Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Asiana Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
I did up a review of this property on my mid 2014 stay. I have post the photos/write up on the stays forum instead of this to avoid spamming the pages. Feel free to read up on the stay @ the Deluxe Corner Suite.

Flyertalk IHG Stays Forum Link
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24379087-post28.html

My Personal Travel Blog Link
http://www.jltravellounge.com/Travel...-Asiana-Saigon
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
Excellent detailed post, especially with the photos, thanks BBxCoreb^.

I am staying here early April, one night on PB, the other Club room, as part of our honeymoon. What do you reckon the chances are of being upgraded as a Plat AMB on both the PB stay and the Club Room stay.

Worth sending an email?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
worth sending an email in my opinion. I was previously quoted USD35++ to retain my suite and additional USD35++ for club access for plat amb. Guess its best to write to them stating its your honeymoon and stuff. =)
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
Will do I think, it can't hurt can it?
If you have been upgraded, when can you expect to see this reflected in your online account?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
The breakfast at this hotel is phenomenal in my opinion.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Platinum Ambassador- no benefits at the Residences?

I am researching a 4 night paid stay in Saigon at the end of March. I've stayed at the Residences before on a point break, but this time was planning on a paid stay with the whole family (two children, 10 and 14). I was surprised to find out when I enquired with reservations that the benefits for an Ambassador at the Residences on a paid stay is nothing. Wouldn't that be a violation of the Ambassador Ts and Cs? Or do they have different rules?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
I am researching a 4 night paid stay in Saigon at the end of March. I've stayed at the Residences before on a point break, but this time was planning on a paid stay with the whole family (two children, 10 and 14). I was surprised to find out when I enquired with reservations that the benefits for an Ambassador at the Residences on a paid stay is nothing. Wouldn't that be a violation of the Ambassador Ts and Cs? Or do they have different rules?
No they can do as residences are long stay accommodation and not classed as hotel rooms.

Even an RA who gets full suite + lounge upgrade on paid hotel stay, or lounge w/o upgrade on award hotel stay gets no lounge etc at IC Saigon if in Residences, to big annoyance of those RAs

I was there on 16/17th Jan and out of personal interest asked the hotel lounge checkin staff if the residences were stil without bennies and was told yes

Last edited by scubaccr; Jan 28, 2016 at 10:37 am
Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Even an RA who gets full suite + lounge upgrade on paid hotel stay, or lounge w/o upgrade on award hotel stay gets no lounge etc at IC Saigon if in Residences, to big annoyance of those RAs

I was there on 16/17th Jan and out of personal interest asked the hotel lounge checkin staff if the residences were stil without bennies and was told yes
It's been a while, but I have several stays at the Residence as a RA, where I received Club access and they brought up some beverage to the fridge in the kitchen in the apartment, as a compensation for the lack of minibar. At that time I had close to 100 nights/year at ICAS, so that might have played a role though.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:19 am

sounds like the IC Festival City in Dubai that has a 2nd residential apartment building (Residences) that is not considered an hotel, so no booze or club either
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Has anyone ever been upgraded to, or inquired about, the Presidential Suite (as an RA)?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Has anyone ever been upgraded to, or inquired about, the Presidential Suite (as an RA)?
Yes, several times, but it's been a couple of years ago, and I was a regular guest at the hotel at that time. If you buy the room category bellow the Presidential Suite, you will get upgraded (if the suite is available). I have booked a standard Club room a couple of times, and gotten the Presidential Suite because no other suites were available.

The Presidential Suite is nice, but it's not over the top in any way. The jacuzzi is indeed nice, but except for that I actually prefer the bathroom in the Executive suites.
Old May 11, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
I'll be heading to HCMC in August for 2 nights to do some sightseeing, food tour, etc. I plan on using points to keep my costs at a minimum plus I've heard this property is pretty nice.

Paid stays are $179+tax for the nights I'm looking at. For the 50K points/2nights should I do the residences or standard? I'm traveling solo if that helps.

I'm Plat with IHG, are there any benefits other than the measly 500 bonus points that I can expect at check in? Surprisingly this is my first time staying in an IC.
Old May 11, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
I'll be heading to HCMC in August for 2 nights to do some sightseeing, food tour, etc. I plan on using points to keep my costs at a minimum plus I've heard this property is pretty nice.

Paid stays are $179+tax for the nights I'm looking at. For the 50K points/2nights should I do the residences or standard? I'm traveling solo if that helps.

I'm Plat with IHG, are there any benefits other than the measly 500 bonus points that I can expect at check in? Surprisingly this is my first time staying in an IC.
First off, I wouldn't expect anything as a Platinum. Especially on a rewards night. I stayed there as an RA on a rewards night and they weren't overly generous. And I hate to break it to you, but you don't get the 500 welcome points at ICs...only at the other brands.

With that in mind, I think you'd be more impressed by the 1-bedroom apartment you'd get at the Residences than the basic king room you'd get at the hotel. The apartments at the residences are really nice and have a full kitchen, living room, bedroom and balcony. I was blown away by the quality. To me it seemed like a multi-million dollar high-rise condo that you'd find in a big city here in the US. It was beautiful. Hardwood floors, granite countertops, etc.

The only benefits of being at the hotel are having easier access to the pool and club lounge. But you could always walk over and use either if you desired...and you don't even have to leave the building. You'd have to pay for club access of course, but it's there if you want it.

I just stayed at both hotels in March and swore that if I ever returned on points I would stay at the Residences. In my opinion it's only worth staying at the hotel if you're on a paid stay and know you'll be upgraded to a suite or given club access.

Last edited by TravelTheWorld66; May 11, 2016 at 4:56 pm Reason: 500 points clarification
Old May 12, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
First off, I wouldn't expect anything as a Platinum. Especially on a rewards night. I stayed there as an RA on a rewards night and they weren't overly generous. And I hate to break it to you, but you don't get the 500 welcome points at ICs...only at the other brands.

With that in mind, I think you'd be more impressed by the 1-bedroom apartment you'd get at the Residences than the basic king room you'd get at the hotel. The apartments at the residences are really nice and have a full kitchen, living room, bedroom and balcony. I was blown away by the quality. To me it seemed like a multi-million dollar high-rise condo that you'd find in a big city here in the US. It was beautiful. Hardwood floors, granite countertops, etc.

The only benefits of being at the hotel are having easier access to the pool and club lounge. But you could always walk over and use either if you desired...and you don't even have to leave the building. You'd have to pay for club access of course, but it's there if you want it.

I just stayed at both hotels in March and swore that if I ever returned on points I would stay at the Residences. In my opinion it's only worth staying at the hotel if you're on a paid stay and know you'll be upgraded to a suite or given club access.
Darn what will I ever do without those 500 points!?

All good points so sounds like I will choose the Residences in this instance. I find it unlikely that I'll use the pool/lounge but it's always possible. My two days there are already fairly full in terms of scheduling.
Old May 24, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA

I was just there (hotel, not residence) on Friday for an overnight before catching a flight home (along with several hundred Secret Service!)

It's a decent pool for escape purposes (especially if it's really hot and humid). The club lounge makes for a nice breakfast away from the crowds, and the lounge staff is really good about spending extra time with you to answer any questions you may have about the country and city. That alone made paying for lounge access worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.