Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 10:42 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 336
Friday/Saturday only. Not even exceptions allowed in regions were the weekend is on other nights.
I was able to book a Saturday/Sunday in Hong Kong.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by Matthew330Ci
Nevermind. clarified my own question.
Do you have to hit a certain number of posts to see it because i still don't see anything, was that your question?
Old May 10, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
Originally Posted by snevillio
Do you have to hit a certain number of posts to see it because i still don't see anything, was that your question?
That question is still open and I still don't see that forum. I asked a different question which I found out the answer myself which I forget what the question was. I'm thinking we need to hit 180 posts in addition to being a member for 180 days.
Old May 11, 2016, 6:20 pm

That question is still open and I still don't see that forum. I asked a different question which I found out the answer myself which I forget what the question was. I'm thinking we need to hit 180 posts in addition to being a member for 180 days.
I just hit 180 and now I see it. It is 180 days/180 posts.
Old May 11, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Be careful! If you make too many posts in a short time just to reach 180, esp. frivolous ones, you'll be locked out of the forum mentioned by SweetWillie, Miadukes, & Matthew330Ci! Probably long-term or even forever!
Old May 11, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
Be careful! If you make too many posts in a short time just to reach 180, esp. frivolous ones, you'll be locked out of the forum mentioned by SweetWillie, Miadukes, & Matthew330Ci! Probably long-term or even forever!
Thanks for the tip, I am anxiously waiting 15 more days or so and I can see it (ive been way over 180 posts for a while just need time!)!! lol
Old May 11, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by miadukes
Thanks for the tip, I am anxiously waiting 15 more days or so and I can see it (ive been way over 180 posts for a while just need time!)!! lol
rightly or wrongly, I was under impression that after CC forum reopened after the CC forum itself was temporarily suspended by its own moerators, that 'swapping' 'ihg bogo certs' for some other non-cash consideration is no longer allowed in CC
Old May 21, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I paid for my membership about two weeks and just received my Ambassador welcome packet in the mail. Unfortunately, the Free Night Certificate expires next month (06/2016). Should I call and request a new one or can I just use it over the next year or so?
Old May 21, 2016, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I paid for my membership about two weeks and just received my Ambassador welcome packet in the mail. Unfortunately, the Free Night Certificate expires next month (06/2016). Should I call and request a new one or can I just use it over the next year or so?
Get a new one obviously. That expiration date has to be a practical joke they are trying to pull on you.
Old May 21, 2016, 8:59 pm

That's interesting. I paid for my membership on 5/10/2016, received my welcome packet today (5/21), and my certificate has a 6/2017 expiration.

For some reason though, I thought I read that there was also a certificate for 5k points, but I don't see anything about that in there. maybe I misremember?
Old May 22, 2016, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
That's interesting. I paid for my membership on 5/10/2016, received my welcome packet today (5/21), and my certificate has a 6/2017 expiration.

For some reason though, I thought I read that there was also a certificate for 5k points, but I don't see anything about that in there. maybe I misremember?
My certificate is definitely for 6/2016. I have looked at the date four times now. The code for the 5000 points is in the welcome letter.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Get a new one obviously. That expiration date has to be a practical joke they are trying to pull on you.
I will call today and see if they believe me.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:39 pm

The code for the 5000 points is in the welcome letter.
That is what I keep hearing, but unless it is printed in invisible ink, I don't see it.

The content of my letter:

Dear Mr Qwkynuf,

Welcome to Spire Elite Ambassador.

I'm delighted to inform you that your continued loyalty, has resulted in an upgrade from Platinum Elite Ambassador to Spire Elite Ambassador status.

As a Spire Elite Ambassador you are part of our newest and most rewarding level within IHG Rewards Club - Spire Elite. You will now receive a 100% bonus on base points at all IHG hotels worldwide. Now and each year you achieve Spire Ambassador, you may CHOOSE between:

* An annual 25,000 bonus points
-OR-
* You may give a friend or family member an upgrade to Platinum Elite member status within IHG Rewards Club.

Visit www.ihg.com/rewardsclub to select your new reward, manage your account and to learn more.

Your new card is enclosed. Please remember to quote your membership number whenever you make a reservation. You can also view your card using our IHG App which is free to download, and visit ihg.com/mobileappamb to find out more. Use the App to easily find and book exclusive rates at over 5,000 IHG hotels around the world. You can also, manage your bookings, receive the latest news and offers and much more.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you soon as a Spire Elite Ambassador.

Yours Sincerely,

Ruth Negus
Director, InterContinental Ambassador

A couple of things to note -
The 2 misplaced commas are written that way in the letter. Doesn't anyone proofread anymore?

I was currently a Spire when I signed up for Ambassador. I earned Spire for 2016 late last year, and was 1 stay short of requalifying for 2017 at the time of the letter - so I am not sure where they got the "Platinum Ambassador" thing from. I haven't been Platinum anything since last November.
Old May 23, 2016, 12:20 pm

It seems like some recent signups are getting their packages in a couple of weeks, which is a welcome change! I signed up on 5/12, (but am Spire which seems to cause problems in delays/missing welcome packages) so we'll see if I get it soon.
Old May 23, 2016, 2:14 pm

It seems like some recent signups are getting their packages in a couple of weeks, which is a welcome change! I signed up on 5/12, (but am Spire which seems to cause problems in delays/missing welcome packages) so we'll see if I get it soon.
I signed up on 5/10 and received my Welcome Kit on 5/21. I was Spire for 2016 at sign up, one stay short of requalifying for 2017. The only other factor I can think of is that I have a US address, and maybe it doesn't take very long to ship from SLC to the PDX area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.