Wiki Posts
Search

IC Asiana Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by 21H21J
I've booked to stay again in August.
This time was on the 29th floor, but facing the the new building. It's a little disconcerting at how close the building is, maybe just 30 meters, and that you can see directly into the other building and I assume they can see into the residences. Had we been there any longer than one night I would have asked for a room on the other side of the building.

As it turned out, due to flight cancellation we ended up staying a second night which I paid for as I would be claiming on my travel insurance. As I received just 575 points for the stay I queried it with IHG and was informed:

3. Members will earn two and one-half (2.5) points per $1 USD on all qualified room rates and qualified incidental expenditures for stays at The Residence Suites Dubai F.C, InterContinental Doha Residences, and Asiana Reside Saigon Residences.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Park Hyatt is a nicer looking hotel. Pool is swankier. Gym is nicer. Food is more refined. The bar is cooler. Rooms are more up to date.

But it these differences are marginal. I was very happy with both If it were me I'd save the $$ unless it was an occasion of sorts.
Agree with the above as have stayed at both, but was travelling with 3 adults which the Hyatt doesn't accommodate in any reasonably priced room. The IC Residence fit the bill perfectly with a tremendous amount of space and privacy, My adult son just used the large couch to sleep on and they brought up an extra cover, so there wasn't even a charge for a roll-away. Definitely a nice setup if you find yourself travelling with 3 persons. I also do like that both IC properties are connected by a mall with lots of restaurant and coffee shop options if you don't feel like going out and about but want something other than the hotel offerings. Love this city and can't go wrong with either location.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:12 am

I am going to try this hotel on an upcoming trip. Does this hotel upgrqde (gold) ambassador level members on paid stays? Also, will they likely offer club upsell at check in, and is club level worth it at this property?

This property looks like a good value proposition in a good location. I am looking forward to trying it.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I am going to try this hotel on an upcoming trip. Does this hotel upgrqde (gold) ambassador level members on paid stays? Also, will they likely offer club upsell at check in, and is club level worth it at this property?

This property looks like a good value proposition in a good location. I am looking forward to trying it.
I can only answer the question about the club lounge. Early last year the quality and selection of food deteriorated and you could feel the cost cutting everywhere (the had a new GM). Last time a few month ago) the club lounge was much better, but still not up to the level 2 or 3 years ago. I would rate the lounge above average and the service in the lounge very good.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
I can only answer the question about the club lounge. Early last year the quality and selection of food deteriorated and you could feel the cost cutting everywhere (the had a new GM). Last time a few month ago) the club lounge was much better, but still not up to the level 2 or 3 years ago. I would rate the lounge above average and the service in the lounge very good.
Thanks. I might not go for the club level, as I would prefer to just order food in the hotel, through room service, or go out to eat. On the other hand, I like having a club lounge as a place to have coffee or light refreshments, but that is not likely worth $50 per day or whatever they charge unless one will use it every day.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
My thoughts on the club lounge here is that service is exemplary, but wine choices for evening drinks are cheap and not very good. Food was ok.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Susiew237
My thoughts on the club lounge here is that service is exemplary, but wine choices for evening drinks are cheap and not very good. Food was ok.

Thanks for letting me know - I can’t stand cheap wine. And in Vietnam on a leisure trip, I also do not want to be snacking on IC lounge food when I can eat in the hotel’s restaurants and go outside to eat. I won’t bother paying for club level, as that money can undoubtedly buy better food and wine elsewhere in Saigon.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Unless policy has changed, club lounge access allows foc option of Restaurant breakfast, which is excellent.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:00 pm

Thanks for letting me know - I can’t stand cheap wine. And in Vietnam on a leisure trip, I also do not want to be snacking on IC lounge food when I can eat in the hotel’s restaurants and go outside to eat. I won’t bother paying for club level, as that money can undoubtedly buy better food and wine elsewhere in Saigon.
There are lots of really nice restaurants and also some street food places within 5 to 10 min walk from the hotel. And Taxis are cheap - but traffic sometimes slow.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:49 pm

I am going to burn an Ambassador weekend night certificate. I’ve booked into Deluxe Corner Suite for two nights. Is that a good category, or should I go for Executive Suite? Note I really do not need the extra space, I am mostly interested in view quality and in trying the club access for a couple of nights. My guess is that Deluxe Corner should be fine.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:41 pm

I am going to burn an Ambassador weekend night certificate. I’ve booked into Deluxe Corner Suite for two nights. Is that a good category, or should I go for Executive Suite? Note I really do not need the extra space, I am mostly interested in view quality and in trying the club access for a couple of nights. My guess is that Deluxe Corner should be fine.
The Corner Suite has a somewhat smaller living room, work desk in the bedroom. The Executive has a separate toilet, somewhat bigger living room and vie only to one side of the building. In my opinion none of the rooms has an outstanding view, the corner has a view to two different sides. I would book whatever is cheaper or check with the hotel how the upgrades work. They are adhering fairly strict to the rules.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:14 pm

The Corner Suite has a somewhat smaller living room, work desk in the bedroom. The Executive has a separate toilet, somewhat bigger living room and vie only to one side of the building. In my opinion none of the rooms has an outstanding view, the corner has a view to two different sides. I would book whatever is cheaper or check with the hotel how the upgrades work. They are adhering fairly strict to the rules.
Hmm... neither sounds particularly exciting. I will be staying for several additional nights in a room - do you think the suite is even nice enough to justify the added hassle of switching rooms mid stay?

I am not entirely sure I’ll have another use for the weekend night certificate in the near future, and I will get a new one soon with renewal.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:38 am

Hmm... neither sounds particularly exciting. I will be staying for several additional nights in a room - do you think the suite is even nice enough to justify the added hassle of switching rooms mid stay?

I am not entirely sure I’ll have another use for the weekend night certificate in the near future, and I will get a new one soon with renewal.
For two people the executive suite is good, since one can relax/sleep and the other work. Also the suite is nice if you let your business contacts visit you there and need a quiet place to talk since the bedroom is separated from the living room by a door - and the executive suite has a toilet next to the living room.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:44 am

For two people the executive suite is good, since one can relax/sleep and the other work. Also the suite is nice if you let your business contacts visit you there and need a quiet place to talk since the bedroom is separated from the living room by a door - and the executive suite has a toilet next to the living room.
This is a leisure trip and there is no real need for a suite. I just thought about using the cert if the suite in question were worth it. It doesn’t sound that appealing. I may try to use the Ambassador cert elsewhere.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:36 am

Does this hotel have discrete club rooms, or does “club” just mean having the same room type with the addition of the club benefits? I ask because I may opt for club for teh first half of my stay only. I do not want to be asked to switch rooms, or necessarily pay upsell to retain the same room. I have Gold Ambassador status, if that matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.