .png and it says file type not supported. No way of emailing them. I'm going to try a different browser.

EDIT: No dice, and they also have American's top elite tier mis-labeled as "Premier 1K" instead of Executive Platinum.

EDIT: ....and their support page is broken as well. It asks for a reason/topic (required) from a drop-down menu but then doesn't have anything to select, so you can't submit a ticket.

Last edited by ajf87; Mar 22, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:49 am

Update- AA match

success. Now just waiting to see where they placed me. I’m PLATINUM w AA. the email said I would receive more info shortly.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:33 am

success. Now just waiting to see where they placed me. I’m PLATINUM w AA. the email said I would receive more info shortly.
This might be a good datapoint for you. ITA matched my AA Platinum to Volare Premium back in December.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:47 am

That’s One World Sapphire so you should get Skyteam Elite level or Volare Club Premium
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:19 am

I got the match, if I'm US based an generally fly delta on their economy (main cabin) domestic fares is there anything substantial I'm getting out of this status now? Don't ever do checked bags and have tsapre/clear already.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
That’s One World Sapphire so you should get Skyteam Elite level or Volare Club Premium
My OWS match last year gave Volare Premium/Skyteam Elite Plus.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by ft101
My OWS match last year gave Volare Premium/Skyteam Elite Plus.
You may well be right as I just noticed Premiun & Executive both seem to show as Elite Plus
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SQ*G, QR Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just matched my SQ*G to Volare Premium (ST Elite Plus).

I'm very glad that I had the chance to get the status of the 3 major alliances at a very low cost:
Shangri-La GC Jade -> SQ Gold -> QR Gold + Volare Premium
Smuffe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.