FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   ITA Airways | Volare (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ita-airways-volare-777/)
-   -   ITA Airways Volare (Skyteam) Status Match is back (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ita-airways-volare/2072464-ita-airways-volare-skyteam-status-match-back.html)

Smuffe Mar 19, 2022 6:01 am

ITA Airways Volare (Skyteam) Status Match is back

ITA has renewed its status match.

Link to ITA Airways status match is here.

From Premium Flights:

As ITA Airways is a member of Skyteam, this might be an opportunity for you to receive a Skyteam status.

You can match from the following airlines:
  • Aerolíneas Argentinas
  • Air Europa
  • Alitalia
  • Air France/KLM
  • American Airlines
  • ANA
  • British Airways
  • Czech Airlines
  • Delta Airlines
  • EL Al
  • Emirates
  • Iberia
  • Korean Air
  • Lufthansa
  • Middle East Airlines
  • Qatar Airways
  • Royal Jordanian
  • Saudia
  • Singapore Airlines
  • Swiss Air
  • TAP
  • Tarom
  • Turkish Airlines
  • United Airlines
The status match is available until April 15.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6748d01baa.jpg

sashimibiz Mar 20, 2022 12:02 am

if only it was usable on sky team partners..

AndieNarwhal Mar 21, 2022 10:58 am

Anyone successfully matched using American? I sent a screenshot of my account page which contained my AA status and they didn't accept it and said I need to resubmit my "loyalty card". What screen did others use for submitting AA loyalty card?

InfrequentFlyer2018 Mar 21, 2022 1:54 pm

i just applied using a "print to PDF" of the main page. It clearly shows my name/AA#/status. so not sure what else they could need/want. i'll update you when I get a response.

Smuffe Mar 22, 2022 7:14 am

I just read that they also match from Delta.

RJ1 Mar 22, 2022 7:34 am

Originally Posted by AndieNarwhal (Post 34094285)
Anyone successfully matched using American? I sent a screenshot of my account page which contained my AA status and they didn't accept it and said I need to resubmit my "loyalty card". What screen did others use for submitting AA loyalty card?

Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018 (Post 34094753)
i just applied using a "print to PDF" of the main page. It clearly shows my name/AA#/status. so not sure what else they could need/want. i'll update you when I get a response.

I did the same thing and sent a PDF of the account page, and also received the email that it wasn't sufficient. I've now sent a JPG of my AA card from my iPhone wallet. We'll see if that works. I don't have a physical card.

DorsetKnob Mar 22, 2022 10:10 am

Did my application to match BA Gold Saturday, got confirmation back in an hour or so. Got email & digital card for Skyteam elite Plus this morning. Valid for 2 years as well.

I’d sent them a .pdf I got from the BA site.

ajf87 Mar 22, 2022 1:23 pm

Their web tool is busted, says to submit ID front and back in .jpg, .pdf, or .png formats. I've tried .jpg and .png and it says file type not supported. No way of emailing them. I'm going to try a different browser.

EDIT: No dice, and they also have American's top elite tier mis-labeled as "Premier 1K" instead of Executive Platinum.

EDIT: ....and their support page is broken as well. It asks for a reason/topic (required) from a drop-down menu but then doesn't have anything to select, so you can't submit a ticket.

InfrequentFlyer2018 Mar 23, 2022 1:49 am

Update- AA match

Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018 (Post 34094753)

success. Now just waiting to see where they placed me. I’m PLATINUM w AA. the email said I would receive more info shortly.

jihkim7 Mar 23, 2022 10:33 am

Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018 (Post 34099004)
success. Now just waiting to see where they placed me. I’m PLATINUM w AA. the email said I would receive more info shortly.

This might be a good datapoint for you. ITA matched my AA Platinum to Volare Premium back in December.

DorsetKnob Mar 23, 2022 10:47 am

Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018 (Post 34099004)

That’s One World Sapphire so you should get Skyteam Elite level or Volare Club Premium

nomiiiii Mar 23, 2022 11:19 am

I got the match, if I'm US based an generally fly delta on their economy (main cabin) domestic fares is there anything substantial I'm getting out of this status now? Don't ever do checked bags and have tsapre/clear already.

ft101 Mar 23, 2022 11:25 am

Originally Posted by DorsetKnob (Post 34100060)
That’s One World Sapphire so you should get Skyteam Elite level or Volare Club Premium

My OWS match last year gave Volare Premium/Skyteam Elite Plus.

DorsetKnob Mar 23, 2022 11:53 am

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 34100161)
My OWS match last year gave Volare Premium/Skyteam Elite Plus.

You may well be right as I just noticed Premiun & Executive both seem to show as Elite Plus

pchanxx Mar 23, 2022 4:18 pm

Just matched my SQ*G to Volare Premium (ST Elite Plus).

I'm very glad that I had the chance to get the status of the 3 major alliances at a very low cost:
Shangri-La GC Jade -> SQ Gold -> QR Gold + Volare Premium