Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Asiana Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
can anyone tell me the best way to get to the ic from the airport?
presume taxi/
how much ? and any traps to avoid?

thanks
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
IC Asiana Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City Master Thread

definitely Taxi. I remember it being pretty inexpensive. Mai Linh and Vinasun are the two most reputable companies, and it should be metered.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 2:34 am

There is a prepaid taxi desk just before the exit - the one we used was SaigonAir but generally in the city - Vinasun and Mai Linh are the ones to use to avoid being ripped off.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 8:23 am

Regular Taxi is the best way to go. Just after exiting the building look for the queue with the Taxis. The price is almost the same for big or small, pick a SUV especially when you have luggage.
Fare to the IC should be around 120.000 Dong or 6 US$. Just make sure the meter is on when you leave the airport. Sometimes the drivers 'forget' but switch it on when you say the word meter.
It will take you 20 min in light traffic, more if traffic is bad, but normally around 45 min max.
No tips necessary, just round up.
Mai Linh, Vinasun and the Airport Texi Company are ok, but i have never seen an illegal Taxi at the airport.
When in town check for the company and never take a taxi waiting in front of one of the tourist places. That is where the fake taxis are waiting. Flag one down on the street or take one where local people are just getting out.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As Unterwegs was saying stick to the big companies that are Vinasun and Mai Linh. All reputable hotels will have a taxi queue from either one of those firms and most office buildings have the same. Never had a bad experience. When outside somewhere just follow the same principle and use cabs from those firms and ensure the meter is turned on.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
will be staying in April. Booked a king club on AMBWeekend and was given an upgrade to the deluxe suite. was wondering do they have views of the HCM city skyline/any recommended views?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
will be staying in April. Booked a king club on AMBWeekend and was given an upgrade to the deluxe suite. was wondering do they have views of the HCM city skyline/any recommended views?
None of the rooms has great views. There are some rooms (on the side of the main entrance) which have a small tower with lots of antennas in front of them. Avoid these. Otherwise it does not matter much.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
None of the rooms has great views. There are some rooms (on the side of the main entrance) which have a small tower with lots of antennas in front of them. Avoid these. Otherwise it does not matter much.
Thanks Unterwegs. Hmm, this means ill just ask for a room with high floor and hope the view wld be pleasing to my taste. haha
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks Unterwegs. Hmm, this means ill just ask for a room with high floor and hope the view wld be pleasing to my taste. haha
Not much of a skyline to be seen in HCMC. We had a nice view of the pool, though, which I thought was pretty cool. You can check it out here: http://www.youwentwhere.com/?p=1290
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:05 am

Programs: TK E+
Deluxe suites are always on "high floors" here. Imo best views is from those suites facing south-west (same side as main entrance), but as others are mentioning; There is a radio antenna on the other side of the street, so if you are sensitive to this, get a room on the opposite site (these are very visible from the Residence building next door though).
Old May 9, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
I'm staying at the IC Asiana Saigon later this month on points stay...like others have asked is it better on the residence side or just the hotel side, it will be just 2 adults staying. Would I get an upgrade or cub access as a Plat Amb.
Old May 9, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Rusell
I'm staying at the IC Asiana Saigon later this month on points stay...like others have asked is it better on the residence side or just the hotel side, it will be just 2 adults staying. Would I get an upgrade or cub access as a Plat Amb.
Not likely, if you are not an RA

On Points/Award nights RAs keep booked room type (no upgrade, although upsell is offered, but then an RA might as well book/pay for entry levelroom !) BUT RAs do get Club Lounge access on Award stays.
Old May 9, 2014, 10:33 am

I used points which was a mistake as the hotel is so cheap - confirm RAs get club but not free minibar on award stay.
Old May 9, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I used points which was a mistake as the hotel is so cheap - confirm RAs get club but not free minibar on award stay.
I did not know Hotels RA Award was Club Lounge only benefit without free minbar etc, I was concentrating on a)no room upgrade b)lounge given. Maybe you still got other hotel bennies on points
o Free Internet
o 2 pieces clothes/day vouchers
o Early/Late checkin/checkout
etc

On my RA Award here, I paid upsell of 65++ usd/night (75usd) to upgrade to Suite from booked entry level points room, which ends up as the standard RA upgrade from a paid entry level room.
With June2013 room at 150usd my saving for 25K points was jusy OK, until I upselled and used 25k/night to save only usd75

25k/night without upsell is about break even on P+C value basis (usd70/10k), but if you take would upsell you save only 75usd/25k, so best just to book paid nights.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:25 am

Stay Review In Mid 2014

I stayed here in middle of 2014. Booked a club room using BOGOF and was given a double upgrade to Deluxe Corner Suite with club access. Booked a third night using rewards nights at 25k and was allowed to keep the room at USD35++ per night (including club access).

Note: the reservation staff made a mistake, it is USD35++ to retain suite and additional USD35++ for club access for platinum ambassadors, however as I had the original acknowledgement in writing, I was only charged USD35++ for my 3rd night.

Please find my photos of my stay as per below.

The Deluxe Corner Suite is extremely spacious and is on level 19, the same level with the Club Intercontinental. My room is located just beside the lounge. The room comes with a separate living area with oversized sofas, coffee machine and flat screen TV console. The bedroom offers views of the city and the bathroom comes with separate rainfall shower and tub and double vanity area. Extremely luxurious.

Deluxe Corner Suite - Bedroom

Deluxe Corner Suite - Bathroom

Deluxe Corner Suite - Living Room

Deluxe Corner Suite - View From Room

Welcome Amenities

I totally enjoyed the club lounge, the staff on duty were very attentive and were friendly and professional. The evening canapes were of good quality and had an immense spread, 3 hot dish, several small bites, salad, nuts, pastries and local snacks, desserts and the usual cocktail/wines/hard liquor spread.

Evening Canapes

View From Club Lounge

Intercontinental Club Lounge

Breakfast Buffet Spread, Drinks & Fruits Area

Detailed write up is at my travel blog below.
http://www.jltravellounge.com/Travel...-Asiana-Saigon

I do apologise first if this review is too delayed. I only started to blog about my Ho Chi Minh trip recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.