Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways Volare (Skyteam) Status Match is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Airways Volare (Skyteam) Status Match is back

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I just got an email from ITA saying they’re going to extend my status till Dec 31st, 2023!
I did status match around this time last year.
they had three waves of status match - in the first wave you received status until 01/23 - the second wave in spring had 01/24 as expiry date.

ITA sends out different mails to status matchers of the first and following waves. - those that had expiry date 01/23 got 12/23 as new expiry and those who matched in wave 2 just received a "happy holidays" mail
jms_uk likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
they had three waves of status match - in the first wave you received status until 01/23 - the second wave in spring had 01/24 as expiry date.

ITA sends out different mails to status matchers of the first and following waves. - those that had expiry date 01/23 got 12/23 as new expiry and those who matched in wave 2 just received a "happy holidays" mail
Also got an email today. I had expiry date 01/23 😉

For the entire duration of next year, until December 31st 2023, you will maintain your level within the program and continue to enjoy the benefits of Club Executive.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Nice gift - top ST tier for another year, without even being able to credit flights to ITA. But the lounge access is useful
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I had my status extended, does it actually work with Skyteam now?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Same mail for me, husband and daughter. I expect one for my son too.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Pleasant news. I didn't use my ITA level once the past year, but nice to have.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: ITA Executive
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE

I was a first wave status match person, so have been extended from a Jan 2023 expiry to a Dec 2023. But I have to say I don't really appreciate the "we have a gift for you" tone of the email.... I earned 129k qualifying points in 2022, so I was entitled to maintain my status thank you very much! Indeed, slightly aggrieved it's not extended until 31 March 2024.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:34 pm

I wonder if LH buys ITA whether there's any chance people with Volare status will end up with LH status. I suppose it would take years before anything like that happened though.
Squerez likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by zkzkz
I wonder if LH buys ITA whether there's any chance people with Volare status will end up with LH status. I suppose it would take years before anything like that happened though.
With recent LH acquisitions the airline has already been using Miles and Much Less so I guess it goes back to the acquisition of Swiss for a different programme and at the time, they did comp on the basis of the status held so I went from Qualflyer to M&M on the same status then for two years but I believe they have just reduced status to having to qualify every year in future. There are much easier *Gs to achieve especially as M&M moves to a revenue based programme.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Also got an email today. I had expiry date 01/23 😉

For the entire duration of next year, until December 31st 2023, you will maintain your level within the program and continue to enjoy the benefits of Club Executive.
Had the same email, with the same original 01/23 expiry date of my Premium status.

Has anyone seen new expiry dates reflected in their account/app yet?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by cafeamsterdam
Had the same email, with the same original 01/23 expiry date of my Premium status.

Has anyone seen new expiry dates reflected in their account/app yet?
The app and website are still showing my old status expiry - January 2023. Hopefully it gets reflected soon
cafeamsterdam and romans like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:46 am

I call Volare hotline yesterday night and was told they are in the process of extending the validity of all Volare cards which got extended - will be reflected in the App by end of Jan.

By the way, I made a reservation using my Flying Blue miles and tried to add my Volare card - did not work. I called the FlyingBlue call center and they managed it: they removed the Flying Blue FF from the reservation and replaced it with my Volare Premium (SkyTeam Elite Plus) manually. Now, my reservation is showing some SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits (such as a second checked luggage for free), but strange enough lounge access is not showing as complimentary.

Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by fil_87
I call Volare hotline yesterday night and was told they are in the process of extending the validity of all Volare cards which got extended - will be reflected in the App by end of Jan.

By the way, I made a reservation using my Flying Blue miles and tried to add my Volare card - did not work. I called the FlyingBlue call center and they managed it: they removed the Flying Blue FF from the reservation and replaced it with my Volare Premium (SkyTeam Elite Plus) manually. Now, my reservation is showing some SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits (such as a second checked luggage for free), but strange enough lounge access is not showing as complimentary.

I also got the same answer from Twitter: "within the end of January, you al will be aligned".

I really hope all goes well as I have just booked a flight with KLM for summer
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Executive Status now showing as extended until 01/2024 in my app

Bring on a Miles & More status match
Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Executive Status now showing as extended until 01/2024 in my app

Same for me. They updated it this morning.

Bring on a Miles & More status match
EDDLEGLL likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.