Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Asiana Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by igloocoder
.They tried selling me on club access during checkin for something like 60USD per night.
Club lounge at Asiana Saigon is simpy great (very good breakfast, nice selection of evening food and drinks, panoramic view, business centre, two seperate library rooms, very smiling and friendly staff, free wifi).

I would say that EUR60 on points for club access, it definitely worth it.

video of the club lounge
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:30 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I agree. I think I paid something like U$40/night for Club access on my point stay there some weeks ago.

I agree that they could do a bit more for RA's, but they stick 110% to the rule book with no exceptions, like many Asian hotels tend to do. However, for me that is a small price to pay for their outstanding service and attitude towards you as a guest.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:29 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Just stayed at this property for 3 nights and was happy about it. No complaints except for the weak WiFi signal in the room... Keeps losing it...

But the room is nice, large, bright, with a view on the Central Post Office's back. Big LCD TV, nice bathroom and bathtub.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Sure enough, some have English issues but seriously, nothing bad at all. Don't forget you are the foreigner here, have a little bit of understanding and patience. You can't just expect everyone in the world to be fluent in English. If really you had issues, you can always get a supervisor or a manager whose English is better.

Duty Manager was very attentive. Managed to check-in early (10AM) and get my late check-out at 2PM. Fruits were in my room (I'm a PC base member).

Location is good, I don't know what some of you need. There is no real "city center" in HCM but this location is not bad. Close to Notre Dame church, walking distance to Benh Thanh market, Opera, or heck, even the river front. Walking 10-15 minutes isn't going to hurt you. Depends on the weather of course.

The value for the money paid was well worth it and I would stay there again, even though I want to try the Park Hyatt next time.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:11 pm

Stayed here as an Ambassador recently. Nothing special, everything was by the book, got a city view room and small plate of fruits. No lounge access as expected, but did get the up sell for $25++. Location is fine for walking.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:42 pm

Stayed here twice over two separate weekends in January. Arrived around 1:30 AM due to horrible baggage claim speed after a post-midnight landing. I needed a very late (6:30PM) checkout and was convinced to pay for Ambassador. It made sense to my frazzled brain due to paying for that vs a room penalty and knowing it would apply to my second stay the following weekend.

I already had a Deluxe King Corner so I'm not sure what exactly the room upgrade was (maybe better location?), but it was a club floor. Room was really big and very nice, but wifi was spotty at best. I paid for club access for the first stay, but didn't really see the point after one visit to the club, as I already had complimentary breakfast downstairs with a much bigger buffet selection. They had complimentary iPads in the club, but I didn't try it.

In general I found the service to be very good and accommodating (esp compared to the Novotel Nha Trang I stayed in between Saigon stays), and the concierge helped tremendously with writing down a few obscure addresses and finding me a great vegetarian restaurant as well.

For my second stay, I was in a similar room, received the fruit plate, used my complimentary 2 pieces of laundry (in lieu of ppv movie?) but didn't pay for the club access. This time I was there Sat night before Tet, with celebrations in full swing. The concierge mapped out a walking route (with some advice I had from others before) that was perfect for seeing the flower-filled streets and lights. On the whole I was very happy with the experience but not sure if I should have expected a bigger room upgrade.

I thought the location was great with so many things to see within walking distance, and a nice restaurant mall next door, though the view out the window (post office) wasn't that great.

If I travel more in the next 12 months, I'm likely going to try another IC to use the Ambassador coupon and upgrade.

However, I am curious about what people like about the club? Just the exclusivity? Admittedly, I did not take advantage of the happy hour, but I wouldn't give up the fantastic food selection downstairs just for slightly better service, quiet and the view.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Pureboy
I am curious about what people like about the club?
As said before:

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Club lounge at Asiana Saigon is simpy great (very good breakfast, nice selection of evening food and drinks, panoramic view, business centre, two seperate library rooms, very smiling and friendly staff, free wifi).

video of the club lounge
I would add quiet and elegant atmosphere, jazz music selection, charming staff
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:44 am

This time I was there Sat night before Tet, with celebrations in full swing.
I was there too this weekend. It was quite nice and relaxing, not as busy as previous in the week.

However, I am curious about what people like about the club? Just the exclusivity? Admittedly, I did not take advantage of the happy hour, but I wouldn't give up the fantastic food selection downstairs just for slightly better service, quiet and the view.
For me slightly better service, quiet and the view makes all the difference . But for the most part I prefer the Club because of the staff there, for me the Club at IC Saigon is the closest I get to feel like home, when being on the road.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by aulrik
But for the most part I prefer the Club because of the staff there, for me the Club at IC Saigon is the closest I get to feel like home, when being on the road.
You have a constantly replenished buffet with people serving you whilst you overlook the city at your home? Nice.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: SQ
I can understand why someone would pay $50 for lounge access, especially if they're older and less likely to venture out into Saigon in search of cheaper alternatives. Further, they trust the quality of the products being served to them, unlike most of what you find on the street. I have booked a club room here before (when my work paid), and it definitely was worth it. I found myself in there a lot more than I anticipated because of not only the hot weather outside, but the surprisingly high quality of the lounge!

That being said, I could eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, each time with a beer in Saigon for 5$ total without much difficulty. You can also rent a good apartment for the same price as 2 nights at the IC.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:08 am

You have a constantly replenished buffet with people serving you whilst you overlook the city at your home? Nice.
Of course, aren't you married too?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, HHonors, Priority Club
I just stayed here as a Gold Ambassador. (I posted my experience in the Ambassador experience thread)

Overall we had a nice stay. We were curious to see if we would receive an upgrade. 1st night was booked on points, we got upgraded from a king deluxe to a nice corner room. 2nd and 3rd night was on BOGO, booked a deluxe corner but received no further upgrade, therefore we had the same room for 3 nights. A little annoyance was the receptionist who checked us in the first day failed to inform us we would have the same room for both reservations. So we were fully packed after the 1st night thinking we were moving to a new room.

The wi-fi is expensive in VN standards, but we paid for a couple of overpriced drinks in "The Library" the first day and the waitress input the password on our iPad and iPhone, and the devices remembered the setting throughout our stay.

We were offered Club Lounge access for $30/day per person. It was tempting as our rates did not include breakfast, but I'm glad we declined. There are so many great, inexpensive restaurants within walking distance! Bahn mi and cafe sua da are the real Saigonese breakfast, for under $1!

We took advantage of 4PM check-out, as our flight was at midnight. Once we checked out, we left our bags with the porter and went to the connected next building, Kumho Link. There are a few places where you can have some dessert or meals inexpensively and kill time with A/C and wi-fi.

Room and facilities including the pool were so nice. I'll definitely stay here again.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Stayed also here last week here as a PlatAmbassador.

Overall we had a nice stay. 1st night was booked on points, No upgrade. 2nd and 3rd night was on BOGO, booked a club room and got upgrade to deluxe suite, therefore we needed to move rooms as they dont offer upgrade to rewards night anyway we arrived at 8pm at the hotel and moved 9 am the next day. 4th night booked with points need to move again to a deluxe room but paid $100 (up sell) to stay in the suite plus club access.

Club access normally is about $70 ++ and internet costs about $15 a day.

The club access is worth it if you want to work (downside is weak internet connection- asked even a router in my room hence the room is on the 19th floor club floor. They do serve mini dinner between 1730-1930 with good selection of drinks to match the evening.

Took the 5pm late check out a we need to take a shower and stayed in the lounge till 8 pm for the night flight back to BKK.

Room and facilities including the pool are great and staff are very helpful.
The property is next to hardrock cafe and some restaurant next building.

Overall it is indeed overpriced but will be back if they have it again for points-break ^
Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I too stayed there last week - did we all cross paths?

I had the first night paid and nights 2 & 3 on points.

I was given an upgrade the first night (to a corner deluxe?) and when I advised them I would be on points for the next 2 nights but didn't want to change rooms, they said it would be no problem. I had booked it this way on purpose - on the assumption that I would be potentially entitled to an upgrade on a paid reservation but not on points (could be erroneous assumption on my part).

They offered me club access at $30/night for nights 2 & 3 (allegedly because I could access it the first night for free).

I did take them up on it. I will say that it was all great and a fantastic stay but for the fact that wifi was basically non-existent in my room. I would sit on the floor by the door to try to eke out some access. That was the one blemish on the stay.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:53 am

It seems like if internet is USD20 and breakfast is USD25/person - it might be worth upgrading to a club access. But what is the standard cash rate to upgrade? Also, if staying in club room, can one have breakfast in the main restaurant?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:27 am

I have stayed a few times on a points rate and paid $50USD for club lounge access. I think this is good value because you get free internet, club lounge access and a phenomenal breakfast (yes you can go in the main restaurant). Eeven better this hotel is available on points breaks for 5000 points at the moment so if you are staying in the next couple of months I would suggest a points stay and pay the $50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.