Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:36 am

is the jump to 50k permanent?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
is the jump to 50k permanent?
Until the next increase I'd say so.

Seems like there's too much variety in the hotels now in the top 50k category, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that maximum change.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by cmcbugg
Until the next increase I'd say so.

Seems like there's too much variety in the hotels now in the top 50k category, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that maximum change.
that screws over people, like myself, who are saving up points to get a full week on reward stays... i guess its always better to use the free points than to hold it year over year..
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:13 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
6 months ago Booked a 2-night stay (cheapest room) for early Feb 2016, using 35,000points x 2.

Upon negotiation, received complimentary upgrade to club room KING with club acccess for both nights (Spire Amb). I would say this is great value, as this is a points stay, i've only ever heard that comp club be given to RAs.

After further negotiation, I was offered a supplementary upgrade of $170usd + 15% tax per night for upgrade to Peninsula Suite. Given the current rise to 50k points/night, and the increase in prices overall, this was a favorable option for me to experience the best before it gets too expensive.

Hotel is un-bookable from 7-14th Feb 2016 due to Lunar New Year period. Would love to meetup any other folks from FT if you are also going in the same period, do drop me a PM.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
You are very good negotiator)
One of the new Club Lounge benefit is now you can invite 01 additional guest of your choice to enjoy club benefit.
Last time in October this year, i booked Club Peninsular Suite on BOGO and negotiated upgrade to Villa on the Beach
The only thing that going there on February, you are not able to swim, weather quite cold
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:02 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OrientExpress
You are very good negotiator)
One of the new Club Lounge benefit is now you can invite 01 additional guest of your choice to enjoy club benefit.
Last time in October this year, i booked Club Peninsular Suite on BOGO and negotiated upgrade to Villa on the Beach
The only thing that going there on February, you are not able to swim, weather quite cold
Thats a great new benefit, but I won't be using it unless someone else from FT is also staying on my dates and I would gladly invite them.

I wouldn't say I'm a good negotiator because, I was asking for paid upgrades, but they comped me instead. Unexpected because i know a Royal Amb which didn't get anything.

Yes I remember you giving me advice regarding this property, and I'm thrilled to stay here and thankful for your advice. I'm very contempt with the peninsula suite, which is video reviewed in detail

The pricing for the live chef seafood dinner is decent, has anyone tried it?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: Priority club
We're going to IC Danang and was considering purchasing club access at $190 for 2 people. Could I ask if anyone has experienced the service, is it good value as the breakfasts alone are $80 so we were wondering if it stacked up? We're not big drinkers so might have a couple of glasses of wine in the evening etc? Thanks
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Hailsy
We're going to IC Danang and was considering purchasing club access at $190 for 2 people. Could I ask if anyone has experienced the service, is it good value as the breakfasts alone are $80 so we were wondering if it stacked up? We're not big drinkers so might have a couple of glasses of wine in the evening etc? Thanks
Club is good, it gives you access to drinks on the beach and loungers. Also free breakfast in the restaurants and club itself. The club lounge I don't find much value you, the evenings canapes were ok and drinks are ok. Im not so sure of the value of 190 per night, that must include the room upgrade too?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by jedicat666
Hotel is un-bookable from 7-14th Feb 2016 due to Lunar New Year period. Would love to meetup any other folks from FT if you are also going in the same period, do drop me a PM.
When are you going? Me and my gf will be there on the 17th Feb
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Thinking of a last-2-weeks-Jan2016 side trip, first to Cambodia and then Vietnam before I go to Macau 4/5 Feb and Hong Kong 6-11Feb for Chinese New Year.

As RA what is current IC Danang situation for paid night stays regards upgrades/club access

Is one particular room type a sweet spot that RAs should book?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mslouisebrain
Hi everyone,

There seems to be a fair amount of confusion over Ambassador upgrades and privileges - both Gold/Platinum and Royal. I can understand why as this property does seem to do things a little differently to other Intercontinental hotels/resorts I've stayed at. I managed to obtain the guide used by staff to work out upgrades at this property. Hopefully it will be useful to you all.

In particular, it seems worth noting that an RA could book a Classic Room, Classic Terrace Suite or a Son Tra Room and still get upgraded to a Son Tra Terrace either way. So booking a Classic Terrace Suite or Son Tra Room is simply a waste of money. I do hope that guests who book those rooms are reimbursed back to the value of a Classic Room!

There is also an interesting note regarding Gold/Platinum Ambassadors who book the Son Tra Terrace Suite. It says "If Gold/Platinum Ambassador book for Son Tra Terrace Suite, offer room rate of Son Tra Room." I presume this is instead of an upgrade. Why wouldn't they just offer the upgrade? The guide confirms that guest would be eligible.

I also note the comment about no upgrade being offered on Weekend Certificate stays. I've always known a AMB Weekend stay to be eligible for upgrade. Did I imagine that? Or is that another quirk to this property?
Probably this helps, not sure if still valid. Probably PM the member I quote for more information, since the document provided by him was removed...

BR FC
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Thinking of a last-2-weeks-Jan2016 side trip, first to Cambodia and then Vietnam before I go to Macau 4/5 Feb and Hong Kong 6-11Feb for Chinese New Year.

As RA what is current IC Danang situation for paid night stays regards upgrades/club access

Is one particular room type a sweet spot that RAs should book?
Scroll back some pages there is a chart (if not i can email/or upload it) - which they stick to. I ended up paying because we wanted the villa/penthouse

Last edited by mitpat474; Jan 12, 2016 at 2:14 am
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Scroll back some pages there is a chart (if not i can email/or upload it) - which they stick to. I ended up paying because we wanted the villa/penthouse
Went back as far as page7 no chart found. Reply above says some info as such was removed?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Went back as far as page7 no chart found. Reply above says some info as such was removed?
Yes, it was removed... go back two more pages, anyway you will find only my quotation and a comment for removing an internal document...
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Working on putting together a Vietnam holiday and this IC is showing NO reward night availability for the entire year through December 2016. Zip. Not a single night.

(Ditto for the CP in Danag)

Is this a glitch?

Edited to add:
Just got off the line with IHG. It seems the hotel has not yet allocated their rewards nights for the year. Stay tuned.....

Last edited by airmotive; Jan 13, 2016 at 7:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.